Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Is anyone else as lost as i am with the way that ended?

Did i miss something?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I have so many feelings from that and I'm okay with all of them. I'll be thinking about this for a long, long time.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Is anyone else as lost as i am with the way that ended?

Did i miss something?
    Nope, I'm as lost as you are. Part 18 felt like the beginning of another mystery. Hoping that Lynch and Frost hop on board for another season.

Spoiler: I wonder why Audrey wasn't addressed in the finale.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I understand that there'll be some things to rewatch and sort out but damn... this show is a rubix cube and i think I'll be twisting and turning it until i no longer possess the capability of thought.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What. The. Fuck. Was that?

I thought this was supposed to be the last episode of a series, not the first one...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Amazing. Stunning. I feel so traumatised.

Can't wait to read The Final Dossier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    交代 [jiāo dài] apparently means "to explain, to make clear" in Chinese.

No wonder we weren't gonna talk about Judy.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    So, people complained that the series was moving slow...

Lynch PACKED the last episodes; it was a hard watch, my head almost couldn't handle all the stuff; seriously ...this is coming from someone who has watched Eraserhead and Lost Highway lots of times.

I want to discuss but my head is filled, lol

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I can finally binge watch it although I believe @icklekitty feels it's not a good idea.

Of course I have an understanding of what happened in the series and having read a bit about the finale, I'm thinking about one concept that I'll keep in mind while watching the whole show. Feel free to tell me if I'm off the mark.

Spoiler: Ouroboros

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post

Do you gather that from the figure 8 that was shown?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Do you gather that from the figure 8 that was shown?
    I haven't seen this yet but it makes sense though.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The experience of watching this all summer long and having it in my head, having amazing conversations about art and music and cinema because of it, of having it be so creatively stimulating and electrifying is one I'll never forget. This is probably the most I have ever enjoyed watching a show on TV as it aired.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    I can finally binge watch it although I believe @icklekitty feels it's not a good idea.

Of course I have an understanding of what happened in the series and having read a bit about the finale, I'm thinking about one concept that I'll keep in mind while watching the whole show. Feel free to tell me if I'm off the mark.

jist try to tease yourself a little. One episode a day. Take a two daybreak after episode 8. I feel anticipation is a character in itself. You need to let yourself absorb it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Just when I thought this show couldn't get anymore mind fucked. What a ride I must say, but there are way too many new questions now.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The dream theme of this season resonates stronger than ever. And like being woken up from a dream before it ends, this feels the same. My dissatisfaction isn't with the show. It's with the fact that there isn't more to discover, until The Final Dossier is released. And like a dream, threads just vanished, without any more view of them. If you've ever tried to read an old text of some sort, where you have to really put a lot of effort into piecing together worn-out areas where things are missing, this is what it feels like. Now comes the viewers' interpretations of those missing pieces. Or like a song that was released without lyrics, and there are bits and pieces that are buried in sound, and you have to try to make up the lines that are drowned out. I'll spend a long time doing just that.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    Or like a song that was released without lyrics, and there are bits and pieces that are buried in sound, and you have to try to make up the lines that are drowned out.
    "The best thing about life, is knowing you put it together.."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://www.esquire.com/entertainment...017-interview/
    Pretty good read
    parts that stands out to me
    "I don't think David feels compelled to resolve everything by any means, maybe because of the idea that it's ongoing and we'll pick it back up if we have to," he says, pointing to the differences in the way Lynch and Frost attack the material. "Maybe that's why they get together once every 25 years," he laughs.
    and
    "David tells me, 'Everything is Twin Peaks. It's all Twin Peaks,'" he says. "These stories continue—that's the whole thing. Everybody kept living and going on and doing their thing. It never stopped. Now we're picking it up again, 25 years later. Who knows if we'll pick them up again down the road, I don't know."
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 09-04-2017 at 06:48 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    When Carrie is in the car, falling asleep, and says "in those days...I was too young to know any better", it feels like a callback to the scene between Donna and Harold Smith (an underrated character in my opinion) where she talks about going to the Roadhouse with Laura.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I'm amazed and grateful that we got as much closure to some elements of the show as we did, and on the other, I'm both amused and livid that it ended the way it did. These last two episodes definitely felt like as much of a teaser and setup to a new season as they did a close.

Spoiler: The house owners' names - Tremond/Chalfont - may be familiar as the name of the old lady/lodge spirit and grandson who appeared the place where Laura and Donna delivered Meals on Wheels. I like the theories that Judy sucked Laura into a parallel reality, a construct that crumbled once she regained her memories.

Christ, I need more. Frustrating, yet utterly compelling. What a ride it's been.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 09-04-2017 at 11:14 PM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Christ, I need more. Frustrating, yet utterly compelling. What a ride it's been.
    Read some of the online finale reviews, especially the ones from Vulture. Some very interesting theories out there, which are in many ways just as fun as trying to figure out the show on your own.

Re-watch FWWM while the finale is fresh in your mind and a lot of things stand out that were perhaps missed or implausible the first few times around..

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The funny thing about the final episode is that it reminded me a lot to The Sopranos finale (not going to give spoilers but if you watched you know what i'm talking about...)

Yet, unlike the Sopranos i do think they are going to continue the series; Lynch has been quietly expecting the fans reactions and if they are positive (i think mostly they are...) he'll find a way to let us know what's the deal with Judy...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    At 9PM CST, I'm going to rename this thread "Twin Peaks - Spoilers" since it will have been 48 hours since the finale aired. I have theories but I mostly want to free everyone up to be able to speak about this a bit more freely without having to use spoiler tags.

See you in 10 hours or so.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Yet, unlike the Sopranos i do think they are going to continue the series; Lynch has been quietly expecting the fans reactions and if they are positive (i think mostly they are...) he'll find a way to let us know what's the deal with Judy...
    I really, really don't think that is going to happen. And in all honesty, I don't think I want it to continue, and this is coming from someone who thought The Return was possibly the best television experience I've ever... experienced.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I really, really don't think that is going to happen. And in all honesty, I don't think I want it to continue, and this is coming from someone who thought The Return was possibly the best television experience I've ever... experienced.
    I think i can go either way; an "ending" that is not an "ending"...

The reason the final two episodes aired together is because Lynch gave us a "multiple choice" finale:

Episode 17 resolves almost all storylines and is a more "straight" kind of "happy" ending.
    Episode 18 is almost another show with characters named differently and an "open" ending.

Both are equally valid and you can choose whatever you like (personally i liked the "open ending" better).
    It can work both as a "finale" to the show or a beginning of a "new mystery", i'm sure Lynch had lots of fun doing it and i'm sure he would love to do another season.

Yet if this is the end it works too because TP is Lynch's project and i'm sure he wants it to remain "unfinished".

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://variety.com/2017/tv/features/...er-1202445977/
    Old interview but
    Would you do another season?

I don’t know. You never say no. You don’t know what will happen. It depends on a lot of things.
    I think Lynch & Frost have left it open just in case they ever get ideas to continue it in the future.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    http://variety.com/2017/tv/features/...er-1202445977/
    Old interview but

I think Lynch & Frost have left it open just in case they ever get ideas to continue it in the future.
    Entirely possible but I feel they would have made this ending even if they agreed never to revisit TP again. This was not so much a way to leave things open but a statement about modern television in my eyes. I don't know too many shows that had series finales that people universally liked. You mostly have last seasons that move to quickly to wrap things up or you get something "creative" like the Sopranos and everyone hates it. As much as it would have been nice to see Coop in Twin Peaks laughing with everyone I like the existing ending the more I think about it. This type of finish will leave a dedicate viewer asking questions in their own mind and keep thoughts of the show alive for much longer than any other finish could have.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

We are not going to talk about JUDY

In my way to work i started to think about JUDY and came to the conclusion that it is Sarah Palmer...

Watching the original series; in Laura Palmer's funeral Leland jumps to Laura's casket while crying and hugs it; Sarah shouts at him "Don't ruin this too...".

My interpretation of that scene is that Sarah knew (from many years ago) of the sexual abuse, yet did very little about it.

Her indifference is a product of the entity, it possessed her very young, it's only intention is to "supervise" its creation (BOB) to do his job.

That explains why she allowed the abuse to Laura all those years; she's the "main entity", yet she must remain hidden, she allows BOB to do her dirty work while keeping low profile, Sarah is as guilty as Leland of the abuse.

Also Phillip Jeffries gives Coop the number "8"; The Palmers live in "708", i think the "7" is Laura (Good), and "8" is JUDY (Evil), so it's "Good VS Evil".

That's why Laura screams in the final scene; she hears her mother and is scared by the thought of her, JUDY is looking for Laura again and it all clicked for Carrie Page.