Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    so sorry to hear that

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Pfizer CEO says third Covid vaccine dose likely needed within 12 months

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said people will "likely" need a third dose of a Covid-19 vaccine within 12 months of getting fully vaccinated.

He also said it's possible people will need to get vaccinated against the coronavirus annually.
    I guess that's why the card has those extra slots on it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Pfizer CEO says third Covid vaccine dose likely needed within 12 months

I guess that's why the card has those extra slots on it.
    I think they always planned for boosters given the mutation rate for viruses. From my understanding the potential mutation characteristics is far less than influenza, so in theory there would only be a certain amount of different boosters. Whereas with influenza it’s almost a guessing game.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    My grandma tested positive this weekend. She got her first dose of the moderna vaccine about 3 weeks ago.

They say that the vaccines are supposed to be 100% effective at stopping hospitalizations and deaths, but when her symptoms started, she stopped taking her insulin. And she was already fighting an unrelated infection.

She's now been about 5 days without her insulin, fighting covid another infection.

She's also said she doesn't want a respirator, if it comes to that, and she also doesn't want to be shocked back if her heart stops.

She's in the hospital today, because my aunt insisted she go. The lack of insulin has her confused and disoriented too.

I don't think she's going to make it, and I think she's decided she's had enough and is ready to go. She's almost 90 now. I'm going to miss her.
    Update....I think she's going to make it.

They've given her some antibiotics, and that's got her other infection under control. They say her oxygen levels are looking good. They're still working on getting her sugar under control, but she's getting stronger each day, and they're talking about moving her to a rehab facility. I think she's actually going to make it now.

Thank god she got the vaccine, and that the doctors have been able to help with the other issues. If not for that first dose a few weeks ago, she'd definitely not be here now. She just barely made it as it was.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    That is heartening news!! I hope she pulls through.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That was so awesome when she told him to shut his mouth. Good lord, I can't stand that guy.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @eskimo , that is awesome news!!!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Got my second shot of Moderna yesterday. Sick as a dog (if I were a dog they would put me down) but relieved to be done with it.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Second Pfizer shot is on Friday.

I’m probably over preparing (got Gatorade, Tylenol, and making potato soup) but the first shot beat me up pretty good so better to over prepare than under.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Second Pfizer shot is on Friday.

I’m probably over preparing (got Gatorade, Tylenol, and making potato soup) but the first shot beat me up pretty good so better to over prepare than under.
    Fingers crossed you don’t get sick again! My first shot made me so nauseous and tired, but the second one didn’t bother me a bit.

It’s looking like most people I know only got sick with one rather than both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Fingers crossed you don’t get sick again! My first shot made me so nauseous and tired, but the second one didn’t bother me a bit.

It’s looking like most people I know only got sick with one rather than both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I pretty much knew what I was in for. Am hoping this is similar to first shot & after effects over in 3 days. Generally, I don't do well with vaccines. I don't think they mix well with the other exotic stuff I have to take. Worth the effort though. Looking forward to a haircut in 2 weeks!!!!!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I’m on day 4 and I have an itchy rash, like hives. Not the worst thing ever but it’s weird, LOL.

The itching on my arm (injection site) is finally fading.

Articles I’m reading about this say it’s just a manifestation of a robust immune system.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    1st Moderna shot had me pretty tired the following day; 2nd one was the same but worse (body aches and sweating/chills accompanied it). Both only lasted about 12 hours.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I’m on day 4 and I have an itchy rash, like hives. Not the worst thing ever but it’s weird, LOL.

The itching on my arm (injection site) is finally fading.

Articles I’m reading about this say it’s just a manifestation of a robust immune system.
    Putting this on my resume.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by archive_reports View Post
    putting this on my resume.

That’s brilliant, actually.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Got my appointment for my 1st dose of the AstraZenica vaccine on Friday afternoon!!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    1st Moderna shot had me pretty tired the following day; 2nd one was the same but worse (body aches and sweating/chills accompanied it). Both only lasted about 12 hours.
    First Moderna did not cause any reaction at all for me, but second hit me really hard! Fever 101+ with body aches and chills and feeling like I had the doggone flu, but it only lasted 12 hours. Small price to pay for reasonable immunity.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Got my appointment for my 1st dose of the AstraZenica vaccine on Friday afternoon!!
    My appointment got moved up and I got my first dose today instead.

I've got a very mild ache in my arm where the injection was, and I'm feeling kinda tired, but it's hard to tell if that's because of the vaccine, or if that's just because it's bedtime.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I am not pleased at this, especially since I am pfizerized.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    The problem is that we know people 60+ don't produce antibodies in the same amounts that younger people do. They're vaccinated, but maybe the usual 94-95% of a younger person is less. Then, when you have unvaccinated assholes going about their lives, yah, it's a recipe for trouble. Now if that person HAD been vaccinated, the chance of catching it would be 5-6%, and the likelihood of transmitting it is around 15% I think (estimate based on some incomplete research).

SO yah, they're an asshole for not getting vaccinated.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Nursing homes have to start requiring employees to present those vaccination cards.

Period.

If you ain't vaccinated, you ain't working there. The end.

DePaul and Columbia College will require Covid-19 vaccines this semester this fall for on-campus students. As it should be. For all colleges and universities. Students and teachers.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    speaking of that...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Getting my first dose of the vaccine on May 15. We have reach the people under 60 with obesity, diabetes and other chronic diseases stage so yay for being fat with high blood pressure, I guess!

Coincidentally, May 15 would have been my parents 56th wedding anniversary. It's a good omen.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Two Pfizer doses done as of today.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got my first shot of the Pfizer vaccine this past Thursday. Next shot is 3 weeks from now. I'll admit I kind of put off scheduling an appointment (I'm definitely not any kind of essential worker, and I rarely need to leave my apartment these days except to get groceries), but it's nice to be able to worry less about getting sick. It was a super quick and efficient process, too - the whole thing took less than 30 minutes, including the waiting afterwards to ensure no negative side effects. My arm ached a bit, but otherwise everything is good. Well, except I guess Bill Gates knows my IP now. Or something.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    so excited, my girlfriend has her first shot May 6.
    Monday will mark 2 weeks from my 2nd shot.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    yeah, not gonna lie, I got a little sick, threw up, had a brief fever thing, but it lasted about two hours, which is nothing. Since then it's just been a mild ache at the injection spot.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Got my 1st Pfizer shot last Friday! Just had a sore arm.

Then on Saturday my boss emailed us that his wife tested positive for covid, but he and the kids tested negative, and now they have to quarantine for 10 days. Made it this far, and now covid is around the corner like god damnit, can I just get my second shot now? lol