Thread: Red Hot Chili Peppers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Not even a huge fan or anything... But I'm taking the time to check all of their works I never did before...figured I'd make a thread (that surprisingly wasn't already made).

Californication was a big hit with me when it came out (age 12), so it's hard to look at it in a totally new way, for some reason, and that was really the only one I latched onto. I was interested in other stuff when By The Way came out, likewise for Stadium Arcadium. I'd heard some of their hits through the years, including "Fortune Faded" (which in my opinion was/is one of their greatest tracks, and should have been on By The Way), but so far with starting to test their albums (the later ones at the moment), By The Way is the one that's been the most listenable...as different of a Peppers album as I realize that is now. I think it was a good thing. People seem to give it a good amount of shit. Forget about what you expect from them, if you can, and you may also see a simply nice album. (I could do without a few songs on there though.) "Warm Tape" is a favorite.

I do have a different perception on Stadium Arcadium now that I've given it the time of day (finally)...mostly for the better. I thought it'd be a total shitfest. But if has some merit. Still wrapping that experience up.

The new album? I've technically heard it all already upon leaking, but wasn't really in the mood for them. I don't have high hopes though, but as always...we'll see.
    Last edited by Amaro; 06-16-2012 at 11:51 PM.