Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The official youtube channel has upped the first two episodes

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    I'm thinking of watching these first four episodes a THIRD time, having already watched them twice. I can't say I've ever done this.

I wish we had more filmmakers like Lynch, who are willing to kind of not worry about convention and just go with THEIR vision. There is an honesty to it that really shines through.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The cow jumped over the moon shouldn't be horrifying but, fuck, now it is! Thanks, David Lynch!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Holy fuck his features in the mirror.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The entire cast has been outstanding.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I watched the 4th episode tonight. I guess I'm going to be a week behind everyone else, since I didn't binge watch all at once.

About lost my shit when Denise walked onscreen. Naomi Watts, Michael Cera and Robert Forester were all entertaining, as well. Chrysta Bell... I could watch her all day. I'm sure that's the point..

That scene when Dark Cooper is talking to Gordon Cole after 25 years was bone-chilling af. McLachlan has been killing it with these multiple roles/personas. My only gripe so far is that most of the returning characters who have shown up have been limited to a single scene. Ben and Jerry Horne, Shelli, James...I'm hoping this isn't a reoccurring trend as this whole thing slowly unspools and all 200+ characters show up. Hopefully it all pulls together into the center of gravity at the town of Twin Peaks, and all of the major characters will come together and start intersecting with one another.

I know a few people have not been on board with the different musical acts playing at the bar to signal the end of each episode, but I've been fine with that and think it's a nice touch. All of the music has been top notch and befitting of the series so far. I'm glad Lynch is making this its own thing in the modern era, and not some hackneyed attempt to catch lightning in a bottle twice..

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I think this might have needed a shorter episode order...

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Lynch has stressed that they're not so much episodes as parts. The whole thing was basically shot as an 18-hour movie; I'm expecting a few episodes to consist of setup here and there.

I know some folks out there are already burnt out on Cooper's current brain-dead status, though he does seem to be slowly rebooting. I'll bet anything he's only going to snap out of it once he has a cherry pie. It'll be the trigger.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The "Coop remembers" bits were beautiful last night. I'm enjoying the stories that the non-narrative elements are telling a lot. The green flashes of light and the cuts between scenes....Argentina then a whole scene around that particular statue?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    godammit! someone just pointed out Sonny Jim blinks backwards and now I have to watch the entire episode again.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Did we meet Audrey's son?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Has it been explained or implied yet how Cooper was able to leave the Black Lodge after the past 25 years, and why he's virtually brain-dead now that he's back in reality?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    why he's virtually brain-dead now that he's back in reality?
    It's all speculation but I've taken it as simply being that Spoiler: because he ended up in the wrong place of a man who was a fabricated creation now destined to non-existence, he's been unable to fully exist again -- Dougie was never a complete and full human being like Special Agent Dale Cooper, but rather a construct that allowed Doppelcoop to avoid getting sent back to the Black Lodge, so Cooper isn't in the "correct" space now. He was supposed to replace Doppelcoop who, 25 years previously, had replaced Realcoop, but instead Realcoop has replaced Fakecoop.

@elevenism judging my the credits I'm pretty sure we did, or maybe it's her younger brother? Either way, what a fucking creep. He's like Twin Peaks' equivalent to Frank Booth.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I legit thought that dude was Macaulay Culkin for a second.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    AC = Alternate Cooper.
    DC = Dale Cooper.

:O

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I legit thought that dude was Macaulay Culkin for a second.
    oh, shelly's daughter's douchebag boyfriend? my wife and i made that joke, too. i know i've seen that actor in something else but he's not actually listed on the imdb page for episode 5 so i can't figure it out yet. amanda seyfried wasn't listed, either, which is weird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ...i know i've seen that actor in something else but he's not actually listed on the imdb page for episode 5 so i can't figure it out yet. amanda seyfried wasn't listed, either, which is weird.
    He played the skeevy brother in 'Get Out'.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvp View Post
    He played the skeevy brother in 'Get Out'.
    haven't seen it! BUT that led me to find him (caleb landry jones) on IMDB and now i know i recognize him from both X-Men: First Class and The Social Network! so thanks <3

also, that relationship is very reminiscent of laura & bobby, so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out...

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    oh, shelly's daughter's douchebag boyfriend? my wife and i made that joke, too. i know i've seen that actor in something else but he's not actually listed on the imdb page for episode 5 so i can't figure it out yet. amanda seyfried wasn't listed, either, which is weird.
    that dude was fucking hilarious as a drug victim.

i've been around a LOT of junkies in my day and haven't seen very many that looked THAT fucking rough :P

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    It's all speculation but I've taken it as simply being that Spoiler: because he ended up in the wrong place of a man who was a fabricated creation now destined to non-existence, he's been unable to fully exist again -- Dougie was never a complete and full human being like Special Agent Dale Cooper, but rather a construct that allowed Doppelcoop to avoid getting sent back to the Black Lodge, so Cooper isn't in the "correct" space now. He was supposed to replace Doppelcoop who, 25 years previously, had replaced Realcoop, but instead Realcoop has replaced Fakecoop.
    From a Lynchian standpoint, what you said here makes both perfect sense to me, and no sense at all. The plight of being a Twin Peaks fan strikes again..

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

also, that relationship is very reminiscent of laura & bobby, so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out...
    Yeah Becky getting high was almost a copy of Laura taking ecstasy

Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Has it been explained or implied yet how Cooper was able to leave the Black Lodge after the past 25 years, and why he's virtually brain-dead now that he's back in reality?
    I have a theory for the second part: we now have good/bad Coop in the real world; effectively both are a split personality of the main one. But there's only enough "energy" for one. Every time good Coop perks up we notice bad Coop weakening (I noticed this a lot in ep 5). Also worth bearing in mind that we're not seeing a linear time, so anything we think we know we probably don't know. Lynch!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex of scotland View Post
    godammit! someone just pointed out Sonny Jim blinks backwards and now I have to watch the entire episode again.
    I rewatched it when I read that and I don't see it. GoodCoop crying though. <3

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I enjoyed the 5th episode a lot; almost lost my shit with Jocoby's "Golden Shovel ad"..

BTW, here's the theory about the Argentina scene:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7772821.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Yeah Becky getting high was almost a copy of Laura taking ecstasy

I have a theory for the second part: we now have good/bad Coop in the real world; effectively both are a split personality of the main one. But there's only enough "energy" for one. Every time good Coop perks up we notice bad Coop weakening (I noticed this a lot in ep 5). Also worth bearing in mind that we're not seeing a linear time, so anything we think we know we probably don't know. Lynch!

I rewatched it when I read that and I don't see it. GoodCoop crying though. <3

Hmmm, I can't be sure, but it looked a bit weird.....I don't trust that Sonny Jim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah. Spoiler: He also was ejected by the arm's doppelganger, resulting in him plummeting into an abyss with "NONEXISTANT" being the last words he heard, and then sucked through a power outlet back into earth after spending some time on a space stations with a blind and mute woman, implying his transition was less than smooth.. so there's that.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    IMO Sunny Jim is Spoiler: The Giant. Remember how Coop put his hand to his stomach where he'd been shot in the original series and SJ gave a thumbs up? Wouldn't be surprised if he was there to look out for him in his addled state.

Also I've been wondering about not-Phillip Jeffries on the phone. "I will be with Bob again." Mike and Bob used to kill together. And we've seen that The Arm has a doppelganger....why not Mike too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any thoughts on Blue Rose at the end of episode four? I know what Blue Rose means but I'm trying to figure out if Rosenfield and Cole know that that's not the real Cooper and just his doppelgänger? I mean, why else would Albert say Blue Rose?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InvitingmeAway View Post
    Any thoughts on Blue Rose at the end of episode four? I know what Blue Rose means but I'm trying to figure out if Rosenfield and Cole know that that's not the real Cooper and just his doppelgänger? I mean, why else would Albert say Blue Rose?
    I don't think they necessarily know that he's a doppelganger, it's just very clear that something is not right and they don't know what. Isn't that essentially what blue rose means? Something that is off and inexplicable/supernatural?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I don't think they necessarily know that he's a doppelganger, it's just very clear that something is not right and they don't know what. Isn't that essentially what blue rose means? Something that is off and inexplicable/supernatural?
    Basically that's what Blue Rose means. Also, I believe Gordon's team handles all Blue Rose cases.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I don't know about anyone else but I think it's cool Lynch cast the kid from Looper as Dougie's son. He gave probably the most unsettling kid performance in a movie this side of Haley Joel Osment.

I'm calling the evil Cooper Waingro because the scene in the motel room reminded me of how creepy Kevin Gage was in Heat.

Speaking of which, very cool to see Tom Sizemore in something with this kind of prestige again. He's in so many movies from the 90's I love to this day, it was a bit of a shame he had the downfall he did. Here's hoping this gets him in the door a bit more again.

I did a lot of "ooh, that guy or gal" of people that I may have forgotten from the list posted back awhile ago. Particularly Jane Adams, Matthew Lillard and Bailey Chase. Even noticed the guy in The Dark Knight who Harvey Dent interrogates in the ambulance as one of the pit bosses.

I'm extremely new to the show. In fact I watched the last episodes of season two, Fire Walk With Me and the first two of the new season for the first time all in the same night. But seeing how much had changed in the interim was still a bit shocking even for me. Really enjoying this and endlessly curious about where it'll go.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 06-11-2017 at 08:18 AM.