Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The Poopy Diaper Vinyl Thread

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    found one for $6...don't know why I ordered it but I did. I mean I have the DualDisc still so wtf.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    the second disc in the tour edition wasn’t dual disc iirc, it was just DVD-A.
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    ah...so it was a literal dual disc instead of a DualDisc. I see.

ohhhhh ok that's way less weird than i thought it was

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I never got around to ripping the DVD-A and now it's in my loft. Can anyone elucidate what the bitrate is for the stereo mix, and/or the surround mix please? nin.wiki doesn't (yet) know either. TIA! (I need to make a loft trip soon)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I never got around to ripping the DVD-A and now it's in my loft. Can anyone elucidate what the bitrate is for the stereo mix, and/or the surround mix please? nin.wiki doesn't (yet) know either. TIA! (I need to make a loft trip soon)
    48kHz sample rate for both
    stereo bitrate is 192kbps
    surround is 448kbps

also nice to know my PS3 will actually play dualdiscs!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I'll check out the DVDA stuff when I get home, I have a...*cough*...way to check that.
    @eversonpoe - the PS3 will play the DVD data but it also has DVDA which only certain players (and ripping software) can read. It's a format called MLP which ostensibly should be a higher bitrate than the Dolby but it's not always the case.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    My preference for Witha Teetha is the European CD version....You get 'Home' and 'Right Where It Belongs-Piano version' as bonus tracks. Its quite delish

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I'll check out the DVDA stuff when I get home, I have a...*cough*...way to check that.
    @eversonpoe - the PS3 will play the DVD data but it also has DVDA which only certain players (and ripping software) can read. It's a format called MLP which ostensibly should be a higher bitrate than the Dolby but it's not always the case.
    ah, yes. i have an old pioneer elite DVD player that'll do DVD-A. i should dig that out some time...

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...elease/4025467

Scooped up this rare-as-all-fuck gem on Discogs the moment it hit my wantlist last night. Minty fresh and factory sealed. Such epic renditions across those two nights. I wish he'd do more stuff like this and the Still stuff..

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    How's the quality? I have an old digital download of the event and the quality is iffy. Always wanted to find something cleaner.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    It's coming from Italy so I won't know for at least a few weeks, I reckon..

Isn't there a CD bootleg of those shows out there somewhere? I know there's that one for the radio sessions they did with Peter Murphy that like never shows up for sale online..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...elease/4025467

Scooped up this rare-as-all-fuck gem on Discogs the moment it hit my wantlist last night. Minty fresh and factory sealed. Such epic renditions across those two nights. I wish he'd do more stuff like this and the Still stuff..
    Nice, discogs doesn't allow cd bootlegs but vinyl ones are fine, go figure...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I'm still amazed that vinyl bootlegs show up regularly in "reputable" high street stores now

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    Nice, discogs doesn't allow cd bootlegs but vinyl ones are fine, go figure...
    Any bootlegs aren't allowed, this one will get squashed soon enough (I have some vinyl releases that got themselves delisted).

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm still amazed that vinyl bootlegs show up regularly in "reputable" high street stores now
    Generally it reduces my trust in a particular store when I notice that...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Poopy diaper time for me - my preorders from Amazon went from those Monday dates to the Wednesdays to now saying no estimate available. Super confusing since I preordered all three together at the same time. Ugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Poopy diaper time for me - my preorders from Amazon went from those Monday dates to the Wednesdays to now saying no estimate available. Super confusing since I preordered all three together at the same time. Ugh.
    This happened to me as well. I ordered all three day the email went out. Received volume 1 on release day. I also noticed there are new listings on Amazon for volumes 2 and 3 that still show release day as shipping date. I preordered those in case the are just relisting with new release dates instead of updating the initial listings.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Stereo:

Surround:

Sounds great on my hi-res player.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    There is actually SBD versions of 'Fragile' and 'Hurt' from one of the 2006 Bridge School shows floating around. Nice compliment to the AUD recording

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    It's coming from Italy so I won't know for at least a few weeks, I reckon..

Isn't there a CD bootleg of those shows out there somewhere?
    It's gotta be just a copy of this audience recording, right?

http://ninlive.com/shows/2006/20061021.html

Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    There is actually SBD versions of 'Fragile' and 'Hurt' from one of the 2006 Bridge School shows floating around. Nice compliment to the AUD recording
    Not just "floating around." Please buy it: https://music.apple.com/us/album/the...live/340492391

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not just "floating around." Please buy it: [URL
    https://music.apple.com/us/album/the-bridge-school-collection-vol-4-live/340492391[/URL]
    I did buy it (along with the Ministry songs) like a decade ago. Didn't realize they were still on itune all these years later....Wish they'd release the whole set

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    jesus, do none of you guys have a CD burner?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I do, personally, but a lot of people actually don't. Plenty of people only have laptops and the optical drives in those are disappearing.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yeah I was just pricing some black friday desktops and most of them didn't have drives installed, nor did they have bays to put one if you wanted to.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I think its super duper rad that vinyl is making a huge comeback. I also fully agree with Trent releasing music on vinyl and not CD anymore. Why release it on a superior audio format like CD when you can listen to the cool clean *CLICK* *CLICK* *POP* *CLICK* of vinyl...It illuminates the listening experience man..Like when you feel the vinyl in your hands and caress the sleeve and just sit back and let your record player do the work. *CLICK* *CLICK* *POP*....So much better than a crystal clear sounding CD.....Its just so stupid to release your art on a superior format when you can release it on an outdated format that was rendered obsolete by 1983. I think movie studios should follow Trent's lead. Why release movies on blu ray or 4KHD anymore when you can release them on VHS and Betamax instead?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I forgot to respond to some points made about not listening to CDs regularly or enjoying entertainment without physical media.

I like to make this comparison with VHS and DVDs. While I can certainly enjoy video on my computer and phone, what I like about VHS and DVD for actual TV shows and movies is that it feels like I'm experiencing it in a way where as if I was watching on the air as it was intended to be on an actual TV. At the same time though, I usually tend to collect TV shows and movies that I've enjoyed over and over again, so it wasn't always just because it's on a disc or a tape.

That's how I look at it whenever I've used cassettes, CDs and vinyl.

If I had a better set-up or a decent set-up, I'm sure I'd use my CDs a lot more too. (Unfortunately, the CD players on stereos stopped working and I just don't have really great speakers for CDs right now.)

It's obviously "an ancient relic of the past", but I still get a certain amount of overall satisfaction and enjoyment out of a good stereo, especially when combined with the surround sound of an actual TV, or video game system.

It was such a blast doing that on the Deluxe Edition of The Downward Spiral on SACD. Threads like these also make me miss my portable CD players over the past decade or so.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    jesus, do none of you guys have a CD burner?
    Jesus, for the millionth time, we like artwork and physical media too.

One more time, with feeling: If TR went the other way and decided vinyl was not a format he’d be using anymore, you all would be doing the EXACT SAME THING we CD folks are.
    Last edited by Swykk; 11-28-2019 at 09:35 AM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    One more time, with feeling: If TR went the other way and decided vinyl was not a format he’d be using anymore, you all would be doing the EXACT SAME THING we CD folks are.
    Nope, because I'm not a vinyl collector. I just respect that it's their art, and if they feel that it's best represented on vinyl, so be it. If I can't buy it digitally, I'm going to steal it, because it's clear that they're not exactly concerned about doing that. If they were, they'd make it available.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Nah. I can only speak for myself, but so long as they make the files available I'm happy - vinyl is a (really nice) bonus.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    It's gotta be just a copy of this audience recording, right?

http://ninlive.com/shows/2006/20061021.html

Not just "floating around." Please buy it: https://music.apple.com/us/album/the...live/340492391
    I'm curious as to where that recording of TDTWWA came from as they didn't play that at either of the Bridge School nights.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've never heard NIN on vinyl..ever. Have i missed anything?