Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I think Lynch wants us to "digest" Episode 8, properly...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    do the new twin peaks mean I should go back and watch the originals? kinda wanna watch but I hope I dont have to watch the originals ...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiouti View Post
    do the new twin peaks mean I should go back and watch the originals? kinda wanna watch but I hope I dont have to watch the originals ...

If you've never seen the originals you probably should.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Why would you want to watch a show but start on the third season?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    The rollout for this season has been perplexing, to say the least. Is there any logical reason why they're taking two weeks between episodes 8 and 9? It's not even the halfway point of the season. Not to mention they released the first four episodes all on the same day, only to switch to a once-a-week release after that..
    i'm assuming it's the holiday weekend, but idunno

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    You cannot watch the new series without watching the originals and then the FWWM movie, otherwise you'll have no context and what you see here will make zero sense.

Hell, it barely makes sense to some who've seen all the preceding materials.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A thread on the Dugpa forum inspired me to try to sync the opening of Part 3 with Atom Heart Mother (long-ish story), it worked well beyond my expectations. A new member uploaded a copy so others may judge for themselves. So am I nuts to find this uncanny?

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    so I saw a pretty compelling video that suggested that Annie is a lodge spirit, hence the discrepancies around her in The Secret History. Now personally, I've come to think that it will turn out that those discrepancies are the result of some sort of tampering, and I don't really BELIEVE this theory, but it's pretty fucking interesting all the same. at the same time, I think theorizing too much about the finer points of lynch's work is kind of missing the point, but still. I'm sure this is floating around the internet in multiple incarnations; just search for Annie Blackburn theory or something if you're interested

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Linked in the article above (thanks Frozen Beach), "'Twin Peaks': Meet the Man Behind David Lynch's New Nightmare":
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...htmare-1018088

- First and foremost, thank you for the nightmares this week.
    - Oh, you're welcome!

:-D Cool.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Linked in the article above (thanks Frozen Beach), "'Twin Peaks': Meet the Man Behind David Lynch's New Nightmare":
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...htmare-1018088

- First and foremost, thank you for the nightmares this week.
    - Oh, you're welcome!

:-D Cool.
    yeah, that guy seems like the sweetest, most fun guy ever. i just want to hang out with him and pretend he's abe lincoln.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Shit hahaha oh jeez

Fall Star ftw

https://samboni.bandcamp.com/album/between-two-songs
    Last edited by botley; 07-08-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I recently saw that the rating for this show are in the 200k level: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_P...017_TV_series)
    Like for episode 8 only 246,000 total people watched it. A drastic decline when you consider the old series got millions of viewers. At the same time I'm watching the show streamed and not tuning into the show through cable so that may be deceptive. I'd really like to see more since I really love the show, but with those rating is this a series that will be renewed?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZackeryH View Post
    I recently saw that the rating for this show are in the 200k level: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_P...017_TV_series)
    Like for episode 8 only 246,000 total people watched it. A drastic decline when you consider the old series got millions of viewers. At the same time I'm watching the show streamed and not tuning into the show through cable so that may be deceptive. I'd really like to see more since I really love the show, but with those rating is this a series that will be renewed?
    The ratings aren't to be paid attention to. Showtime has said they got an insane number of subscribers for it being present and that they're very happy. I'd just like to see exact numbers for streaming, I'm sure they more than dwarf the watchers.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It will also only get renewed if Mark and David want to take the story beyond these 18 episodes.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So. Much. PLOT ADVANCEMENT.

After last week's deep dark dive down the backstory rabbit hole it was a smart idea to keep this one more rooted in the modern day linear story and move a lot of the chess pieces forward. The back half of this season is probably going to be insane. Watching as these characters piece and put the mystery together is so satisfying, and exactly what a lot of us assumed is happening -- we're seeing more and more of Twin Peaks itself as the story naturally moves back to it.

I'm still so amazed at all of this -- what could have been the most ill-advised nostalgia-baiting traipse over ground best left untouched is instead some of the most original, exciting, surrealist and boundary-pushing TV since ... well, since the original run of Twin Peaks, and it's incredible. This is the most satisfying return of an old series that I've ever seen, and that's as someone who is genuinely highly skeptical of bringing anything back from the dead in television.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    yeah...is there any question the NIN EP trilogy and Twin Peaks: The Return are collaboratively related beyond "THE" Nine Inch Nails performance? Differing timelines and parallel realities crossing over. This is some great stuff.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Anyone else find Chrysta Bell's acting distractingly bad?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Naomi Watts, Laura Dern, Tim Roth, and Jennifer Jason Leigh in the same hour of television. Love it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Her body language is awful, but I can get past her acting. At least it's not Leo Johnson. He'd feel so damn out of place in this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I found this in the code...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZackeryH View Post
    this is meant to be the end of Twin Peaks, there is no more after this other than "the final dossier" book that's coming out in october. david specifically stated that this was a finite thing.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    this is meant to be the end of Twin Peaks, there is no more after this other than "the final dossier" book that's coming out in october. david specifically stated that this was a finite thing.
    but he also said he'd be open to doing more depending on how it was received if I'm not mistaken.

Edit:
    In the variety interview in may, when asked if he'd do another season, he said "I don't know. You never say no. You never know what's going to happen. It depends on a lot of things."

And he told rolling stone, when asked the same question, "I don't know. It depends on how it goes over. You're going to have to wait and see."

But I'm not going to be holding my fucking breath. If we DO get another season, I bet it won't happen for a few years.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-10-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Anyone else find Chrysta Bell's acting distractingly bad?
    Yeah, especially in the interrogation scene while Matthew Lillard's character is pouring his heart out.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    That part was just what we needed after the mindfuck that was part 8. This was a really sweet and touching episode, Dana Ashbrook really stole this one. Garland may be gone but I love how his presence is all over the show and he's such an important factor.

I A M N O T Y O U R F O O T
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 07-10-2017 at 11:58 AM.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    I feel like part 9 is the most similar to the original show.
    And I got goose bumps a couple of times.