Thread: Nintendo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    well, my SNES classis is likely to be as much of an ornament as my NES classic, because I just don't have the lifestyle to play at home at the moment. So I'm thinking of getting a DS, and I've been trying to decide which model. The forthcoming SNES-skinned one is a strong contender.
    i have a 2DS and i wish it was a 2DS XL because i have a hard time seeing the small stuff on the screens. i never care about 3D shit at all, and the 2DS (even the XL) is way cheaper than a 3DS.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    The 2DS XL would be an absolute no-brainer if I liked the two colour options it comes in (black with neon cyan trim, or white with neon orange trim) but I don't in both cases the four ABXY buttons are solid colours matching the trim. There are a couple of limited edition versions either out or coming out (e.g. pokeball coloured/stickered) but they don't light my fire much either.

My favourite of the current crop, style-wise, is the (non-XL) new 3DS, in a relatively restrained, SNES-like off white with coloured buttons look. but it has been discontinued.

The dark metallic black 3DS XL is probably top of my list now. But there's the ltd ed SNES themed one coming out tomorrow. I think the inside looks lovely but the outside I'm not too bothered about, and it's a bit of a markup on the cost of a regular 3DS XL (and that's not even factoring in the availability of 2nd hand 3DS XLs now).

https://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/sf-41.png

The good news, though, is I've played about 30 minutes of Metroid on the SNESc now!