Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary Numan

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Awesome videos. I hope he returns to the states with a Florida date.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    @Ryan that is so awesome he wrote those lyrics out for you. And your Exile vinyl looks lush. So pumped for you! So did you manage to fire any of those questions his way? When can we expect the remastered Sacrifice 12-disc 'legacy version'?
    Last edited by Trains; 06-01-2014 at 01:23 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Plenty more videos coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    @Ryan that is so awesome he wrote those lyrics out for you. And your Exile vinyl looks lush. So pumped for you! So did you manage to fire any of those questions his way? When can we expect the remastered Sacrifice 12-disc 'legacy version'?
    Sacrifice remaster still in the works.

Confirmed Scream was the working title for Where I Can Never Be. Couldn't remember My Safe & Lonesome Obsession, lol.

He omitted those additional The Calling lyrics because they were too similar to Scanner.

I also got him to record a shout out video to ETS. I think we fucked it up though and I ended up doing most of the talking for him LOL.

Will upload it later.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I tried to capture the emotion of Lost as best I could -

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    The lost video is giving me a private notice.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I think I had it on Private accidentally. Fixed it now.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    The last lot:

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I tried to capture the emotion of Lost as best I could -

Lol you Aussies just have trouble controlling yourselves during quiet , intimate songs. Love your vids.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    New official remix of I Am Dust:

https://soundcloud.com/garynumanoffi...henewno2-remix

Gary is also in the process of filming a new video for I Am Dust.

From twitter:

Day 1 of the I Am Dust video shoot was fantastic. More tomorrow. GN

>

Day 2 of the I Am Dust shoot was even better! Thanx so much to Chris Corner & Janine @iamx for the great ideas. That was a lot of fun. GN

>

Over the last two days I had about a ton of flour fan-blown into my face. Today I can't see for shit, it's like a blurry, watery fog. GN

>

Still got green gunk coming out of my eyes, not very attractive. One more bit of filming tonight & the vid should be ready for editing. GN

>

Midnight. Falling backwards, fully clothed, into a swimming pool. Look like a drowned rat probably. Waters warm though so can't grumble. GN

>

Big thanks once again to Chris Corner and Janine @IAMX for another fantastic video shoot. Done things I've never done before on this one. GN

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Holy shit. I dig it. Is there going to a be single released ?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'm not sure. Maybe a remix record?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    The single is out now.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    http://drownedinsound.com/news/41479...i-am-dust-demo

The demo here is the same as on the deluxe edition CD 2 of Splinter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    An open plea to knowledgable Numan fans on ets:

I am just starting my journey into the world of Gary Numan. Was pleasantly surprised to witness him perform on stage with NIN in 2009 at the London o2 but wasn't aware of his recent material until recently.
    After checking out Splinter and really enjoying it I decided to go see Numan when he next toured near me. He played the Waterfront in Norwich last week (tiny tiny venue). I was there and he blew me away. I loved seeing the new songs live and was seriously impressed by how beefed up the older material is!

Now, I've been checking the usual sources (spotify, torrents, YouTube, etc) but Numan's discography is so massive and complex, it's a little overwhelming. I'm specifically looking for any good quality live bootlegs from this tour. Really want live versions of I Am Dust, Love Hurt Bleed and The Fall on my iPod! Can't seem to find any source for live Numan online.. Is there a RITC Numan fans?

Also, the version of A Prayer For The Unborn Gary is playing at the moment is beautiful. Is there a studio version of this version of the song or can somebody point me in the direction of a decent live version of it?

Help me echoingthesound, you're my only hope.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Thenewno2 remix is forever to be played during my smoke sessions.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Tuffen View Post

I am just starting my journey into the world of Gary Numan. Was pleasantly surprised to witness him perform on stage with NIN in 2009 at the London o2 but wasn't aware of his recent material until recently.
    After checking out Splinter and really enjoying it I decided to go see Numan when he next toured near me. He played the Waterfront in Norwich last week (tiny tiny venue). I was there and he blew me away. I loved seeing the new songs live and was seriously impressed by how beefed up the older material is!

Now, I've been checking the usual sources (spotify, torrents, YouTube, etc) but Numan's discography is so massive and complex, it's a little overwhelming. I'm specifically looking for any good quality live bootlegs from this tour. Really want live versions of I Am Dust, Love Hurt Bleed and The Fall on my iPod! Can't seem to find any source for live Numan online.. Is there a RITC Numan fans?

Also, the version of A Prayer For The Unborn Gary is playing at the moment is beautiful. Is there a studio version of this version of the song or can somebody point me in the direction of a decent live version of it?

Good resource for live stuff: http://www.shenmue-uk.com/Gary_Numan_Unauthorised.html

The version of A Prayer For The Unborn is the "Grayed Up Remix" - 8 minutes long and found on CD 2 of Exposure.

A shorter, edited version is also found on Hybrid.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Jun2014 30

‘I Am Dust’ EP Available Now

‘I Am Dust’, the lead track from Gary Numan’s Top 20 album, Splinter (Songs From A Broken Mind), has been released as a special digital EP
    that includes the album version of the track, the original demo and remixes by thenewno2 and Roman Remains.
    The EP is available now:
    iTunes (North America):http://bit.ly/SQVdku
    Amazon.com: http://amzn.to/T4T05n
    iTunes UK: http://bit.ly/1qCLkTq
    Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1xQJLWW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Tuffen View Post

I actually had tickets for this show, but the fucking trains were cancelled at the last minute and I was over the limit by then. So had to skip that one, I was fuming at the time. The setlist looked good, I missed out big time but thank God I didn't buy the VIP package in the end. Bloody trains....

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Why is your username Trains?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I thought that was poignant

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hah, the irony was not lost on me. I might change my username to 'are crap'...

The whole thing was so frustrating! I called up the venue who told me they had my tickets in their hands, but they couldn't give me a refund, nor could the train providers do anything either. At least the money went to Gary, I suppose. He can put it towards a slap-up dinner (or the next album...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good resource for live stuff: http://www.shenmue-uk.com/Gary_Numan_Unauthorised.html

The version of A Prayer For The Unborn is the "Grayed Up Remix" - 8 minutes long and found on CD 2 of Exposure.

A shorter, edited version is also found on Hybrid.

Thanks for the response, was able to track down that version of the song I was after but I was kinda hoping to kind a live resource that is free.. That site you linked me to appears to be all trade? Thanks anyway though!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Some stills from the upcoming I Am Dust video:

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    He looks like he's about to sneeze in that second one.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    He looks like he's about to sneeze in that second one.
    or make muffins. ;p

seriously, though, those look pretty cool.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I am dust video. Quite good, IMHO

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    That was literally the highlight of my terrible night.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    That was quite epic.