Page 62 of 128 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 3812

Thread: 11/08/2022, The Midterms, aka build on 2020 aka The Election Thread

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    For those who hate clickbait:

Narrow Biden lead in NC, WI, FL, PA, and MI. Nationwide, It's 48 to 42 Biden / Trump.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    For those who hate clickbait:

Narrow Biden lead in NC, WI, FL, PA, and MI. Nationwide, It's 48 to 42 Biden / Trump.
    How is that clickbait? The article is well worth reading and spells out where the race stands right now and breaks down some hard numbers. The heading tells you exactly what the article will contain. You can visit it or not, it's not really the job of the poster to provide a synopsis of the article that they are linking.

THIS (or anything on alternative nation) is an example of clickbait:

Dave Grohl Makes ‘Emergency’ Hospital Announcement
    Last edited by GulDukat; 05-02-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    How is that clickbait? The article is well worth reading and spells out where the race stands right now and breaks down some hard numbers. The heading tells you exactly what the article will contain. You can visit it or not, it's not really the job of the poster to provide a synopsis of the article that they are linking.

THIS (or anything on alternative nation) is an example of clickbait:

Dave Grohl Makes ‘Emergency’ Hospital Announcement
    Clickbait (or as they were referred to when I worked in TV news, "teasers") intentionally leave out the meat of the story, making it impossible for the viewer / reader / listener to know the relevant data without digging deeper in. It's not necessarily misleading or anything - it just leaves out the pertinent info that the viewer is looking for. A non-clickbait headline would be "Multiple swing state polls show Biden leading Trump". There; don't need to click the link to get a summary of the story, but you can decide to click on it based on whether or not you want to know where they got that information, or skip it if it's news that you'd really rather not read.

Your example is clickbait with a bonus helping of sensationalism, which is an easy way to get people to ignore your entire website. Clickbait is just annoying, but it's not inherently "wrong".
    Last edited by theimage13; 05-02-2020 at 04:49 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Well, that's what the headline was. Thinking most posters would like to read the article and wouldn't waste time complaining. It's a good article that is relevant to the thread.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Well, that's what the headline was. Thinking most posters would like to read the article and wouldn't waste time complaining.
    I know. And maybe I should clarify that that wasn't meant to be a dig at you personally, but frustration at whoever wrote that headline. As a former journalist and someone who understands that many people get their news by scrolling through headlines on Twitter and Facebook and the like, it just bothers me to see such vague headlines in places where meaningful information could have been placed instead. For example, their Facebook page has 383,000 "likes". That's 383,000 people who could have seen "Biden leading Trump in several swing state polls". Instead, they saw a generic "click here to read about polls" headline, which I can guarantee you something like 10-20% of their followers did. Attention spans online are painfully short, so it bothers me when people waste headlines on trying to lure people in instead of just putting out some news that might actually entice them to dig deeper.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    I swear I'm seeing more Bernie Sanders supporters attacking Biden than anyone else. Look, you crazy fucks, I don't want him either, but can I please get out of the funhouse of bullshit crazy insanity for one goddamn second?! I don't care if Biden eats babies. Just get me out of here. Bernie Sanders is NOT GOING TO BE THE CANDIDATE.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I swear I'm seeing more Bernie Sanders supporters attacking Biden than anyone else. Look, you crazy fucks, I don't want him either, but can I please get out of the funhouse of bullshit crazy insanity for one goddamn second?! I don't care if Biden eats babies. Just get me out of here. Bernie Sanders is NOT GOING TO BE THE CANDIDATE.
    BUT IF WE LET BIDEN WIN THEN HE'LL BE THE INCUMBENT AND SANDERS CAN'T RUN AGAINST HIM SO KEEP TRUMP SO WE CAN VOTE FOR 83 YEAR OLD BERNIE IN 2024

obvious /s

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    I'm just responding with this from now on when I see liberals dog piling on Biden:

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    You know, WTF. Just WHAT THE FUCK.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/elect...pdu-story.html

All based on ACTUAL SHIT TARA READE SAID:

“Why are they hiding my report?”
    “My report is probably hidden at the University of Delaware!”
    “Joe Biden says my legs were sexy and he wanted me to hand out cocktails!”
    “Well, actually, I never heard him say that, I heard other staff members say that, but it pissed me off!”
    “Joe Biden’s staff told me to stop dressing sexy. But I’m sure it was all Joe Biden’s fault!”
    “But I wasn’t afraid of Joe Biden, it wasn’t that kind of vibe.”
    “But then his staff thought I was so pretty, they put me in a cubicle in a corner and hid me! Like a beautiful lamp!”
    “Then I QUIT!”
    “Then I told everybody I was sexually harassed”
    “And you can find the reports”
    “No, I never kept copies”
    “Oh, Joe asked to locate the reports?”
    “Okay, if you find those reports they won’t be there because I didn’t actually file any. I chickened out.”
    “But if you find my personnel file it might say I quit”
    “But it was sexual harassment. I quit. Oh wait no I was fired. Oh no wait I quit.”
    “The complaint will say I was mad about the cocktail party. But it was really about sexual harassment, I mean sexual assault.”
    “But I didn’t file a report”
    “Did I mention I’m also a lawyer?”
    "Oh, yeah, and we need to look into Biden and UKRAINE!"
    https://miro.medium.com/max/1400/1*k...7VUPtAo4mw.png
    Last edited by allegro; 05-02-2020 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Exactly as I suspected would happen, Biden is now being painted as a hypocrite for “attacking” Reade (even though he was careful to do no such thing), because he applauded Blasey Ford’s courage.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...answer/610954/
    Last edited by allegro; 05-03-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I think Biden has a rough road ahead of him. I would not be surprised if more Tara Reade's are waiting in the wings.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Hopefully his team vets and then announces his VP choice soon. Then we have 3 months until the convention, 6 months until the election.

If Biden tanks because of this accusation, they’ll put in his VP. Hopefully, it’s Abrams.

Anyway, I’m only talking with my family about it from now on.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-03-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    The amount of simple-minded "durrrrrr your hypocrites for believing women in 2018 but not now" memes and cartoons is sending my blood pressure through the roof.

Unfortunately, no one who really needs to understand what's happening now would ever take the time to read something as "long" as @allegro 's post above unless it was titled "why libtards are crying this week".

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    My only hard opinion so far with all of this is that I think Biden is trying as hard as he can to be transparent by requesting any and all complaints made against him as a Senator to be made public so that voters can decide and journalists can investigate and that I think it's a good thing. She's elaborated on her story further and further so that journalists can investigate and he's trying to be crystal clear so that journalists can also investigate that. My only complaint is that he moved a little slow to make a statement but I'm glad he finally did. Past that, we move forward on VP and cabinet picks and whatnot so that we can see what his platform is and it should only stop if Reade's story can be corroborated by more than just friends, family and neighbors.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    The 25 Women who Have Accused Trump of Sexual Misconduct

Just copy and paste that on any social media threads or emails from people who are making it sound like this is a reason to attack Biden - but not Trump. Ask why they're okay with the guy in the oval office being in this position.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tara Reade's ex-husband, in a court document filed in 1996, said that she told him about enduring sexual harassment while she was working in Biden's office.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    “a problem she was having at work regarding sexual harassment, in U.S. Senator Joe Biden’s office.” is not the same as "Joe Biden harassed her" but that's not what's going to be reported.

Also it's amazing that the one person accusing Joe Biden has the balls to say he should just drop out and people are giving her the time of day but the 13+ women who said the same for Trump were mostly ignored.

The world is pretty depressing.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    “a problem she was having at work regarding sexual harassment, in U.S. Senator Joe Biden’s office.” is not the same as "Joe Biden harassed her" but that's not what's going to be reported.

Also it's amazing that the one person accusing Joe Biden has the balls to say he should just drop out and people are giving her the time of day but the 13+ women who said the same for Trump were mostly ignored.

The world is pretty depressing.
    100% accurate on all fronts here. Although I'd say that the 13+ women who said the same for Trump were mostly ignored by Republicans​. There was press around it. I saw lots of people getting angry about it. Just no one from the GOP.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    100% accurate on all fronts here. Although I'd say that the 13+ women who said the same for Trump were mostly ignored by Republicans​. There was press around it. I saw lots of people getting angry about it. Just no one from the GOP.
    Just like the people here that are liking various things linked to this nature regarding Biden, but were discrediting the same things said about Trump (which were greater both in number and in detail). Kind of telling, just pointing that out.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Just like the people here that are liking various things linked to this nature regarding Biden, but were discrediting the same things said about Trump (which were greater both in number and in detail). Kind of telling, just pointing that out.
    Considering that, as of this comment, i'm the first and only person to Like Botley's post, allow me to clarify something for you: anyone who commits sexual assault should be convicted. Anyone and Everyone. That includes Trump, Weinstein, and Biden, if he did it. If you weren't indirectly referencing me, then my apologies, but otherwise, find a quote anywhere on this board where i've defended Trump against sexual assault claims. I'll wait.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    That article says:

The declaration — exclusively obtained by The Tribune in San Luis Obispo, California — does not say Biden committed the harassment
    If you read all of her other accounts from the last 20 years combined, it appears that her beef was with his staffers. Which explains her mother’s anonymous phone call to Larry King. If you’ve ever worked in an office staff like this, particularly during that era, you’ve worked with a Tara Reade. She quit to move with her b/f then husband, which story morphed into “they blackballed me and I couldn’t find a job so I had to move” which morphed into “they fired me to shut me up.” Word now is that her ex-husband says she cut a deal with Biden’s staff who, she claims, harassed her.* This was right around the time Biden was negotiating the Violence Against Women Act, and not too long after Anita Hill. After the EEOC made sexual harassment an official Federal complaint, it led to what became a crazy era of random accusations everywhere. Complaints were filed strictly over petty issues, framing them as sexual harassment (vs. the actual issues). Reade claims she was asked by staff not to dress “so sexy.” Law and Congress is still VERY conservative, even until 2005 most firms REQUIRED women to wear tights or pantyhose. Carol Moseley Braun was not “allowed” to wear pants on the Senate floor at her first day as a Senator in 1993. We had to counsel young women not to wear what appeared to be Beach attire to the office. The sexual harassment law is intended to protect people, but it quickly became rampantly abused. HR started ignoring the complaints, totally, requiring expensive lawsuits. The rampant abuse of the sexual harassment claims rendered mute the genuinely harassed. This complaint might do the same, leading to Trump being re-elected, rendering mute the black men being murdered by police every single day, the children being held in cages, the immigrant babies being sold in adoptions, the immigrants being sent back to be killed, etc. It neglects to see a big picture, instead taking a myopic view of one’s own drama, alone.

Note that Biden's former campaign manager denies this.

Asked for comment Thursday, the national press secretary for Biden’s presidential campaign, T.J. Ducklo, said the campaign is not commenting on the latest development at this time.

However, the campaign did provide a comment from Ted Kaufman, who was Biden’s chief of staff at the time.

“I have consistently said what is the truth here — that she never came to me,” Kaufman said. “I do not remember her, and had she come to me in any of these circumstances, I would remember her. But I do not, because she did not.”
    Last edited by allegro; 05-09-2020 at 12:45 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    huh.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Tara Reade's ex-husband, in a court document filed in 1996, said that she told him about enduring sexual harassment while she was working in Biden's office.
    It doesn't name Biden as the harasser though. The headline seems a little misleading... I don't see this advancing any narrative.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    She filed a complaint against the YMCA in 2007 for being "too white" (she was Tara McCabe then).

http://www.montereycountyweekly.com/...c08312b8d.html
    https://portal.monterey.courts.ca.go...gyNTg2#parties

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    It doesn't name Biden as the harasser though. The headline seems a little misleading... I don't see this advancing any narrative.
    That's because you're intelligent. Expect any right-leaning network to run with it in a way allows anyone who hates Biden easily imagine the news to mean that he was the harasser.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Election doomsday 2020: Here’s how scholars fear the Trump-Biden race could go terribly wrong

With six months to go until November’s 2020 election, dozens of America’s top legal minds convened to consider what would have been unthinkable before Donald Trump’s presidency. They gathered to brainstorm what could be done to prevent the country from descending into a “civil war-like scenario,” as one participant put it, if Trump and Joe Biden both claim that they won the presidency—and won’t back down.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Election doomsday 2020: Here’s how scholars fear the Trump-Biden race could go terribly wrong

With six months to go until November’s 2020 election, dozens of America’s top legal minds convened to consider what would have been unthinkable before Donald Trump’s presidency. They gathered to brainstorm what could be done to prevent the country from descending into a “civil war-like scenario,” as one participant put it, if Trump and Joe Biden both claim that they won the presidency—and won’t back down.
    If Biden wins but it's close, he'll eventually back down in this scenario. Establishment Democrats: bought & paid for, and paid to lose. Just like Gore, Kerry & Hillary did (meaning they didn't keep fighting).

Biden needs a clear cut win for Trump to just go away. He will employ Barr (this is why Barr was installed) & the Supreme Court to keep him in office if there's not enough daylight between his & Biden's vote counts in whatever states end up in dispute.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 05-10-2020 at 02:20 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

is this the ultimate 'said the quiet part out loud' so far?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Thanks a pant load, Bernie Sanders:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ment-fails.amp