Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Soul (2020)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    got mine too but holy cow my side 1 is rife with major popping/jarring tone shift issues. Had to check the Apple version to make sure it wasn’t part of the track.
    ugh..i havent opened up mine yet. but maybe a replacement is in order

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    also, the Spine had Null 12 on it. pictures to be posted soon on nincatalog's entry for this release.

nincatalog.com - soul (US vinyl 12)

i also realize that the current photo of that entry is not the US release. Fixed with supporting comments.
    Last edited by spahn; 12-18-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Neither. Disney is handling the distribution so likely just the “Big online digital stores”
    Oh well. I have the record on the way of course. But seemingly the only way one can legitimately get the files is from either Amazon or Apple!? Time to dust off my pirate hat.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Lossless FLAC’s are up on 7digital. Can get this one in 24/96 (and also Mank in 24/192 hello overkill)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The regular version did not have a DL code
    Last edited by ekrekel; 12-18-2020 at 01:17 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Detailed photos now available here of the US Release: nincatalog.com - soul (US vinyl 12)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    My local indie shop somehow got sent a box of the Target exclusive variant, so I scored one of those this morning. Couldn't help but chuckle at how many middle aged former goths were probably running around their cities lookin for a Disney soundtrack today.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Here are options for purchasing digital in the US:

24/96 lossless:
    Qobuz - $17.99
    HD Tracks - $20.98 ($16.78 after 20% coupon "Dece20HD")
    ProStudioMasters - $17.59
    7Digital - $18.99

MP3/AAC:
    Amazon - $11.49
    7Digital - $11.99
    TIDAL - $11.99
    iTunes - $11.99

For international purchases, 7Digital, Amazon, iTunes, and TIDAL have presences in most countries. Qobuz is available in many EU/UK countries.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post

24/96 lossless:
    Qobuz - $17.99
    7Digital - $18.99

MP3/AAC:
    Amazon - $11.49
    7Digital - $11.99
    TIDAL - $11.99
    iTunes - $11.99

For international purchases, 7Digital, Amazon, iTunes, and TIDAL have presences in most countries. Qobuz is available in many EU/UK countries.
    Thanks for this.

I just bought the FLAC and then converted to mp3.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I don’t understand the logic behind how these projects are tweeted about / promoted, why promote the Soul score from the NIN twitter account when it isn’t NIN and Trents account has twice the followers???

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks much! Just bought the HD Tracks. Disney Records also released a new 83-minute, 24bit Daft Punk Tron: Legacy "The Complete Edition" on HD Tracks. The only other NIN-related loss-less release there is Patriots Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post

24/96 lossless:
    Qobuz - $17.99
    7Digital - $18.99

MP3/AAC:
    Amazon - $11.49
    7Digital - $11.99
    TIDAL - $11.99
    iTunes - $11.99

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I’m going to hazard a guess that he has PR people with access to the NIN handle but he’s kept his handle to himself

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I don’t understand the logic behind how these projects are tweeted about / promoted, why promote the Soul score from the NIN twitter account when it isn’t NIN and Trents account has twice the followers???
    If you allow for some oversimplification/reductionism, maybe Trent treats his twitter account as a personal account, and the nine inch nails account as a business account.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    What? I thought that Trent Reznor was Nine Inch Nails?

/sarcasm

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    If you allow for some oversimplification/reductionism, maybe Trent treats his twitter account as a personal account, and the nine inch nails account as a business account.
    He deleted everything personal though except ‘lots of assholes here’ maybe

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    WOW! This score is incredible!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Here's a link to the Japanese 1CD version (combo of Batiste & TR/AR): https://www.universal-music.co.jp/p/uwcd-1096/
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 12-18-2020 at 06:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Here's a link to the Japanese 1CD version (combo of Batiste & TR/AR): https://www.universal-music.co.jp/p/uwcd-1096/
    i'm really curious about the extent of their international promotion efforts here with different tracks for different countries. so far, we've seen bonus tracks in Spanish, French, Italian, and now Japanese. it's a good idea, and i wonder how many more there are.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    got mine too but holy cow my side 1 is rife with major popping/jarring tone shift issues. Think Eater of Dreams. Had to check the Apple version to make sure it wasn’t part of the track. Doesn’t look that bad, little sleeve rash but man it sounds terrible. Can one of y’all let me know how yours plays, hopefully not a pressing issue.

edit: closer look at the sleeve rash there’s a couple good super fine lines in there that are wrecking shop.
    Damn sorry to hear that! Mine sounded fine (regular black vinyl) but I'm going to give it a closer listen
    @ekrekel I gave Side A a few more listens and I'm not hearing anything out of the ordinary
    Last edited by 3knic; 12-19-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Had Soul going around all evening while doing housework - lovely score, some really beautiful moments, but fun also. There are parts that feel reminiscent of Together, to the point that I wonder if there's any relation. In any case, while 2020 has been terrible in so many respects, it really has been a great year to be a nin fan, and this score caps it all off rather nicely.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    ah, my favorite time of the year, when I'm not sure if i should buy something for myself, or wait to see if a family member purchased it for me for xmas.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My Amazon copy arrived this morning in really bad packaging but luckily no damage.

My clear Target one has arrived with the forwarding company in the US too, so hopefully get that in a couple of weeks given everything is going to shut down soon.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    None of the buying options are OK for me, so... maybe later? :-) But it's OK, no complains.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This came up in a google alert, it's a little featurette on the music of Soul

https://collider.com/soul-soundtrack...ss-featurette/

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Loving the score. Kind of feels like a mix between Before The Flood and Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (mainly with some of the icy bell sounds that are present). Nicely done, and a very interesting juxtaposition with Mank.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Target clear vinyl showed up today in what looks to be good condition, though I haven't opened the celo yet.

FYI: it looks like it's back in stock online if anyone was looking to grab it. https://www.target.com/p/soundtrack-...l/-/A-81611874

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if "The Deluxe Junior Novelization" MP3 CD contains incidental music by TR/AR?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    What a home run of a score. Good lord.

I'm really glad they took on this film, because getting music like this from Trent and Atticus is an absolute delight. It all just feels so uplifting, and hearing their usual tools, the kinds of melodies that tend to show up in these score projects, in such a vastly different context, is really amazing. A couple of them - Epiphany, Enjoy Every Minute and Just Us in particular - made me tear up. You can really hear and feel the warmth in tracks like those, and I'm sure seeing the associated scenes will be just brutal in that familiar Pixar way. Even though it's pretty short run-time wise, I think it's probably top 3 right now on my list. Just wow.

Also, I don't know why, but it's really funny seeing a Null number on a Disney soundtrack.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Love the score, it flows nicely and is very easy to listen to. Like an easy-listening version of TRatticus's other scoring work.

Got my target-exclusive vinyl today, looks in fine shape.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    If anyone ends up picking this up, please let me know so i can get some images to add to nincatalog.com. I want to see a physical release of it before I add it on the site.