Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62
Results 1,831 to 1,852 of 1852

Thread: Puscifer

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Puscifer just announced a new track streaming on Sirius. Anyone have a chance to listen and pass on?
    I'm also interested in hearing this. Pablo's Hippos was a pretty good track (probably the best on the Sessanta EP), so I'm hoping this one will be good too!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Puscifer just announced a new track streaming on Sirius. Anyone have a chance to listen and pass on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Puscifer/co...t=share_button

Carina sounds mad on this track. Love it.

More like No Angel and this please! Can't wait for a potential next album.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-28-2024 at 02:19 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Awesome. Hope this has a stand alone release in some form.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    It’s available as a single on Apple Music.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Cool song, but between The Algorithm, Disillusioned, and yelling at the audience at every show to put their phones away, Maynard has basically become a 60 year-old man screaming at kids to get off his lawn.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Cool song, but between The Algorithm, Disillusioned, and yelling at the audience at every show to put their phones away, Maynard has basically become a 60 year-old man screaming at kids to get off his lawn.
    As someone in my late 30s I’m becoming increasingly jaded with social media and the instant-gratification culture we’ve grown into.

Like, sure, things have always changed. But in my ~youth~ if someone wanted to bully me they had to see me or call me and risk getting my parents. With my kids, they can get bullied whenever and wherever they are. Now there are new and exciting ways to spread hate and link up with likeminded people without the discouraging discomfort of possibly being spotted at a Klan rally.

I’m rambling now but my point is that as cringey as I originally feel like some of this stuff is, I get it and I’m getting it more and more.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    As someone in my late 30s I’m becoming increasingly jaded with social media and the instant-gratification culture we’ve grown into.

Like, sure, things have always changed. But in my ~youth~ if someone wanted to bully me they had to see me or call me and risk getting my parents. With my kids, they can get bullied whenever and wherever they are. Now there are new and exciting ways to spread hate and link up with likeminded people without the discouraging discomfort of possibly being spotted at a Klan rally.

I’m rambling now but my point is that as cringey as I originally feel like some of this stuff is, I get it and I’m getting it more and more.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree with the sentiment completely. I think it's more that Maynard is getting very literal with his lyrics lately, so instead of writing tasty metaphors for the thing he wants to talk about, he just says the thing itself, which doesn't make for very compelling or timeless lyrics. That's obviously not true of all of his recent lyrics; but that also makes the ones that are like that stand out even more.

Also, this is for the American Psycho comic which features a character obsessed with social media, so there's at least a reason for the very literal lyrics here.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree with the sentiment completely. I think it's more that Maynard is getting very literal with his lyrics lately, so instead of writing tasty metaphors for the thing he wants to talk about, he just says the thing itself, which doesn't make for very compelling or timeless lyrics. That's obviously not true of all of his recent lyrics; but that also makes the ones that are like that stand out even more.

Also, this is for the American Psycho comic which features a character obsessed with social media, so there's at least a reason for the very literal lyrics here.
    Yeah, I do wish we had some more metaphors and less direct lyrics but I’m not the one writing them so hey

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Nothing tops So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish for deep meaning, well written jaded lyrics. He tends to do better with APC and Tool with metaphors and allegories. Not to knock Puscifer but the lyrics often feel very direct and less meticulously laid out. However Existential Reckoning lyrics are on point and deep.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 06-07-2024 at 10:35 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Nothing tops So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish for deep meaning, well written jaded lyrics. He tends to do better with APC and Tool with metaphors and allegories. Not to knock Puscifer but the lyrics often feel very direct and less meticulously laid out. However Existential Reckoning lyrics are on point and deep.

That said, those lyrics on APC's 'Kindred' -- those are so "on-the-nose" cringe that I can't even listen to that song. No offense to MJK's daughter and her beloved feline friend but... yikes. Not my cup of tea.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    That said, those lyrics on APC's 'Kindred' -- those are so "on-the-nose" cringe that I can't even listen to that song. No offense to MJK's daughter and her beloved feline friend but... yikes. Not my cup of tea.
    Yeah a very literal song haha. I appreciate it for what it is but I stand by saying it was the worst track on E.P.P.P.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    As a parent it strikes me in the parent zone. Cuz it’s like, you tell your kids good night and there’s nothing to worry about when you know there’s plenty to worry about. Every time you leave you tell your kids you’ll be back soon but you don’t know a freak accident won’t take you away from them.

I also stand by my belief that the “friend” mentioned the second time isn’t the same feline friend mentioned before.

I do think it’s a fairly weak track. I enjoy it for what it is, though. Supposedly better live.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I, personally, choose to believe that the person being spoken of in the Puscifer track from E.P.P.P. is the same person that is responsible for the death of his daughter's cat from the APC track.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    I, personally, choose to believe that the person being spoken of in the Puscifer track from E.P.P.P. is the same person that is responsible for the death of his daughter's cat from the APC track.
    They killed a cat. Pablo's Hippos are next.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    I love TOOL. I love APC, Puscifer, MTVoid, etc... all the side projects, but I just haven't cared for most of the stuff Pusicfer has released the last few years. It's so on-the-nose and IMO, kind of cringey. Again, just my opinion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    They killed a cat. Pablo's Hippos are next.
    I had vaguely heard of the hippos before the song came out, but reading further into their story after the song came out, it seems like it might not be a bad idea if they were wiped out. Efforts to sterilize them are not making much progress.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wampa View Post
    I love TOOL. I love APC, Puscifer, MTVoid, etc... all the side projects, but I just haven't cared for most of the stuff Pusicfer has released the last few years. It's so on-the-nose and IMO, kind of cringey. Again, just my opinion.
    I don’t think I listened all the way through Existential Reckoning. It all started to sound too samey to me with the bleep bloops.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I loved Existential Reckoning for the music. It's the superficial social commentary and "neutral" politics that drag it down for me. I do interpret them as extensions of his "live life to the fullest, but remember tomorrow is made today" message. But it comes across as someone who has no clear grasp of what he's talking about.

Mind you, I am a sociologist. I imagine it must be worse for psychologists to listen to the endless barrage of toxic love songs.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Puscifer

Quote Originally Posted by stankeybearlover View Post
    I loved Existential Reckoning for the music. It's the superficial social commentary and "neutral" politics that drag it down for me. I do interpret them as extensions of his "live life to the fullest, but remember tomorrow is made today" message. But it comes across as someone who has no clear grasp of what he's talking about.

Mind you, I am a sociologist. I imagine it must be worse for psychologists to listen to the endless barrage of toxic love songs.
    I do dislike Maynard’s “both sides” stuff. I also dislike his dodging things that could cause controversy.

I do think, though, that after a career of tongue in cheek humor and cryptic but deeply personal lyrics, he’s owed the chance to be more straightforward. Like, “The Algorithm” or “Disillusioned” are basically “Stinkfist” without the cover.

I’ve pointed to this before but there’re several large threads on other Tool-centric forums explaining that despite the obvious, “10,000 Days” and “Wings For Marie” are actually about the fall of Satan. So, like, I’m gonna give him this.

Edit: I know it’s still the wrong band but people took on “The Outsider” as an angry anthem before Maynard finally explained that it was actually from the POV of someone who didn’t understand mental illness and was brushing off someone else’s experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk UI

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I've ordered that D is for Dubby release...

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I've ordered that D is for Dubby release...
    Fun fact: the original Lustmord online release from 2007 had different mastering to subsequent releases. Not sure how different it sounds.

It was also reissued online at some point with two additional remixes.