Page 8 of 129 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tony Hawk HD! But my late 90's nostalgia has been corrupte by the "updated" soundtrack.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I've done that plenty of times. Just went back to borderlands. Playing as a sniper, but I'm not so sure how I feel about it. Might play another class.

Edit - I have the GOTY version. Is there a specific time I should wait until messing with the DLC?
    I would wait until you've beaten the main game at least once before you play any of the DLC, but definitely do that before you play the General Knoxx DLC, the loot will be so much better if you do it on your second playthrough. You can do the Zombie Island DLC right after your first playthrough if you want cause that one doesn't really have any great loot.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 07-23-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Tony Hawk HD! But my late 90's nostalgia has been corrupte by the "updated" soundtrack.
    Did they really change it? Why, how and what for? What shit is on there now?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    The same 'why' as many HD remakes have run into (see Crazy Taxi). Licencing. Before a few years ago, when people licensed songs, brands, logos etc it was for one game on one console, there was nothing about any digital releases, updates etc like there is now. This is why PS1 classics like Wipeout 2097 are not out, due to all the Red Bull branding which would need re-licencing and sadly, licences cost money.
    Its a shame, but I'm sure in ten years when people will be wondering why they can't have Gears of War beamed to their brain-o-tron it'll be to do with a piece of paper Epic signed in 2003 that they can't afford to re-sign.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Some new KROQy shit. Im sure its still musically relevant to todays skater crowd, but a lot of these games for me will forever be deeply associated woth its music. I think three of the original tracks remain.

Today I discovered steam. Ive known about steam for a long time, but ive never used it much, being a console gamer and all... but i had a strong sesire to see if i could play Rune again

What is Rune? Rune is like Unreal with swords and vikings. Its like the vikingest game ever. You eat lizards off the wall for health, and you can beat people with severed limbs. And steam has it. Huzzah!

*edit*
    and they don't have it for Mac....
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 07-23-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    and they don't have it for Mac....
    Boot Camp? I just put windows 7 on my wife's iMac as I was gifted a copy of Dead Island, to my surprise it runs at a decent clip on max settings, so I've been installing lots of other games I couldn't run on my laptop. Its pretty fun.
    Which brings me to Dead Island, boy is that game shite in single player. Luckily it comes alive in co-op. I really love the weapon system too, even if things seem to break a little too easily.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Watching Dark Knight Rises made me want to finally beat this. I did this afternoon. I also bought the additional DLC!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Watching Dark Knight Rises made me want to finally beat this. I did this afternoon. I also bought the additional DLC!

Great game. What did you think of the twist? I loved it. I downloaded the DC Universe online game for my PS3, it's pretty fun so far.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    Great game. What did you think of the twist? I loved it. I downloaded the DC Universe online game for my PS3, it's pretty fun so far.
    I love City but as far as the story goes, I find myself liking Asylum a lot more. I liked the said twist, especially considering that Clayface is one of my favorite Batman villains.

Just picked this up:

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just finished playing Arkham City as well. Amazing game. And finished the Harley Quinn DLC as well. Good stuff. Trying to collect all of the riddler trophies (real pain in the ass). I also finished a couple of the spiderman games recently too (shattered dimensions and edge of time). Just picked up the new one, so that's probably next.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just finished playing Arkham City as well. Amazing game. And finished the Harley Quinn DLC as well. Good stuff. Trying to collect all of the riddler trophies (real pain in the ass). I also finished a couple of the spiderman games recently too (shattered dimensions and edge of time). Just picked up the new one, so that's probably next.
    You made me go out today and pick up The Amazing Spider-Man. Hopefully it's good. I've not played any Spider-Man games since the old one on PS One.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^^ The old Spidey games are where it's at.

I have been playing the shit out of Darksiders lately. I cannot believe I forgot about this game until about a month ago. Purchased right out of the PS Store.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    You made me go out today and pick up The Amazing Spider-Man. Hopefully it's good. I've not played any Spider-Man games since the old one on PS One.
    I absolutely loved Edge of Time and Shattered Dimensions. Maybe I was spoiled by how much fun I had with them, because I'm not liking this new one. Weak story, annoying camera, very repetitive. Debating trading it and going back to Dawnguard. A lot of people seem to love it though. So maybe I'm in a minority of haters.

Mind you, that the games of this gen are the first I've played since SNES... I can ramble on about Maximum Carnage.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I absolutely loved Edge of Time and Shattered Dimensions. Maybe I was spoiled by how much fun I had with them, because I'm not liking this new one. Weak story, annoying camera, very repetitive. Debating trading it and going back to Dawnguard. A lot of people seem to love it though. So maybe I'm in a minority of haters.

Mind you, that the games of this gen are the first I've played since SNES... I can ramble on about Maximum Carnage.
    I'm liking it so far. Not bad at all. I can see what you dislike about it though.

Maybe you should give me your copies of Edge of Time and Shattered Memories?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Dunno... only so many times a guy can keep swinging back to Oscorp. Which seems like every chapter... I just find it boring... I WANT to like it too. But something just isn't there. I really don't like the camera when you're crawling. I have to keep adjusting it just to see him and the baddies below. The upgrades feel useless as well... Yeah, I'm probably trading it...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    In a Kingdom Hearts mood. Birth By Sleep. Just finished the Aqua storyline and now Terra. Fun game. Probably shouldve done Aqua last though...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Killzone 2. It's really really fun. I had beaten the first one back when it came out on the PS2. It's good to see the story progress. Also I think the Helghast make a badass enemy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Finally finished Assassin's Creed Brotherhood last night, it wasn't that the main story was long it was just that I kept getting distracted by everything else there is to do. Not sure if I'm going to start up Revelations or just finish up some stuff in Brotherhood because Darksiders 2 comes out in less than two weeks and I doubt I'll have the time to get through all of Revelations before then.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Igrabbed the cold stream DLC for left 4 dead 2. Its pretty rad. The cold stream map is pretty engaging and instense, and it come with all the maps from the first game. Its awesome to see support for a game this long after it has come out, i get to break it out and have fun with it after its collected dust for a while. This is definitely the proper role if extra content.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Kingdom hearts 3D. Bit of a learning curve unlike the older ones (spirits, flow motion, and drop system). Once you get past that, its awesome. Still early on in the story though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Got back into Arkham City. Wasn't real impressed with the Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC, fun but the story was pretty weak. Oh well, got me back into the game enough to go and collect some more Riddler stuff, they put a ridiculous amount of it in this game.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Got back into Arkham City. Wasn't real impressed with the Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC, fun but the story was pretty weak. Oh well, got me back into the game enough to go and collect some more Riddler stuff, they put a ridiculous amount of it in this game.
    Very ridiculous. 400+ ridiculous. I probably got about half of them, maybe more. Eventually gave up.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Sound Shapes. really creative and fun. Gonna try out the level editor later (once I've unlocked all the stuff)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Playing the Gears of War 3 Campaign Cooperatively with a friend since she bought it to play with me and isn't very good. Great fun, haven't played it since December.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 08-07-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Very ridiculous. 400+ ridiculous. I probably got about half of them, maybe more. Eventually gave up.
    I just rescued the fourth hostage last night, I think I stopped last night at about 280. Going to try to get through all of them before next week when Darksiders II comes out. I'm having a bit of fun collecting everything but I have a feeling I'll burn out again before long, didn't make it far at all the first time I started collecting.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, when it comes to games to get achievements and advance in certain tasks I HATE COLLECTING SHIT! Riddler Trophies piss me off.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, when it comes to games to get achievements and advance in certain tasks I HATE COLLECTING SHIT! Riddler Trophies piss me off.
    I got all the riddler trophies, but that wasn't the biggest roadblock to getting 100 percent in that game. The challenge rooms got obscenely difficult.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm not a completionist. I did, on the other hand, want to finish the Riddler quest line. But some of those trophies are flat out obnoxious to get. I didn't finish nearly as much of the side stuff as I wish I could've. Identity theft was another one. Never finished it. Didn't know where to look without cheating. Never cheated actually. Not yet anyway.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    For some reason that one got mixed reactions. I loved it. As soon as it's done patching (a fucking hour!), i'll be dusting off thee ol PS3, and playing Heavy Rain.