Page 23 of 129 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Yeah it is the essentials edition, didn't notice that. Cool with me though cause I'm not a huge racing game fan but I've heard good things about the Forza games, ill check it out.
    It's worth playing and incredibly fun. Go for it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Always good to put GTA4 in and cruise around. Called up Brucie, took a boat ride. Then my kid woke up :/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ultima Underworld, baby!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Never could get into Gran Turismo much (still like it but eh).
    I had a blast playing GT5 with the Logitech steering wheel. Though it made Nascar way too damn easy.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    I had a blast playing GT5 with the Logitech steering wheel. Though it made Nascar way too damn easy.
    Too easy?! That was the hardest part for me, I may have to go back and try this!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Too easy?! That was the hardest part for me, I may have to go back and try this!
    With the controller? It was a complete bitch. Hard as hell. With the steering wheel? Way too easy.

Well at least to me.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I bought Civ 5 a few days ago and I can already tell that it's going to end up consuming my life once I can figure it out and win a couple of games.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    I bought Civ 5 a few days ago and I can already tell that it's going to end up consuming my life once I can figure it out and win a couple of games.
    Just wait till you start browsing through the mods. You'll start seeing the world in hexagons, and become unable to share the hex you occupy with any other unit.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Luigis Mansion 2. Its the best Nintendo game since Twilight Princess. Very charming and perfectly constucted. The multiplayer is also phenomenal, its like nothing youve ever played.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: What are you playing?

Fuck online fighting games. Especially injustice.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Fuck online fighting games. Especially injustice.
    I'm not a DC fan so I wasn't going to get this, but I heard there's a shit ton of Deathstrokes, Hawkgirls, Banes and Nightwings online and that's it and all they do is the same move over and over again.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So, I replayed Arkham Asylum, and I'm currently replaying Arkham City, but I have a question to ask: Am I the only one truly annoyed with the counter system? On Arkham Asylum, it only worked when it wants to, but on Arkham City, it's very much more consistent. On Arkham Asylum though, it enraged me to the point of pure frustration.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

I'm not a DC fan so I wasn't going to get this, but I heard there's a shit ton of Deathstrokes, Hawkgirls, Banes and Nightwings online and that's it and all they do is the same move over and over again.
    Spammers dude. I understand they are in all fighters, but a game where the shooters like death stroke are just a game breaker.

The game is cool though. Wish some peeps here jumped on and get a friendly king of the hill going.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Spammers dude. I understand they are in all fighters, but a game where the shooters like death stroke are just a game breaker.

The game is cool though. Wish some peeps here jumped on and get a friendly king of the hill going.
    I know how you feel. In Persona 4 Arena, a character named Elizabeth gains SP automatically so she can just jump back to the other side of the screen and just spam a full screen projectile the whole match. The only upside is, is that she's got low health, but that's not really an excuse. The SP gain should at least be slower online so shit like that wont happen. Other than that, the game is really balanced. Probably the most balanced fighter I've played.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I know how you feel. In Persona 4 Arena, a character named Elizabeth gains SP automatically so she can just jump back to the other side of the screen and just spam a full screen projectile the whole match. The only upside is, is that she's got low health, but that's not really an excuse. The SP gain should at least be slower online so shit like that wont happen. Other than that, the game is really balanced. Probably the most balanced fighter I've played.
    Plus its FINALLY coming out in Europe in a few weeks! joy!

I've been playing Thomas Was Alone on Vita.. I played it last year on the mac but I'm really happy I can play it again.. its bloody lovely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Up until 7pm last night, I was playtesting my Ludum Dare entry

Check out Space Jellyfish here:
    http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum...view&uid=13748

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Just wait till you start browsing through the mods. You'll start seeing the world in hexagons, and become unable to share the hex you occupy with any other unit.
    I haven't even got into the mods yet but I know what you mean by "seeing the world in hexagons". I've already made a point never to play it after work because by the time I get home it's almost midnight and by the time I'm done playing the sun's up.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

No different than Netherrealms last outing with Mortal Kombat. All I ever found and fought online was Scorpion players who spammed hellfire, teleport punch and the spear. The other character I always fought and found the same fight patterns people used were Smoke whom all ever did was the same loop of 'combos' which was when they threw a smoke bomb at your feet, teleport you above then do the teleporting back and forth punch then repeat the same process. Grew tired and old, I'm pretty good at fighters and not the best but I never resort to the same damn shit over, over and over again like a loser. It felt good when I won and did a fatality. Skarlet all the way. <3

I plan to get it sometime soon (hopefully ) since I love fighters and tons of people on my friends have this. I know you have it on Xbox as you're my friend but I wouldn't mind some matches.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    No different than Netherrealms last outing with Mortal Kombat. All I ever found and fought online was Scorpion players who spammed hellfire, teleport punch and the spear. The other character I always fought and found the same fight patterns people used were Smoke whom all ever did was the same loop of 'combos' which was when they threw a smoke bomb at your feet, teleport you above then do the teleporting back and forth punch then repeat the same process. Grew tired and old, I'm pretty good at fighters and not the best but I never resort to the same damn shit over, over and over again like a loser. It felt good when I won and did a fatality. Skarlet all the way. <3
    I main Smoke in MK9 but I don't do that combo. I've got a pretty nice combo down with smoke that does around 38% or so. Me and Jinsai would play matches with him as Kung Lao and me as Smoke and the matches would get intensely close each time cause he had a pretty good Kung Lao too.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    Plus its FINALLY coming out in Europe in a few weeks! joy!
    I know! I want that 12 inch vinyl that comes with the CE.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Finished MGS1 (original). Been years. Rex was a lot harder for me this time around. Debating on what to play next. Likely going back to Injustice. Might play MGS2 also.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    I'm a retro gamer...i love to play old NES and SNES games, and have an emulator for said systems.
    Interesting side-note: Every Sega, Genesis, Nes, SNES, Game Gear and Gameboy game EVER released fits on one DVD.

Well, for my 33rd birthday, i got a Wii.

I was absolutely THRILLED to find New Super Mario Brothers Wii it's the same mario i've known and loved for TWENTY SIX YEARS! Same goes for Metroid: Other M.

But here's the weird part. The game i've been playing most is Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2009. I just grabbed it 'cause it was like six or seven dollars.
    I hate the idea of hunting, because i don't wish to harm animals. I don't like guns...if i had ever kept guns, SOMEONE would be dead by now. (i was diagnosed bipolar with psychotic features in '97, before it was the "disease d'jour," AND i drank a liter of vodka a day for most of my twenties.) So you can see why me and guns are not a good combination, which BLOWS, because i would LOVE to have the discipline and self control to reap the peace of mind a concealed handgun license would bring me.

But when i tried the hunting game, i...it's therapy for me now. The graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is as slow or as fast as you want it to be. It's quiet and calm...just you and the forest and the animals. I fucking LOVE it.
    But i also got Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 and i utterly fucking HATE it. It's not hunting, it's a survival horror game about lions and rhinos and shit trying relentlessly to kill you.

Question: Can anyone turn me on to Wii games that are "throwback...." retro sidescrollers, that sort of thing?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I made this paint scheme and and vinyl/decal set for my 2013 Honda Civic in Forza Horizon. Thought I'd be a dork and upload it to forzamotorsport.net and share it here. Took close to a half an hour to make!

Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    trying once again to pick up and finish Final Fantasy XIII-2

this story makes absolutely NO sense at all. It's almost hilarious how absurd and nonsensical this shit is. "So if we resolve the paradox in the future, that will mean that in the past, my sister who was never supposed to die will have lived, and this will alter the creation of the fal'cie, negating the effects that the l'cie has on the fal'cie, thereby resolving that paradox with another preferable paradox!"

What!?!? Translating this "story" must have been a nightmare. I'm starting to miss old school RPGs where the plot is "there's a bad guy who wants to destroy the world, and we have to stop him because that would be bad."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Jesus, that's some bonkers Kojima-level shit. Does the storyline's craziness make the game worth playing, at least? Half of the fun of games that jump the shark is the ridiculousness of everything.

Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownboat View Post
    Jesus, that's some bonkers Kojima-level shit. Does the storyline's craziness make the game worth playing, at least? Half of the fun of games that jump the shark is the ridiculousness of everything.
    Well, to be fair, that's not a direct quote, but it might as well be. I have zero clue what the hell is going on in this game. I also really have no idea if I'm liking the game or not though... Every now and again, the battle system clicks and feels amazingly designed, and then along comes some nagging bs to irritate me again. It's so strange, I'm at the end of the game, and I'm preparing for what is apparently the "final showdown," and I don't even know who it is I'm supposed to be fighting. Well, I know his name, but I'm not even sure why I'm supposed to fight him, or what he's doing, or who the hell he is. I might as well be playing a game in a foreign language I don't understand.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-02-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I've yet to finish it also... But, the story never really threw me off. It's very goofy and all over the place, but I still got it, as messy and convoluted as it is.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Been playing Uncharted 3 Co-Op with a friend on crushing difficulty because there's a trophy for beating one of the co-op story modes on the hardest difficulty without dying. My friend wants the trophy so I'm helping him get it and I'm starting to despise this game. We play it practically every weekend, but playing this shit without him dying is just beyond pissing me off. The game is cheap as fuck. They throw armored guys at you in every direction then the ones that grab you and choke you are armored so you have to shoot their helmet off first before you can shoot them off your partner, it takes forever to kill just a normal enemy, the enemies have the best fucking aim ever. They can shoot you with an AK-47 across the map without missing. It's ridiculous.

Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Been playing Uncharted 3 Co-Op with a friend on crushing difficulty because there's a trophy for beating one of the co-op story modes on the hardest difficulty without dying. My friend wants the trophy so I'm helping him get it and I'm starting to despise this game. We play it practically every weekend, but playing this shit without him dying is just beyond pissing me off. The game is cheap as fuck. They throw armored guys at you in every direction then the ones that grab you and choke you are armored so you have to shoot their helmet off first before you can shoot them off your partner, it takes forever to kill just a normal enemy, the enemies have the best fucking aim ever. They can shoot you with an AK-47 across the map without missing. It's ridiculous.
    I might be able to help you guys with that. I probably need to brush up, but at one point, my friends and I were pretty unstoppable in that game. It was all about having a coordinated strategy for each level that we were going at. Don't think we got that trophy though... has that been recently added?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I might be able to help you guys with that. I probably need to brush up, but at one point, my friends and I were pretty unstoppable in that game. It was all about having a coordinated strategy for each level that we were going at. Don't think we got that trophy though... has that been recently added?
    It was added with one of the DLC's. I don't have any of the DLC's so I can't get the trophy. I am just trying help a friend out, while getting super pissed in the process lol.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I tried the Crushing difficulty on every Uncharted game and failed every time so I said fuck that every time.

I personally never understood why people like hard as hell difficulty modes in any game. They don't produce any fun to me when you have to replay them 50,000 times, be 'cheap', exploit shit or practice at for 20 years. Not fun at all. I like challenges but I hate higher difficulty challenges for just about every game. I think Gears of War, Resident Evil and Devil May Cry are the only games I can do and have no issues with at highest difficulties.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-04-2013 at 01:12 AM.