I've long thought that The Riddler would work great with this kind of gritty, serious, creepy tone. I was hoping that Christopher Nolan might use him in The Dark Knight Rises, but the more I thought about it, that could end up being too close to Heath's Joker. This trailer was surprisingly great and has me excited, too. I'm looking forward to The Suicide Squad, as well. It already looks to be ten times better than David Ayer's Suicide Squad, which I thought was an absolute mess and should have featured Joker as the main villain, but instead they wasted him and his involvement in the movie ended up being rather pointless and inconsequential to the plot. I am NOT a fan of Jared Leto's take on the Joker, but I still think they were crazy not to focus on him more. Even the WORST take on such a great, iconic character would have been better (and made more sense) than the Enchantress, who straight up sucked as the main villain. Hearing how much was supposedly cut, I imagine there are SOME cool Joker scenes that wound up on the cutting room floor.