Page 26 of 81 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    One of my favorite things is there will be little chance of knowing what song is coming next In the set (with the exception of maybe the bad witch tracks grouped together). In the past, things could be somewhat predictable from that standpoint.
    As beautiful and awe-inspiring as the visuals were on the LITS tour, I went to 2 shows and they had literally the exact same setlist (except the second show was minus God Given). Even the same Ghosts songs. I won't complain, it was still an amazing second show, but there is something to the whole "I know what to expect next" that just didn't seem right.
    This tour, the fact that you have NO idea what is next (even if you hear THTF, HLAH may not be next, hell I didn't even get THTF two of the 3 shows I've been to this year!) you don't know what the opening song will be... or the encore, or even when or where or what the "slow" part is... it's amazing.
    If all it took for setlists this varied was a piss-stained sheet and some "no fucks given" then by god throw away the big visual productions forever because I will take a decade of shows like this without hesitation.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I remember Bill Pulsipher saying in 2013 how he hated those fancy light shows and static setlists every night and wanted NIN to return to the 2009 style of no fancy stage show and a rotating set of deep cuts....

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I remember Bill Pulsipher saying in 2013 how he hated those fancy light shows and static setlists every night and wanted NIN to return to the 2009 style of no fancy stage show and a rotating set of deep cuts....
    Hope you're not implying I hated the light shows, those were amazing performances and I am SO glad I can say I saw both legs of the LITS tour, 2013 festival tour, Tension, and NIN/Soundgarden's visual setups because those were fucking experiences.
    I'm just glad Trent is able to blow the setlists wide open.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    stop.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    So here we are, full circle. Just a different user name.

At least you can still leave when the last song starts playing.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    It’s good you figured out how to blow yourself because you still suck

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    From what I've read seen, this tour looks and sounds amazing. I much prefer the minimalistic aesthetic to the fancy effects, both because it feels rawer and more in line with the NIN I grew up loving, and also because it facilitates far greater variation in setlists.

The sets they're playing are tantalizing and filled with great material and inspired sequences. I loved that they played Broken, then teased TDS the next night by opening with Mr. Self Destruct and Piggy, then teased Fragile the next night by doing the same thing. Creative little flourishes like that across shows are what makes a tour stand out.

Don't have tickets to anything because they didn't play Philly, but am now thinking I need to somehow score a Saturday Radio City and make the trip to see one show.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I imagine these shows are much less stressful logistically for the band too which might add to Trent enjoying them more. I remember the behind the scenes of Tension where he was saying the music was pretty much sorted but the production was causing nightmares and working round the clock

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I don't know about anyone else but I'm still mad that they haven't done a live version of Juno.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    I don't know about anyone else but I'm still mad that they haven't done a live version of Juno.
    Or released a physical copy...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I imagine these shows are much less stressful logistically for the band too which might add to Trent enjoying them more. I remember the behind the scenes of Tension where he was saying the music was pretty much sorted but the production was causing nightmares and working round the clock
    The flip side is probably more stress on the band members trying to learn a bunch of songs they’ll only play a handful of times through this tour.

Re: Tension, I thought they ditched a lot of the production late, only to add the back up singers and a bunch more HM songs.

This is is a great tour, no doubt. A lot better than 2009 IMHO. I still Love he high production stuff though, and the average fan entering a show probably doesn’t know or care what they played the show prior or what they’re going to play the next show.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    We watched them put the sign together!

Crossposting from Nashville thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Did I miss that sign in ATL?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If they play The Downward Spiral in it's entirety during this tour it will sound so much better than it did during 2009...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Did I miss that sign in ATL?
    I did not see it either but I don't think they could have set it up outside due to rain and/or space nor inside due to space. But I am willing to be wrong. :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznorection View Post
    From what I've read seen, this tour looks and sounds amazing. I much prefer the minimalistic aesthetic to the fancy effects, both because it feels rawer and more in line with the NIN I grew up loving, and also because it facilitates far greater variation in setlists.

The sets they're playing are tantalizing and filled with great material and inspired sequences. I loved that they played Broken, then teased TDS the next night by opening with Mr. Self Destruct and Piggy, then teased Fragile the next night by doing the same thing. Creative little flourishes like that across shows are what makes a tour stand out.

Don't have tickets to anything because they didn't play Philly, but am now thinking I need to somehow score a Saturday Radio City and make the trip to see one show.
    Theres still plenty of affordable tickets to the D.C. shows. Distance wise it isn't that much different but the tickets are more available and GA

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    If setlist.fm is accurate, looks like tonight's show had another great set. Sanctified, Dear World, coming back, TPD, Physical. Short encore, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's more the timing. If the Washington shows were on a weekend, I'd go to those. But Philly > DC on a weeknight is impossible unless you take off work due to traffic, then you get back too late to reasonably go to work the next day. I have pretty minimal days off, so I'm eyeing that Saturday Radio City as being the only feasible option time-wise.

Definitely would prefer the Washington shows in terms of location, pricing and venue, though. I find NYC a drain in almost all respects.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can't help from feeling screwed over for the Memphis setlist. Our only older rare songs in Memphis were covers of Metal and Parasite and I'm afraid of Americans . Looking at flights to Detriot and seems I could go for 160 round trip and my brother in law lives in Toledo so I could stay there but would still need to rent a car.....hmmmmm trying to talk the wife into going and just chilling in Toledo while I go to the shows but I don't know if I want to do Detriot solo although the 23rd is my birthday.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 09-30-2018 at 12:08 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Repost from the Nashville thread:

This guy has never heard of echoing the sound

Beautiful show. Reznor pointed out the moon to us.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Surely, SURELY we will get pro shots of at least some of this.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Watching this tour play out and looking at Instagram and YouTube footage, reading people’s reactions to it has become my antidote to the shitshow that is Brexit and the way the world is going!
    I’ve just watched a video of This Isn’t the Place about 5 times!

Last edited by WorzelG; 09-30-2018 at 03:39 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    It won’t be me, obviously. Crappy phone camera. I wanted a shot of Trent playing sax, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Time to use the 10 days off to rehearse more Fragile songs in preparation for the next leg.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    The couple next me last night, the guy was photographing the show. He said he knows nin’s new art director (Dave somebody). Hopefully they’ll release some photos in the next few days.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Hey so, I saw someone in some type of "suck my entire cock" shirt at Denver, night 2. I just remembered after seeing your pic, @sweeterthan .

So was that one of you guys?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    The couple next me last night, the guy was photographing the show. He said he knows nin’s new art director (Dave somebody). Hopefully they’ll release some photos in the next few days.
    There was a guy with a rig in Memphis on stage recording Metal and a few other songs. They could be for promos, or something more. Dunno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This must be played some night :

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I'm all for an all-80's Eyes Without a Face, Get Down Make Love, Gotta Look Sharp, Purest Feeling, Maybe Just Once and PHM start to finish setlist. Get some of the Exotic Birds back together, then close out the night with this forgotten beauty:

Go all-in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a stupid question... didn't know where else to post it... so... for this tour, CABAI, will there be more dates in 2019 for the US? Or are the dates listed for the rest of 2018 it for NA? I saw them the second night at the Fox in ATL and have been kicking myself for not going both nights. I have seen NIN countless times but it has been a while and I forgot how fucking awesome he is live. I got chills when they did 'Now I'm Nothing'... first time for me live.

And now it's like I need another fix. I'm trying to figure out how to see them again without it costing a small fortune. New Orleans is looking like the best bet but even that might be a stretch.

I find it kind of odd that he didn't play any dates in Cleveland and/or Pittsburgh since he is from that area of the country (as am I).

Thanks for any info anyone can give.