Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1787

Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    WHY WAS THE PRESIDENT'S DEFENSE ATTORNEY TALKING WITH THE PRESIDENT OF THE UKRAINE, IF NOT TO GET DIRT ON BIDEN???
    Yeah, this rings true even moreso today after reading the complaint. Rudy is all over this thing, he's basically the guy handling the whole thing, and it's fucking crazy because he literally has no official government position whatsoever. He's a fucking private citizen that Trump uses as a glorified errand boy to help facilitate government business. It's so fucking weird. Imagine if Obama had a good buddy of his flying all over the world and meeting with leaders on his behalf instead of, you know, ACTUAL cabinet members and ambassadors and whatnot. Such a goonish way of operating.

The other thing that's blowing my mind is just how ludicrous the actual conspiracy is and the fact that they seriously brought this up to a government leader like it was a legitimate thing. Imagine the leader of another country calling up the United States and telling us that we really ought to be investigating the fake moon landing.

This country is run by fucking buffoons.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The whole time I’m watching McGuire’s testimony, I’m thinking of the desk clerk from This is Spinal Tap

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I want to be so wrong on this....

But part of me just thinks he's going to get away with this shit. Like all the other shit he has done.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    oh man, to hear Trump wax nostalgic for the days when we actually punished traitors...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Yeah, this rings true even moreso today after reading the complaint. Rudy is all over this thing, he's basically the guy handling the whole thing, and it's fucking crazy because he literally has no official government position whatsoever. He's a fucking private citizen that Trump uses as a glorified errand boy to help facilitate government business. It's so fucking weird. Imagine if Obama had a good buddy of his flying all over the world and meeting with leaders on his behalf instead of, you know, ACTUAL cabinet members and ambassadors and whatnot. Such a goonish way of operating.

The other thing that's blowing my mind is just how ludicrous the actual conspiracy is and the fact that they seriously brought this up to a government leader like it was a legitimate thing. Imagine the leader of another country calling up the United States and telling us that we really ought to be investigating the fake moon landing.

This country is run by fucking buffoons.
    Giuliani is claiming, via Twitter and on Fox News, that he and Trump were trying to uphold Trump’s oath of office to serve and protect the United States by rooting out corruption and that corruption includes the Bidens allegedly bagging millions in cash from China and Ukraine 3 years ago.

Okay, but THE UNITED STATES HAS A C.I.A. AND F.B.I. FOR THAT! And a SECRETARY OF STATE!

Giuliani claimed on Fox that he and Trump didn’t trust U.S. intelligence. Well THEN FIRE U.S. INTELLIGENCE AND HIRE PEOPLE YOU CAN TRUST! Don’t use your fucking private attorney!

If the Bidens did something wrong, why did it take TWO YEARS of the Trump Administration to get to this point? Until AFTER Biden throws his hat into the ring? Why wasn’t Trump investigating Biden in 2017?

Biden announced his campaign on April 25th, 2019, the SAME EXACT TIME that Trump and Giuliani starting investigating the Bidens.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-26-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Giuliani is claiming, via Twitter and on Fox News, that he and Trump were trying to uphold Trump’s oath of office to serve and protect the United States by rooting out corruption and that corruption includes the Bidens allegedly bagging millions in cash from China and Ukraine 3 years ago.

Okay, but THE UNITED STATES HAS A C.I.A. AND F.B.I. FOR THAT! And a SECRETARY OF STATE!

Giuliani claimed on Fox that he and Trump didn’t trust U.S. intelligence. Well THEN FIRE U.S. INTELLIGENCE AND HIRE PEOPLE YOU CAN TRUST! Don’t use your fucking private attorney!

If the Bidens did something wrong, why did it take TWO YEARS of the Trump Administration to get to this point? Until AFTER Biden throws his hat into the ring? Why wasn’t Trump investigating Biden in 2017?

Biden announced his campaign on April 25th, 2019, the SAME EXACT TIME that Trump and Giuliani starting investigating the Bidens.
    The Trump administration can be accused of many things but "efficiency" is not one of them.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Here is the timeline:

The Trump sudden interest in the Biden conspiracy theory concurring with Biden’s Presidential campaign stands out like a criminal sore thumb:

https://www.justsecurity.org/66271/t...d-ukrainegate/

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Atlantic article

Rudy Giuliani: ‘You Should Be Happy for Your Country That I Uncovered This’

“It is impossible that the whistle-blower is a hero and I’m not. And I will be the hero! These morons—when this is over, I will be the hero,” Giuliani told me.

“I’m not acting as a lawyer. I’m acting as someone who has devoted most of his life to straightening out government,” he continued, sounding out of breath. “Anything I did should be praised.”

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Well, Democratic leadership finally doing its constitutional duty is definitely a good thing, but while I wish I could feel more optimistic...I don't. At this point I'll believe Senate Republicans turning on Trump when I see it. Regardless of whether it passes, impeachment is the right thing to do. What really worries me is the Democrats will make the impeachment process all about Ukraine and act like the rest was totes okay. Obviously the Ukraine scandal is is ridiculously incriminating (or at least should be) and clearly merits criminal investigation, but come on Dems. Don't pull a Russia-Mueller 2.0 and laser-focus on one international scandal amidst Trump's litany of corrupt abuses of power. This man is the most flagrantly impeachable politician in modern American history. Impeach him for all of it. Make it loudly known that none of it is okay. Do not risk them weaseling their way out and winning the next election, with all the rest of his unacceptable, criminal conduct essentially endorsed as legitimate by not being pressed.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

I’m already disturbed by how many republican congressmen and congresswomen are dismissing this. Maybe I’m naive, but I’d like to think that if they hear from enough people from their districts that they should impeach or take this seriously they will start considering it. I feel like the only thing we can do is contact our local reps, especially us living in republican districts. Tell your family and friends to do the same.

Edit: I realize how unlikely any of that will help but I feel so helpless and can’t believe it’s gotten to this point. The POS is now implying that the whistleblower and those that gave he/she the information should be executed - Trump should be impeached on that alone.
    Last edited by somewhat_; 09-26-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Maybe we'll show him mercy; maybe he'll get what he deserves

Last edited by ZeroSum; 09-26-2019 at 05:25 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I just had a really scary thought.

What happens if he gets impeached.

And then remains in office.

And then reelected in 2020.

I honestly don't know how I would cope with the knowledge that this country is just that fucking awful.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I'm sharing your fear.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I just had a really scary thought.

What happens if he gets impeached.

And then remains in office.

And then reelected in 2020.

I honestly don't know how I would cope with the knowledge that this country is just that fucking awful.
    incredibly possible. that's if he even gets impeached.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    He's definitely getting impeached. The Dem house is not gonna walk away from this.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I hope they don't walk away from it. I wish I was as confident as you.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Just resign already.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Just resign already.
    He'll never resign, his ego is too fucking big!

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Impeach Pence too, okay Democrats?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I can't stop laughing at this...

How is this real?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    I can't stop laughing at this...

How is this real?
    See, I don’t laugh at that; it infuriates me that so many similar idiots in this country voted for him. We are a country of idiots.

This is good.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Impeach Pence too, okay Democrats?
    Pence is definitely on the list; he’s the Spiro Agnew of 2019.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    See, I don’t laugh at that; it infuriates me that so many similar idiots in this country voted for him. We are a country of idiots.

This is good.
    Yeah, I can't laugh either. It just fills me with rage and a feeling of hopelessness that dwarfs any panic attack I've ever suffered. It feels as though literally the entire world is just wrong now and I'm deeply concerned that it will never be right again.

In other news: Senate report reveals that NRA was 'foreign asset' to Russia ahead of 2016 election.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    "I used the word Liddle’, not Liddle"

I'm sorry what? that's the same fucking word!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm not buying the whole misspelling bullshit on the tweet. It seems like something to take people's attention away from the impeachment inquiry. I mean he is a moron, but that's just mind boggling.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Yeah... that's unnerving. It sounds crazy as fuck. It sends chills up my spine