Thread: Nintendo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    When the 3DS came out, I played it for about 2 minutes in Best Buy before walking away all disoriented. It's true, the 3D really does a number on youe eyes (I don't wear glasses).

I told msyelf I was going to skip out on the 3DS bandwagon this time around, but I ended up getting one for my birthday. I NEVER play it with the 3D on, so yeah, the best thing they did was give it to option to turn in on/off. Plus the battery life on it stinks as it is when it's not in 3D, I think it only lasts like 4-5 hours, which is the worst battery life of a handheld ever. With the 3D turned on, it cuts that in half, so you can only get 2-3 hours of gameplay, what a joke!!

I had to buy a product called the NYKO power grip - http://www.ebay.com/itm/NYKO-82109-N...item43b379d524, which signifigantly extends the battery life of this sucker to about 10-12 hours before dying, it's a great purchase.

But yeah, I HATE 3D shit with a passion. I go out of my way to find a theatre that's playing a movie I want to see in 2D to boycott the 3D version. The glasses just give me a headache and it's an overpriced gimmick.

You're not lying. I played the store demo 3DS when it came out. I played Street Fighter with the 3D on and it really made me feel sick to my stomach when I was playing it. It was/is horrible.

I don't have the option but I totally agree with you. This 3D fad is dumb, it doesn't even add much to high definition like they claim. Going back to what I said, it really sucks wearing glasses because I'm near-sighted and when I have to watch a movie in 3D I need to put the 3D glasses over my regular glasses and it's just uncomfortable, stupid and pain to do.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Glad to see it's not just me. Generally speaking, stuff like this doesn't affect me. But it does really infuriate me when someone i love, let's say a little brother or sister or son/daughter under the age of 10, gets something like the 3DS....only to get disoriented/sick from playing it + not be able to properly play it when away from home due to piss poor battery life. It's like...they're youngsters. They don't have the resources apart from parents to do their research about a product before they get it. They get excited about something new and want it right away. As a provider for them, it kinda kills me when i spend some amount of money on something to make someone i love happy and this is what happens. I'm going into a separate discussion perhaps, but point being...these things should all have been considered by Nintendo before releasing the 3DS.