Page 25 of 81 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Watched the video of Dear World, live. That was uh interesting. Seems on par with The Lovers. I would prefer to see Dear World, than the Lovers live, but they both seem like not much is going on with them live.

I think Dear World live would go over perfectly on a future tour with Trent has more visual type things going on to accompany the track. Probably doesn't work so well on this stripped down stage setup tour.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    For those in attendance at Day 2 of ATL...how did they do The Becoming? 2009 setup with Robin's acoustic guitar that has no balls/too low in the mix & ruined the song for me?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Shame all these great setlists will most likely result in 0 soundboards and 0 pro shots of this entire tour

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Got to say, it's a good feeling when you wake up in the morning and one of the first things you do is checking the setlist from yesterday, to see what unexpected song(s) got played. Got the same vibe as with Performance 2007/Wave Goodbye tours. Well done mr. Reznor.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Shame all these great setlists will most likely result in 0 soundboards and 0 pro shots of this entire tour
    not going to argue with you here as it didn’t get me anywhere last time. If you assume disappointment it will be a very pleasant surprise if something does get released?

those tour posters for the Atlanta shows are amazing

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    For those in attendance at Day 2 of ATL...how did they do The Becoming? 2009 setup with Robin's acoustic guitar that has no balls/too low in the mix & ruined the song for me?
    It was the 2014 version with the Still Piano from 2009 but the acoustic replaced with the actual synth. The best version.

Last edited by nooneimportant; 09-28-2018 at 02:41 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    It was the 2014 version with the Still Piano from 2009 but the acoustic replaced with the actual synth. The best version.

Omg, he sang the high notes at the "I can try to get away..." part, just without the screams, I think he has not done that since the Outside tour in 1995.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Oh man, this might be my favorite set list yet. Can't wait for Boston!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I was there last night in ATL #2. It was pretty great. Now I am Nothing - I had no idea at first what was going on. It’s like the one song I don’t know by heart. There was ao much fog around him you couldn’t see anything but his hand sticking out and a silhouette of his head behind it. Looked amazing.

During Copy of A, there was this “shadows on a. Cave wall” lighting effect that was super cool, one of my favorite parts of the concert the way the shadows twitched around with the music.

The Becoming was fantastic and a nice surprise.

Survivalism was lit. The crowd was really into it. Might have been my favorite performance and ge most fun to chant along to.

This Isnt The Place was really beautiful. Loved the lights and the mood for that.

Towards the end Trent spoke for longer than usual about how much they have been enjoying this tour, how it’s the best tour they’ve ever done. You can tell the energy they were putting out and what they were getting back. The venue was really intimate and you could see really well - all his facial expressions, you could make eye contact. It was really just great.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Couldn't find any videos of A Warm Place from this tour. Did they do it more like in 2009 (mostly live), or more like in 2013/14 (mostly just Ally on synths)?

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Couldn't find any videos of A Warm Place from this tour. Did they do it more like in 2009 (mostly live), or more like in 2013/14 (mostly just Ally on synths)?
    Just Ally & Atticus, I think. Ilan's brother Aaron posted a backstage livestream video of them playing it and the rest of the encore from Phoenix night 2.
    Last edited by botley; 09-28-2018 at 06:57 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AThousandDaysBefore View Post
    Beautiful. Thank you!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Trent is sounding great this tour. He's reaching some high notes I thought he would never attempt to reach again. Always great to see La Mer. They should really celebrate The Fragile in some of these shows.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So much variety in this tour only 2 weeks in, can you imagine what the set lists at the 6 LA shows are going to look like?!?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Did they really only duplicate 3 songs during 2 nights at ATL? Wish, HLAH, Hurt? Jeebus. Gotta figure out how to get into Dallas Night 1 now....

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Did they really only duplicate 3 songs during 2 nights at ATL? Wish, HLAH, Hurt? Jeebus. Gotta figure out how to get into Dallas Night 1 now....
    They really fucking did. I’m still soaking it in.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    It might be wishful thinking, and probably against the grain of the general crowd. But I'd love to see the original version of Closer performed live, without The Only Time breakdown.

Or, in the spirit of playing rarities and making the fan-base go nuts, bust out Closer to God instead! that'd be insane to see that live.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    not going to argue with you here as it didn’t get me anywhere last time. If you assume disappointment it will be a very pleasant surprise if something does get released?
    Of course. I know a few soundboards popped up from the 2009 tour which was great and I remember when a few soundboards from the 06 tour got leaked. It would be awesome if a 2018 rehearsal got leaked out there like the good old days when someone released 3 hours of the WT rehearsals...I miss the days of NIN soundboards leaking online....As for pro shots, I know it seems Trent has this dude onstage all the time filming, so maybe he is planning to release a video of the tour...Although as we know, he has planned on releasing concert films many times before that got buried in the vaults

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post

Very good and fun to see Ally playing the 6/8 time acoustic part but Robin why u no wailing on lead during the piano solo?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Man, I keep hoping “The Idea Of You,” “And All That Could Have Been,” and “Demon Seed” (I believe this was rehearsed in the not too distant past) show up.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    It might be wishful thinking, and probably against the grain of the general crowd. But I'd love to see the original version of Closer performed live, without The Only Time breakdown.

Or, in the spirit of playing rarities and making the fan-base go nuts, bust out Closer to God instead! that'd be insane to see that live.
    Yes to both as well as the full The Only Time as they did it on the PHM/TDS tours with the heavy guitar breakdown!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I can’t even bother making wishes at this point, these setlists are so perfect and surprising. This is the first tour I’ve been around for where I can’t complain at all.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Man, I keep hoping “The Idea Of You,” “And All That Could Have Been,” and “Demon Seed” (I believe this was rehearsed in the not too distant past) show up.
    I think it was 2009. There was a video floating around of Ilan playing it

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Didn't the story go that Ilan learned it to prove to Trent he could do it because Trent thought he couldn't? Trent watched him do it, paused and then moved on to the next song or something like that. If they can do Perfect Drug live they can definitely make Demon Seed work. Demon Seed into The Lovers would be a great atmospheric build.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    IIRC they didn't rehearse it. Ilan learned it on his own to impress Trent at the auditions, and then demonstrated it in a video interview to some Australian website prior to Soundwave '09 shows. Said video is not currently available for general public (it's was behind a paywall, when I tried to find it a couple years ago)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    I can’t even bother making wishes at this point, these setlists are so perfect and surprising. This is the first tour I’ve been around for where I can’t complain at all.
    I feel the same way...I was at the show last night in ATL and there were a few things I was hoping to hear that I didn't, but I would feel stupid complaining after the performance they put out there. My main "complaint" (if you can call it that, I still went to every show I could and enjoyed every one) over the past years has been that there was a little less edge and aggressiveness to the music than I would like...a little less anger and raw energy than back in the old days, I didn't know if that would ever make a comeback, but it did. I really wish someone would interview Trent and get a little insight in to what happened that seemed to reinvigorate the live sound.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    He sounds so fucking good!

Goosebumps

They could have ended the show right there and called it a night and I would have been happy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Stupid phone! I had some okay videos but the audio is filled with static. If I had known that'd happen I would have moved to the back to record

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    One of my favorite things is there will be little chance of knowing what song is coming next In the set (with the exception of maybe the bad witch tracks grouped together). In the past, things could be somewhat predictable from that standpoint.