The Dark In Me
    My Safe & Lonesome Obsession
    Lost
    We're The Unforgiven

Now we have the new live song "Love Hurt Bleed," plus:

Where I Can Never Be
    Scream

^ Those two confirmed here:

Gary Numan’s new album Splinter will be released worldwide on Monday 14th October, to be followed by a UK Tour in November. We’ll have more details soon, but it ranges from the wall-of-electronic noise that is ‘I Am Dust’ to slower velocity anthems such as ‘Where I Can Never Be’ and the orchestral strings of ‘Scream’. The album features guitarist Robin Finck (Nine Inch Nails, Guns N Roses) and is produced by long-standing collaborator Ade Fenton.

Any others we've heard of by chance? Maybe another new one on the VIP promo CD forthcoming at the VIP gigs?
    Last edited by Ryan; 06-14-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    So, if you had to choose one of Big Noise Transmission or Machine Music Live, which would it be?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    So, if you had to choose one of Big Noise Transmission or Machine Music Live, which would it be?
    IF I had to choose… I would say Machine Music Live. Believe me when I say that I love Gary's new stuff but I think it's just because I haven't heard Warriors, Love Needs (No Disguise), Call Out The Dogs and Healing live in that way before (in the same set). They are both good live albums though!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Finally got around to listening to the Big Noise Transmission EP. Everything Comes Down To This is amazing, really hope it will be on Splinter. I'm constantly amazed with how gifted Gary is with bringing a whole song together with a cool-as-fuck chorus.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Another example of why Gary is awesome -

http://www.numan.co.uk

Tweets

3h Gary Numan Official @numanofficial
    This is our cat Mogwai. Gemma wants another but one angry cat rapist is enough I say (Mogwai has sex issues). GN pic.twitter.com/pODSk2mHMr

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    P.S. - Does anyone have Machine Music Live? I wanted to get it but only a physical copy is available; no digital download, and I can't be arsed ripping all the songs from YouTube.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    P.S. - Does anyone have Machine Music Live? I wanted to get it but only a physical copy is available; no digital download, and I can't be arsed ripping all the songs from YouTube.
    I have it but sadly I have no idea how to rip songs, set them up as downloads and share them… I just never picked up on that skill. Hopefully someone else who knows what they're doing can help you out. I really wish I could help you out.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Gary Numan

I've done it once for AATCHB and it was a laborious process. No doubt there's a great tool somewhere I'm missing. (Audio that is)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Just put the CDs in and let Windows Media Player rip them to mp3.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Gary Numan

In AATCHB's case I wanted the audio for tracks not on the cd (complication, reptile etc.). In your case yeah someone with the cd could rip it for you.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Just put the CDs in and let Windows Media Player rip them to mp3.
    Hey Ryan, I'll see what I can do for you. I have a Macbook but I know my desktop is a Windows based machine so I'll see in the next few days if I can get to doing that for you. I'm no expert at it but we'll see.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Thank you. :-)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Gary Numan Official @numanofficial 3 versions of the album cover are now complete & I have to choose 'the one' this evening. Surprisingly anxious about it for some reason. GN

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I guess upon hearing the album he would choose what resonates the best or makes the most sense but it'd be cool if he put out all three and let his fans choose what they wanted to represent the album or just did what NIN are doing with Hesitation Marks and have variant covers for digital, CD and Vinyl.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Not a good time for Gary at the moment -

Tweets

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Listening to Machine Music Live now (thanks REPLICA!). In other news, I noticed the online store has Decoder up now in the store the other day, and have it as "Decoder (Live In Australia)" as well as Big Noise Transmission, with the songs listed with the parenthesized "(BNT Live)". I fixed my tags accordingly and bought both online.

Also, the audio-only version of Decoder includes the early version of "The Fall," which I ripped from the Moshcam site and stuck it into my playlist, though it sounded a bit out of place. This fixes that, so PM me if you want the proper audio of The Fall. It's good to have it as this was the earlier, pre-single version that sounds significantly different to the final product.
    Last edited by Ryan; 07-27-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Listening to Machine Music Live now (thanks REPLICA!).
    Nice! I'm glad it worked!

I haven't been on Twitter in a long while and I'm sad to hear all the things happening to Gemma… I remember seeing her in 2006 during the Jagged US Tour and she was very happy about being along for the ride. I hope everything gets better for them.

On a happier note, I hope Gary and the girls enjoyed Turbo. The little girls look (almost) grown up now, it's hard to believe that just a few years ago we were seeing the baby pictures of Raven and Persia. Gary is a class act gentleman and I hope everything gets better for him soon.

(random memory) I thought it was pretty neat that when I asked him to sign my AFE 7" single, he actually took it out of the sleeve to make sure it was an original pressing. He was also shorter than I had expected since I had remembered seeing him on stage like a tall (somewhat) god-like figure. He also signed my America 12' single and shook my hand. It was the greatest night ever!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Wow...

Tweets

They asked Gem 'What pain level, from 0 to 10, would you like to achieve?' Let's go for 0 shall we? Unbelievable. GN pic.twitter.com/Qa63dCyQlU

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Wow...

Tweets

They asked Gem 'What pain level, from 0 to 10, would you like to achieve?' Let's go for 0 shall we? Unbelievable. GN pic.twitter.com/Qa63dCyQlU

Yeah, even with health care reform, our system is still messed up. It's weird, I haven't seen one of those charts in a hospital in a couple years. I've been going to a federally ran hospital (that's on our Reservation) and I think most departments have done away with that signage. Still it's a messed up question to ask someone's wife let alone any person who is seeking health care.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I saw a chart that was somewhat similiar during of my doctor visits for my lower back...
    And it is just proof showing how much of a joke our health care system is wrapped in a nice shitty little cartoon drawing.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    http://www.stereogum.com/1419631/qa-...sis/interview/

Interview + the official premiere of "I Am Dust"

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Wait... what's he talking about 7 years from the last album, wasn't that Dead Son Rising JUST released in last quarter of 2011?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Wait... what's he talking about 7 years from the last album, wasn't that Dead Son Rising JUST released in last quarter of 2011?
    Somewhere in 2011 he said that DSR was a side project of old tracks and mixes. It wasn't intended to be the follow up to Jagged.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by REPLICA View Post
    Somewhere in 2011 he said that DSR was a side project of old tracks and mixes. It wasn't intended to be the follow up to Jagged.
    Ah, gotcha!

Thanks for clarifying, i knew that it was some old material on there reworked and what not but it felt pretty relevant and proper enough to me to be a follow up but of course I'm not Gary Numan :P

Good to know that is what he means though, def was confused about that.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Ah, gotcha!

Thanks for clarifying, i knew that it was some old material on there reworked and what not but it felt pretty relevant and proper enough to me to be a follow up but of course I'm not Gary Numan :P

Good to know that is what he means though, def was confused about that.
    It's all good, I sometimes consider it to be a proper (dare I say) follow up even though he didn't mean it to be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That chorus reminds me so much of old-school Numan....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I Am Dust sounds incredible. Is that the cover for Splinter perhaps on the track too?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Splinter (Songs From A Broken Mind)... awesome title!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Splinter (Songs From A Broken Mind) Tracklist:
    01. I Am Dust
    02. Here In The Black
    03. Everything Comes Down To This
    04. The Calling
    05. Splinter
    06. Lost
    07. Love Hurt Bleed
    08. A Shadow Falls On Me
    09. Where I Can Never Be
    10. We’re The Unforgiven
    11. Who Are You
    12. My Last Day

All those other track titles, wonder if they'll be b-sides? We have the exclusive promo CD given to VIP package people for the US Splinter tour so one is bound to be on that.

(The Dark In Me, My Safe & Lonesome Obsession, Scream)
    Last edited by Ryan; 07-30-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Splinter (Songs From A Broken Mind) Tracklist:
    01. I Am Dust
    02. Here In The Black
    03. Everything Comes Down To This
    04. The Calling
    05. Splinter
    06. Lost
    07. Love Hurt Bleed
    08. A Shadow Falls On Me
    09. Where I Can Never Be
    10. We’re The Unforgiven
    11. Who Are You
    12. My Last Day

All those other track titles, wonder if they'll be b-sides? We have the exclusive promo CD given to VIP package people for the US Splinter tour so one is bound to be on that.

(The Dark In Me, My Safe & Lonesome Obsession, Scream)

http://www.numan.co.uk/splinter/