Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    I ate the Little Ceaser Batman Calzony TWICE.

I'm Batman.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Trailer for the HBO adaptation of DMZ. Looks like they're not following the storyline of the comic at all, which is an odd choice.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Woof. More delays:

Aquaman 2 - March 17, 2023
    The Flash - June 23, 2023

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Since they're using this movie to reset the snyderverse anyways I think they could figure something out. The easy solution is to leave the movie as is and film some new stuff at the end that replaces the flash with a new actor. More difficult but also an option would be to film some new stuff for the beginning of the movie of a new flash coming into the old universe/mixed universe and just completely redo anything that had Miller in it.

Another option, since the film doesn't come out until 2023, is to do nothing at all and have the guy go to rehab/jail/therapy and whatever else people need to be ok watching this thing. Most people don't care that much I think but he'll need to be replaced moving forward because you can't build a franchise around a guy you can't count on.

Personally, I wish society would realize that 1,000s of people work hard on these films and that they shouldn't be "canceled" because one cast member fucks up. If they were casting today? Sure, get rid of him. But the movie is already in the can. Seperate the art from artist and move on.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Leaked pic of Keaton from the Flash movie next year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not entirely sure if this is legit (it's only a rumor for now; the real suit probably won't be confirmed until just before it's time to show it in a proper trailer). It literally looks like they're trying to copy Christian Bale's suit while keeping Michael Keaton's cowl and chest plate and giving him a new utility belt. I kinda thought it actually was Bale's but I needed to double-check to make sure if it was identical or not; it's not quite identical (differences are clearer if you look closely at both) but similar enough to make it seem like they're trying to give Keaton's Batman a more "badass" update.

It also seems to contradict some set photos uploaded in February, though one set is conveniently of a double and the other is too distant to make out the details of the suit.
    Last edited by Patrick_Nicholas; 04-15-2022 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I mean, it could also just be a variation on the Old Man Batman suit that he used in Kingdom Come.
    Additionally, after years of physical abuse brought on by the physical demands of crime-fighting Bruce had to resort to having an exo-skeleton surgically joined to his body to maintain his physical movement and agility.
    also, because I was wondering:
    The Flash was set for release on March 23, 2018, with Ezra Miller set to star in the film as Barry Allen / The Flash.
    five full years have passed since this was supposed to be released. what the hell.
    Last edited by allegate; 04-15-2022 at 04:13 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Getting the feeling Hawaii ain’t the place for them maybe?

Last edited by october_midnight; 06-08-2022 at 03:12 PM.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Getting the feeling Hawaii ain’t the place for him maybe?
    What the hell? I don't give a shit about the Flash as a character. Don't really care which actor is playing him either. But goddam dude stay out of jail long enough for the rest of us to see Keaton as Batman one more time.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    As Kevin Smith (Or Marc) said on a recent Fatman: You have a Flash already, one you have spent years on and who has a much better public persona than the one you're currently trying to force on us.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Wait so...ok, let me get this straight.

MICHAEL FUCKING KEATON is returning as Batman.

But it's not for a sequel to Batman Returns.
    And it doesn't involve Tim Burton.

Rather, it's for a spinoff movie based on a TV show from the fucking...CW...am I understanding this correctly?

I give up. I wound up switching timelines at some point...probably around 2015.

Edit:
    You guys want him OUT of jail, the kid? I hope he does something REALLY fucked up.

THEN, maybe DC will think a LITTLE bit harder about what they could do with Michael Keaton returning as Batman.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-19-2022 at 07:27 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

Rather, it's for a spinoff movie based on a TV show from the fucking...CW...am I understanding this correctly?

Edit:
    You guys want him OUT of jail, the kid? I hope he does something REALLY fucked up.

THEN, maybe DC will think a LITTLE bit harder about what they could do with Michael Keaton returning as Batman.
    Not quite. Ezra Miller has already played Barry Allen/The Flash in both version of Justice League, with cameos in Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad. It has nothing to do with the tv show.

I've never watched the show so Miller is the only Flash I know and I do like them ( Miller's pronouns are they/them). I don't know what's going on with them but they are the latest celebrity seemingly throwing their lives away. As a person, I hope they can turn their live around.

My beloved Thandiwe Newton is going through stuff too and I'm worried.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

MICHAEL FUCKING KEATON is returning as Batman.

But it's not for a sequel to Batman Returns.
    And it doesn't involve Tim Burton.
    Yeah dude, and the movie is already in the can it just keeps getting postponed. There's pictures of him in the new suit and everything. Probably should have been a batman begins story instead of the flash but I'll take what we can get.

No chance Burton would ever return to Batman at this point in his career I think.

And am I the only one who thinks this all somehow changes Birdman from 2014?

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    Yeah dude, and the movie is already in the can it just keeps getting postponed. There's pictures of him in the new suit and everything. Probably should have been a batman begins story instead of the flash but I'll take what we can get.

No chance Burton would ever return to Batman at this point in his career I think.

And am I the only one who thinks this all somehow changes Birdman from 2014?
    I HOPE it ISN'T released, TBH. Is it maybe possible that they/them did something bad enough to keep this shit from happening?

I was 9 or 10 when Batman came out. It was the first genuinely GOOD superhero movie, and the coolest thing I'd ever seen in my life. THEN, they pulled the batshit crazy stunt of releasing it on VHS REALLY quickly, and we watched it every single day.
    It was Batmania. People had Batman logos shaved into their hair.
    My brother and I were both Batman for the rest of our trick or treating days.

Basically, for me, this is kind of like fucking with Back to the Future, or The Princess Bride, or Star Wars.
    This is sacred ground.

The Flash? Seriously? Fuuuuuuuuck.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-19-2022 at 10:02 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I hear you, @elevenism . I saw Keaton's Batman in theater in 1989 too and I had a lot of fun and it was awesome! Of course, I grew up watching Adam West, who is THE Batman, so while I enjoyed the movie, it had less of an impact on me. The score by Danny Elfman though... I still listen to it to this day.

Since I'm mostly a glass half full kind of gal, I'd still take a Flash movie with a side of Keaton's Batman over no Keaton's Batman at all.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    I hear you, @elevenism. I saw Keaton's Batman in theater in 1989 too and I had a lot of fun and it was awesome! Of course, I grew up watching Adam West, who is THE Batman, so while I enjoyed the movie, it had less of an impact on me. The score by Danny Elfman though... I still listen to it to this day.

Since I'm mostly a glass half full kind of gal, I'd still take a Flash movie with a side of Keaton's Batman over no Keaton's Batman at all.
    Oh yeah! 89!
    So I was 8 or 9, not 10.

And good GOD that score- plus the Prince album!

I watched Adam West"s batman, too, BTW.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Shocking I know.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Need this to leak nowwww.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Batwoman (the CW show) has been cancelled after three seasons. If the Twitter reactions are anything to go by, it's entirely because of bigotry against a show with a black/queer/female lead and not at all because of the troubled production that involved the producers' treatment of original lead actress Ruby Rose (and some crew members being severely injured as well). In fact, the article makes no mention of the behind-the-scenes drama at all.
    https://ew.com/tv/batwoman-canceled-after-3-seasons/
    Last edited by Patrick_Nicholas; 04-29-2022 at 05:17 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Nicholas View Post
    Batwoman (the CW show) has been cancelled after three seasons. If the Twitter reactions are anything to go by, it's entirely because of bigotry against a show with a black/queer/female lead and not at all because of the troubled production that involved the producers' treatment of original lead actress Ruby Rose (and some crew members being severely injured as well). In fact, the article makes no mention of the behind-the-scenes drama at all.
    Well, I'm really bummed. I liked that show a lot. And I was madly in love with Beth/Alice, who easily was the best aspect of the show.

This just sucks.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Nicholas View Post
    Show was unwatchable. I tried and tried and tried. I give all the DC CW shows a shot. It was SO BORING. Same villain over and over and over for all three seasons was the killer for me. insane to keep going to Alice as the villain after the orig. Batwoman...WHO WAS HER SISTER...left Gotham/the show. Absurd writing decision.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Holy shitttt.

Had to update for the bad ass scenery of Phoenix reading the script. Thick indeed!
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 06-08-2022 at 07:21 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah Joaquin just posted a pic of himself reading it. Script looks thicker’n a motherfucker!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I had a lot of fun with the first Joker movie, and thought about it a lot for weeks after it came out. Truly believe it doesn't need a sequel, and might have been more interesting to see what Phillips was able to come up with for an original film outside of jumping right back into this world ...

... but MONEY TALKS, BABY.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I had a lot of fun with the first Joker movie, and thought about it a lot for weeks after it came out. Truly believe it doesn't need a sequel, and might have been more interesting to see what Phillips was able to come up with for an original film outside of jumping right back into this world ...

the first wasn't all that original either though? /s

but seriously the title on the script is giving me déjà vu but I can't figure out what from.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    but seriously the title on the script is giving me déjà vu but I can't figure out what from.
    51M8KDHSKRL.jpg

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'd assume we'll learn what it alludes to but here is technically what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post

I mean, Joaquin Phoenix almost assuredly wouldn't have given it the time of day unless he knew there was more story worth telling...he strikes me as that kind of guy. And sure, Phillips hasn't done another movie since but he's only directed what like 10-11 movies in almost a quarter century. If a sequel that drops about four years after the first one is considered 'jumping right back in', then damn...the tiny two years between The Hangover II and III must've felt like the blink of an eye.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I mean, at this point it's pretty much sealed that they're gonna be shitcanned at some point, no?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Well I see two options....
    1.) "La Cage Aux Folles", which then got itself remade into "The Birdcage"
    2.)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folie_à_deux, the "madness" shared by two (I really don't want another Harley Quinn story unless, you know... it's a lot better than what we've gotten)... but could also mean Batman or an entirely another villain who wants to see things... different.