Thread: The Organ Donor (Saw 9)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

The Organ Donor (Saw 9)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Organ_Donor

That’s the current working title.

Some things of note:

>>

Samuel L. Jackson reportedly has joined the cast of the "Saw" reboot.

Jackson is set to play Chris Rock's father in the latest iteration from the Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures horror franchise, Deadline reports. Rock is also producing the film and helped devise the story, with a script by Pete Goldfinger and Josh Stolberg. Production has begun in Toronto.

Jackson, known as one of Hollywood's hardest working men, stars in three films this summer.

In the "Saw" reboot, Rock plays a police detective who sets out to investigate some gnarly crimes. Max Minghella plays William Schenk, Rock's partner, and Marisol Nichols plays Capt. Angie Garza, Rock's boss.

The latest "Saw" will be directed by Darren Lynn Bousman, who directed three of seven films in the franchise.

It's scheduled to release on October 23, 2020.

>>

On June 26, 2019, Stolberg confirmed that the ninth installment will exist in the same canon as the previous eight films, and will not be a reboot, nor will it be a direct sequel to Jigsaw.[5]

...but apparently Tobin Bell isn't going to be in it. This will be like a Halloween film without Michael Myers...

>>

Lionsgate's CEO Joe Drake said that Rock's idea was "completely reverential to the legacy of the material while reinvigorating the brand with his wit, creative vision and passion for this classic horror franchise".[4] Burg and Koules said that Rock's treatment of Saw was comparable to what Eddie Murphy had done for buddy cop films in 48 Hrs., giving the Saw series a "completely fresh perspective".[4]

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    nope.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I am a die hard Saw series fan, and have stood my ground defending the majority of the films for years, but no Tobin Bell - I'm done.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I'm more interested in this than any film starring Tobin Bell at this point. If the series is going to continue (and honestly, it shouldn't have continued past the third film), then they might as well have some fun with it and bring in some fresh blood (no pun intended). I'm not jumping up and down for this film just yet, but I'm at least curious, which is something I haven't been with any of the films made in the last decade and change.