Page 123 of 128 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,690 of 3812

Thread: 11/08/2022, The Midterms, aka build on 2020 aka The Election Thread

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    the CNN video I watched last night had the Lt. Gov on and he said, "hey everyone complained about our voter laws and we still elected Warnock, it must not be as bad as everyone says" and that is pretty much exactly the wrong takeaway mofo. wow.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Kornacki's schtick is tiring but last night he did a pretty good job of illustrating the comparisons between Nov and the runnoft. Walker gained percentage points in key counties (for him) but in those same counties Warnock also gained points relative to their respective Nov totals. So Walker didn't gain any ground. Couple that with the early reporting gaps in the Atlanta suburbs it was very clear around 8-9pm there was no way Walker was going to pull it off, even if he "had the lead" at the time. Somber talking points from his camp were just the icing on the cake.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

I cannot wait to see the breakdown of the voters.
    https://twitter.com/michelle_byoung/...YKVO-3XSBYRz3w

look at me in the minority.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    She might as well just register as an R

Not surprised by this.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    If she is challenged by a Democrat she will split the ticket and give the seat to someone like Kari Lake. I always thought she was a dipshit.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    wouldn't even be surprised if she starts siding with Lake's "election was stolen" bs

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    She might as well just register as an R

Not surprised by this.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post

Her biggest issue with Democrats is the same as her biggest issue with Republicans: Tribal partisanship. She says she wants both parties to reach across the aisle and cooperate.
    She's nothing but an opportunist.

Why Kyrsten Sinema Left The Democratic Party

Since joining the Senate, she’s taken public stances against Democratic efforts to abolish the filibuster and, along with Manchin, pushed her party to sharply reduce the outlays in budgetary legislation. Her positions have infuriated many Arizona Democrats, and the state party formally censured her over her 2022 vote to retain the filibuster, which helped block Democratic efforts to pass voting rights legislation.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    It's possible she doesn't run again in 2024, if only because she has literally no path to victory no matter what party she runs under. If she had remained a Democrat, she 100% would have been unseated in a primary. The Arizona Democratic Party has had enough of her bullshit and her constituents rightfully despise her. So she has avoided being tossed out by her former party, but even so, there's zero way she keeps her seat. If she ran as an independent, even if the Democrats were stupid and cowardly enough to NOT run a Democrat against her, she would lose to the Republican challenger. And she would clearly lose running as an independent against a Democrat and a Republican both - but I could see her doing this, because even though she has no chance of winning, she stands a good chance of being enough of a spoiler to hand the seat to some Republican psycho. And if you think she wouldn't be so petty and willfully destructive, I would suggest you have not been paying enough attention to who this person is.

Sinema has defined her tenure in the Senate through blatant disinterest and disdain for her constituents, a disgusting amount of shmoozing with corporate interests keeping her bank account full, and chiefly, being a crucial gift horse (along with Manchin) to the Republicans at the most consequential moments. Please do not carry water for her bs "i'M jUsT eScApInG tHe NaTiOnAl PaRtY's RiGiD pArTiSaNsHiP" spin - this lady uses rhetoric like the right wingers, or the many shitty Democrats, in the sense that her words are nothing but a deflection, a distraction, a smokescreen. She believes in nothing, her entire time in the Senate has been one giant "take the money and run" scam. She urged her colleagues to vote for the January 6th commission and then didn't even vote on it, citing a "personal family matter." Five of the veterans serving as her liasons to the Arizona service member community straight up resigned, with their resignation letter skewering her as an opponent to progress who answered to big money donors rather than her own people. Like many of our elected representatives, she is a self-worshiping nihilist who believes in nothing save her own enrichment. Unlike many of them though, who prefer to ruin our country and lives for their own enrichment in some degree of anonymity, she clearly takes pride in being a blatant troll and feeding her narcissism with these public displays of sabotage. Like, it's not an accident that she announced this days after the Dems had seemingly locked in a slim majority over Rs in the Senate. She delights in trolling the Americans she is screwing and I genuinely hope her life from here on out is as miserable and horrible as possible.

And I won't get into this to deep, but yes, unfortunately most of our elected representatives are awful, selfish opportunists. At this point this is sadly common knowledge. But to see this commonly held and accurate notion deployed mostly for the sake of playing devil's advocate for someone as loathsome as Sinema... let's just say I find it distressing and offensive and leave it at that. Ta.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yet another wild, massive gap in our system, that a a senator can just autonomously change parties mid term, with no recourse for their constituents. No accountability. Nothing. Our stupid fucking system.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Every time the House votes for speaker take a shot of whiskey.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Round 7, still no speaker...

I'm thinking McCarthy may withdraw today.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Matt Gaetz votes Trump. Really? Just please continue to waste everyone's time.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Matt Gaetz votes Trump. Really? Just please continue to waste everyone's time.
    If you were casting an actor to play a douche-bag politician, you couldn't do any better than Matt Gaetz. What a scumbag.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Every time the House votes for speaker take a shot of whiskey.
    I don't know that my bank account can handle that many shots

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    "because it took this long," says Kevin McCarthy, referring to his election as house speaker, which as of right now still hasn't happened, "we have finally learned how to govern."

it could be on Veep

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    If you were casting an actor to play a douche-bag politician, you couldn't do any better than Matt Gaetz. What a scumbag.
    is there a more punchable face?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Now the republicans are voting for “Kevin…

Hearn

with the pause in the to fuck with people and Kevin McCarthy.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just fucking around at this point

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Even though McCarthy is an awful bastard and a lying prick, I actually teared up a little during his Washington crossing the Potomac bit...

Until he said "THERE IS NO OBSTACLE THIS BODY CAN OVERCOME!" YAAAAAAAAH!

It's like, goddamn. You left out a letter that was, ostensibly, PRETTY goddamn key to your elelegant, eloquent metaphor, there, hoss.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    MEANWHILE, holy shit. Did you guys catch this?

Jeffries '28.

I didn't even catch the A-Z bit until the SECOND time I watched it.

This cat could be the next obama, being a young visionary who is able to inspire his way to the White House through his oratory skill.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    I'm late to the dogpile here, but fuck Matt Gaetz. That guy is a Batman villain. I hope he eats shit one day, and then discovers that shit tastes really bad, and it's the worst thing that ever happens to him, and then I hope a fucking dumpster full of shit just pours into his gaping offended mouth. Like a goulash of shit just funneling into his face. I want the universe to offend his every sensibility the way he offends me.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    it's absolutely disgusting that he's gonna skate on that trafficking charge. It's obvious he was with that underage girl, but they're not going to go to after him b/c of lack of evidence or whatever. Maddening.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    worse than that: because the person who was informing on him was a bad suspect. The guy they already arrested and pinned a bunch of stuff on? suddenly not a good witness.