Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
Fuck a transcript, I want to hear a recording. It’s a formal call from POTUS to a world leader, it’s 2019, there has to be a recording unless it was requested to be scrubbed.
Here is a thread regarding the possibility of recordings:

As senior director of the WH Situation Room, I managed POTUS head-of-state calls. So, what light can I shed on the Trump-promised phone transcript? /1

First off: unless this administration has changed procedures in place for many years, there are no WH tapes of this phone call. As I used to say, the WH became averse to taping Presidential phone calls in about 1974. /2

Could there be recordings made by the foreign head-of-state's government or a foreign intelligence service? Sure, particularly when the call is made over a non-secure phone. /3

Could there be recordings made by the US Intelligence Community? No. Law, regulation, and practice forbids such collection of USG officials. Besides, there's no foreign intelligence value in doing so, as the US official is aware of the call's contents. /4
Emphasis: mine. This was posted yesterday before the memo was released. I'd recommend clicking over to the thread as there are 11 tweets in total and mostly informative.