Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    I want someone in their late 20s/early 30s who has a small Wikipedia or iMDB page. You don't need a megastar to play Batman; Batman is the megastar. Find someone new and lock them up long-term if you plan on sticking with the idea of doing a big, shared thing.
    They are ditching the shared thing and focusing on just creating one movie at a time, and to make good movies. So that is a plus.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Animated Batman Beyond movie potentially coming in 2022. Obviously in response to the success of Spiderverse. If done right, could be awesome.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Animated Batman Beyond movie potentially coming in 2022. Obviously in response to the success of Spiderverse. If done right, could be awesome.
    Whilst this could be awesome, haven't they already done this in a way with LEGO Batman and the other various animated DC films (that are generally well received but don't normally get cinema runs)?

I'm all for more original looking animated adventures for superheros mind. Spider-verse was a fucking gem of a movie!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    They are ditching the shared thing and focusing on just creating one movie at a time, and to make good movies. So that is a plus.
    The next Batman movie comes out the summer following the second Wonder Woman movie in 2020, and a month or so before the second Suicide Squad movie written, and possibly directed, by James Gunn. I know that DC is making a big thing about taking a micro approach to their movies going forward, but if you think they're actually ditching a shared universe and the money it can still bring in if done correctly, then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Batfleck was the best Batman. The warehouse fight in BvS was amazing. Him in Josstice League tho... ugh.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    The next Batman movie comes out the summer following the second Wonder Woman movie in 2020, and a month or so before the second Suicide Squad movie written, and possibly directed, by James Gunn. I know that DC is making a big thing about taking a micro approach to their movies going forward, but if you think they're actually ditching a shared universe and the money it can still bring in if done correctly, then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.
    But these movies will not have to have character appearances nor have to be connected storywise like Marvel. Thats what I meant by shared thing. They will be part of the same universe, but dont expect cameos to let everyone know that 'Hey its all connected!!!!!!"

Wonder woman is set in 80's, Suicide Squad 2 is rumored to have an entire new set of characters, and The Batman is set in the past as well with a younger Bruce Wayne and it might just be its own thing.

Really the only movie that is coming out that has any connection so far to what have been released is Shazam. But the connection is not the main focus at all.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Whilst this could be awesome, haven't they already done this in a way with LEGO Batman and the other various animated DC films (that are generally well received but don't normally get cinema runs)?

I'm all for more original looking animated adventures for superheros mind. Spider-verse was a fucking gem of a movie!
    The Lego movies are kids movies played for laughs fully throughout (though still great). If this is in the idea of what Spiderverse was going for, it will look and feel very different than those.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Or, as has been posited in a few different places: Make it live action, bring back Keaton, and have some young buck be Terry McGinnis.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Or, as has been posited in a few different places: Make it live action, bring back Keaton, and have some young buck be Terry McGinnis.
    Oh shit. That'd be cool as hell! Never read that.

Animated and live action are separate and would not impede each other I'm sure.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    ...can someone pass this onto DC/WB please?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The most recent place I heard it was on a Kevin Smith podcast and I'm sure he knows someone who knows someone.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
    Batfleck was the best Batman. The warehouse fight in BvS was amazing. Him in Josstice League tho... ugh.
    I actually didn't mind Affleck as Batman. With him and competent director and strong script, you could have a great Batman movie. But I say have the movie company fund Nolan's next 5 movies if he comes back and continues his Batman movies with another trilogy. Follow Gordon-Levitt as he takes over the role Batman leaves behind, but have Bruce be a background character kinda like Lucius Fox. He left the life behind until he gets sucked back into resurrecting Batman in the final movie to face the major villain.
    Last edited by neorev; 02-04-2019 at 09:51 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    It's unbelievable how much potential is lost now that Affleck is gone. One the most badass Batman incarnations left with two (well three) underwhelming movies... The Batman could have been the saving grace for his (and the stuntmen's) quite impressive portrayal.

My only true wish right now is that they step away from the asthetics established with either Gotham or Suicide Squad for this new Batman movie and make this one entirely it's own. Out of every actor proposed as of right now, I would go with Armie Hammer if they beef him up a little bit.

Sadly the small ears will be gone I guess... that's something I really loved about Snyder's version. The Dark Knight design is perfect for gritty action scenes.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    The most recent place I heard it was on a Kevin Smith podcast and I'm sure he knows someone who knows someone.
    It’s just fanboy wishlist really.

Smith doesn’t really know anyone. His podcast had him say that he met someone who worked on justice league and he went and told his whole story of false information. So I wouldn’t really go by what he says. I like Kevin, but sometimes he runs his mouth on stuff.

I also want Hammer in the cowl. Look wise, dude is the best best thing.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Oscar Isaac, Michael B Jordan, or someone I don't know. I want a fresh take.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    someone I don't know. I want a fresh take.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    You don't understand how 100% down for this I would actually be.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Oscar Isaac, Michael B Jordan, or someone I don't know. I want a fresh take.
    While I really like Oscar Isaac, I don't know that he'd be right for Batman/Bruce, but I'm open to it. As for Michael B. Jordan, I am against that. If they ever make a Shadow Hawk movie (which is basically Image Comics' version of Batman), I think he'd be a great fit for that. As for Batman/Bruce Wayne, the best idea I've heard so far is Jon Hamm. Armie Hammer could also work.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    It’s just fanboy wishlist really.

Smith doesn’t really know anyone. His podcast had him say that he met someone who worked on justice league and he went and told his whole story of false information. So I wouldn’t really go by what he says. I like Kevin, but sometimes he runs his mouth on stuff.

I also want Hammer in the cowl. Look wise, dude is the best best thing.
    Firstly: Yeah, of course it's fanboy wishlist.

False information? Why do you think that? To say he doesn't know anyone is odd.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Isaac? I can get behind that and as Tom Hardy has proven height is not a problem in Hollywood. He could be a cool Bruce Wayne, but Batman? Could work.

Let's see where this goes. I suppose a casting call is released rather soon given the release date and all the pre-production work.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Worlds of DC Thread

Firstly: Yeah, of course it's fanboy wishlist.

False information? Why do you think that? To say he doesn't know anyone is odd.
    Justice League was never to be three movies.

Green lantern was never supposed to be there minus the early Lantern seen in the flashback of the war against steppenwolf. Maybe he might have come to part two.

With the release of behind the scenes stuff and leaked scenes, plus the shirt Zack Snyder released for charity depicting the plot to JL2, Batman prevents the destruction of earth by sacrificing himself to save lois from darkseid ( since she was the key). Which would also explain that batfleck was never to be part of this universe long term.

Also storyboards were not drawn by Jim Lee, they were drawn by Zack Snyder himself and Jay Olivia.

So I don’t know why this person would tell all this false info to Kevin.

Also, the scene with Alfred and Superman that is on the deleted scene was always supposed to be Superman.

Now, I also could be wrong, but the info out there that’s known just doesn’t fit to what that person said to Kevin.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Green lantern was never supposed to be there minus the early Lantern seen in the flashback of the war against steppenwolf.
    Maybe the second film, but either way before Snyder “left” and before all the reshoots Cavil spoke about Green Lantern specifically, on his Instagram. It was during training/filming that he wrote something to the affect of “needing to be stronger than the Green Lantern” and he wasn’t referring to the one who died at he beginning of the film. I think there were some interesting ideas out there initially and I was hoping that John Stewart would join the team.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    We will never know until someone breaks nda’s

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Smith doesn’t really know anyone.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Yea, cause smith knows everything. He hosted a show with the then director of those movies. What does that have to prove? He doesnt have a relationship with him like he does JJ Abrams.
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 02-06-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Yea, cause smith knows everything. He hosted a show with the then director of those movies. What does that have to prove? He doesnt have a relationship with him like he does JJ Abrams.
    I'm not going to regurgitate Kevin's history with WB/DC, but it is extensive on both the film and publishing side of things. However, I will expand on how Kevin framed this - he was visiting the set of Episode IX and ran into people who worked on JL when Snyder was still heavily involved and after he was fired, and they gave details on where everything was going. Alfred and a Green Lantern in part 1 leading to a bridge to the GL Corps movie that was previously announced, a boom tube face-off with Darkseid as Steppenwolf is beamed back at the end of part 1, the League going into space and being defeated in part 2 leading to the vision of Earth we saw in BvS and a final showdown in part 3. It sounds very similar to Final Crisis.

He also acknowledged that things change and whatnot, but that these were the original ideas and when you compare them to what we got in BvS and couple them with the film slate DC had lined up for all the key players, it does make sense. Smith never said he had a deep relationship with Snyder or anything like that, but in this industry, people talk, and Kevin likely brought this up because A) it'd make a great episode of Fatman Beyond and B) he likes to bring these things up because he knows that sometimes fan campaigns and internet chit-chat can lead to studios realizing that they have some good ideas out there and that there is interest to see those ideas come to fruition. That likely doesn't involve Snyder getting back involved, but it could lead to another filmmaker doing some of those things.

It's all fun speculation at the end of the day. Poo-pooing on things the way that you sometimes do and especially speaking with so much confidence that Kevin is spreading false information when (unless you're secretly Zack Snyder or someone else who worked on this) you truly know as much as the rest of us do, dampens the fun, hence the picture I posted of Kevin waving at you.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    What's that sound?
    "Oh, just Jason Momoa getting really excited about something and running around the office like a mad man."
    Oh, cool.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    What's that sound?
    "Oh, just Jason Momoa getting really excited about something and running around the office like a mad man."
    Oh, cool.

Not sure if it’s related, but it was just announced that he’s the latest to be cast (alongside a ton of other amazing people) in the Dune remake.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Not sure if it’s related, but it was just announced that he’s the latest to be cast (alongside a ton of other amazing people) in the Dune remake.
    The Dune remake is looking STAKED! And given the director i'm SUPER interested to see what it looks like!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    The Dune remake is looking STAKED! And given the director i'm SUPER interested to see what it looks like!

Also, if Salvadore Dali & Mick Jagger aren't in this, I'm not interested.