Thread: Disney+

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    If this is aiming to be shown in 4K, then they might keep the old episodes at the original AR.

Somewhat unrelated but I'm noticing that HBO is showing more and more films in their original AR, as opposed to pan-and-scan them like they've done forever. The whole argument about black bars is as antiquated as the old tube televisions that facilitated that point to begin with, and hopefully that's what HBO is getting hip to now.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    If this is aiming to be shown in 4K, then they might keep the old episodes at the original AR.

Somewhat unrelated but I'm noticing that HBO is showing more and more films in their original AR, as opposed to pan-and-scan them like they've done forever. The whole argument about black bars is as antiquated as the old tube televisions that facilitated that point to begin with, and hopefully that's what HBO is getting hip to now.
    I'm of the (more extreme) opinion that changing the aspect ratio is destroying the director and/or cinematographer's original intent. Ultimately, you take what you're given with certain releases, especially for home media.

I read a few articles that claim Disney (through ESPN+ and Hulu) plan to lose a little over $2 billion dollars this next year just to get this thing off the ground and be competitive with Netflix.