Thread: Watchmen (2019)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    So, the runout groove for Watchmen has "NULL 10" etched into it. This leaves us with five official Null numbers:

1. The Social Network
    2. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
    4. Before the Flood
    6. The Vietnam War
    10. Watchmen Vol. 1

That leaves Gone Girl, Juno, Patriots' Day, Halloween, mid90s, and Bird Box without official Null numbers.

Based purely on release order, either Gone Girl or Juno would slot into Null 03, but that would leave the release that doesn't without a Null number entirely. Gone Girl got a physical release and no Null number anywhere, so maybe that's the odd one out and Juno goes there. Patriots' Day is pretty obviously Null 05, which we could've confirmed if the vinyl ever came out (RIP). Meanwhile, Null 07-09 correspond cleanly with Halloween, mid90s, and Bird Box. I previously assigned 07 and 08 to mid90s and Bird Box in my head, leaving out Halloween, but I guess TR/AR consider it an official release, even though neither version of the vinyl has the Null number (maybe because the John Carpenter theme is the B-side so it's not a Null-official release?).

I do wish we could get someone (Kraw?) to go on record about the Null numbers so that we have definitive information and not just speculation, but 1. I think Trent probably likes that the numbers aren't always explicitly listed, and 2. this only matters to an extremely narrow sect of people anyway.

Excited to see Vol. 2 and 3 throw all this out the window and use either random numbers or none at all.
    Last edited by gorast; 11-06-2019 at 05:48 PM.