Page 112 of 123 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,360 of 3683

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    They need to rock the sweater vests and pants look for the tour.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    How does everyone feel about Zeit now they’ve had time to digest it?

For me it officially goes:

Love Armee as an opener now, and it’ll most likely be the set list opener. I’ll be surprised if it isn’t.

Zeit is on par in terms of perfection as Seemann, as a ballad and as a single.

Schwarz is just fucking beautifully dark (heh) and I can’t fault it at all.

Giftig… Giftig is hard to explain. I do enjoy it, but it feels less special than other tracks on the record.

Zick Zack, while silly, has that really catchy chorus and would probably sound fantastic in a live environment. I don’t skip it.

OK gets a bit grating with the constant “Ohne Kondom” chanting, but the instrumentation of the latter half of the song is excellent.

Meine Tränen… same as Schwarz. Perfect.

Angst is the Puppe of the album. 10/10 song and video.

Dicke Titten I’ve warmed up to because it’s actually sung… not so silly, despite its nature. I prefer this over OK.

Lügen… what can I say about Lügen? Probably one of the most heart wrenching tracks/poems Till has ever penned.

Can we just appreciate the lyrics for a moment? And the auto tune, that makes so much sense when you think about it as “lying” and not using your own vocals. It fits with the theme.

Walking barefoot on the beach
    Looking into the starry sky
    Laying down in green meadows
    Going for a walk in the rain
    Listening to classical music
    Belonging to you forever
    Having many, many children
    And loving you forever

I never curse, I'm very loyal
    Sleep, haha, sometimes in the hay
    Always breakfast to the bed
    Cooking always without fat
    A lot of poetry and also thinking
    Giving away heart and soul
    To someone who's worth it
    And when I'm gone, I'm missed by
    Coffee and cake too on Sundays
    And visiting the grandmother

Lies
    All lies
    I lie
    And cheat
    I even lie to myself
    Nobody believes me
    Nobody trusts me
    Not even means

I'm notoriously incurable
    I just promise, I don't speak
    But I really have to hurry
    The truth will come out anyway
    I deceive well, have a lot of patience
    And if you believe it, it's your own fault
    Everyone lies, but I do it much more
    I don't even believe myself anymore

Lies
    All lies
    I lie
    And cheat, yes
    I even lie to myself
    Nobody believes me
    Nobody trusts me
    Not even me
    Not even me

Among my favourites along with Schwarz, Meine Tränen, Angst and Zeit.

Adieu I’ve grown to like a lot more. I’m actually glad it goes out musically on a heavier/high note than something ballady and depressing.

I wish they’d do another record soon after this one. My word!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Been listening to Armee der Tristen, Angst and Adieu on repeat. The rest of the record is quite nice as well but these are the tracks that I think can hold up with the best tracks from their catalogue.

Only stinkers are OK and Dicke Titten while I gotta agree that they are both quite interesting musically.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    This has been posted several places, may or may not be true or final. But if so...THE HELL?! AdT was a given and should be awesome. But no Giftig? no Angst?? The RZK Muzik für Fellatio still included??? Pussy, when Dicke Titten could be so much more fun????

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Well, a little strange setlist, but overall pretty nice. Personally I would have dropped the Deutschland RMX and Zeig dich. I'm not too happy about Puppe instead of Angst and I think they should drop Ausländer and Puppe and replace them with Giftig und Dicke Titten. Diamant is kinda boring as well, but I am super happy that Heirate mich is still there!

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    At the first glance it looks 2-3 songs too long for a typical R+ show

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I wish they were playing more in the US. I can't do the travel for LA & that's the closest.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Well, a little strange setlist, but overall pretty nice. Personally I would have dropped the Deutschland RMX and Zeig dich. I'm not too happy about Puppe instead of Angst and I think they should drop Ausländer and Puppe and replace them with Giftig und Dicke Titten. Diamant is kinda boring as well, but I am super happy that Heirate mich is still there!
    Of course the setlist is subject to change until show time, but one would expect more from Zeit here. There are a few rehearsal video clips showing up on YouTube and other sites.

Was surprised that the remix was in the setlist, given what happened in 2019. Not fond of Zeig Dich and prefer Puppe as an album cut over live performance so would be pleased if Angst (or Weit Weg, or Hallomann) replaced it. I love Diamant, so if it's on the tour I'll be happy and yes, Heirate mich is that rare necrophilia song that makes one want to dance. Just retire Pussy and re-purpose the Cock Cannon to something else, please.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/e_cstwgisx4

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    And here we go, it's Duo Jatekok again for the upcoming tour as well as another piano duo - Duo Abelard. So my take for the upcoming shows is that its indeed the stadium tour 2.0 and just a continuation of the 2019 dates and we will be getting another run of shows for "Zeit" in the future.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Really digging the new album, it's refreshing, you can tell they didn't overanalyze the songs as much as past records. Hopefully they put out another in the next few years.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Prague rehearsal for Adieu.

And here's bits of Zeit and Zick Zack. Till's voice sounds great. Love Schneider practicing his stance in the ZZ opening.

Last edited by WingWalker; 05-08-2022 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    And the Zeit music video has been nominated for Best Concept Video in the Berlin Music Video Awards.

https://www.berlinmva.com/news/best-concept-2022/

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    i tried, but i'm not feeling this album, at all...

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    I’m still at a loss as to how Deutschland was the album opener for Untitled but still mid-set now. It’s strong enough to open a show without the silly remix preceding it.

Is this the first time a gig opens with the first song on the new album and closes with the last song on the album? I think it is.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I’m still at a loss as to how Deutschland was the album opener for Untitled but still mid-set now. It’s strong enough to open a show without the silly remix preceding it..

Silly remix rehearsal on YouTube, complete with stick figures. Don't understand this. Maybe too much to rework the set, and/or RZK would object? Wonder if the little room under the stage is still there?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
    Silly remix rehearsal on YouTube, complete with stick figures. Don't understand this. Maybe too much to rework the set, and/or RZK would object? Wonder if the little room under the stage is still there?
    Maybe the little room was specifically created for Till and his sadomasochism. It could be a game of roulette; pain or pleasure. He could go down there mid-concert and be confronted by two women, resulting in him going “OK” (the one alternative we’re thus far aware of for anyone reading out of the loop) and he feels relaxed the rest of the show. Other alternatives could be a masked dude waiting with a whip to strike him, resulting in the need for a more intense vocal performance for not being deemed “worthy” that night for the other half of the show. Or he could get the Ach So Gern video treatment.

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me, lol.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 05-09-2022 at 04:47 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    i tried, but i'm not feeling this album, at all...
    Me too. I don’t listen to the previous Untitled album much too
    Adieu and OK are the only tracks that stood out for me so far

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Already listened to Zeit more than the previous record since 2019 with the exception of "Deutschland". Funny how that record really seems to divide people. It might be their safest record to date, but also very mature which I totally welcome, plus I find it a little bit more interesting that the untitled one musically. Looking forward to see Radio live though. I don't like it too much on record, but it's got a nice vibe when being performed live.

So the rehearsal shows are coming up these week and we will get a proper setlist then!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    Me too. I don’t listen to the previous Untitled album much too
    Adieu and OK are the only tracks that stood out for me so far
    Liked "Schwarz" and "Adieu", the album is not terrible, but it doesn't grab me, the song order doesn't help either...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I enjoyed the album, Adieu was probably my favorite track

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    He doesn’t mention Schwarz or Adieu, and I can’t understand why he says the guitars and piano on the title track are terrible:

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    He doesn’t mention Schwarz or Adieu, and I can’t understand why he says the guitars and piano on the title track are terrible:

I can't understand why people even still give a shit what this dude says

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I can't understand why people even still give a shit what this dude says
    Agreeded, like he is some sort of trend setter or something

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

He didn't say that guitars and piano in Zeit are terrible, but rather they are a bit too simple and generic, and I have to agree with him on this one. The piano line is too simple, and sometimes less is more, but in this case the piano doesn't go anywhere, it's just there. Compare this piano (and for emphasis, go to the piano solo at the end of the Zeit video) to the "Sonne" piano added at the end of the Deutschland video, and that's a way tastier piano bit.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    He didn't say that guitars and piano in Zeit are terrible, but rather they are a bit too simple and generic, and I have to agree with him on this one. The piano line is too simple, and sometimes less is more, but in this case the piano doesn't go anywhere, it's just there. Compare this piano (and for emphasis, go to the piano solo at the end of the Zeit video) to the "Sonne" piano added at the end of the Deutschland video, and that's a way tastier piano bit.
    I just rewatched it and he said “they both sound terrible” - verbatim.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Album has grown on me. Zeit is one of the weaker tracks I feel.
    Flake really shines on this album

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Now that the album has been released, let's review expectations. This is what I predicted:

1.Poignant song about the lyrical I's lonely, battered heart
    2.Sequel to Pussy/Aüslander/Sex about the continuing adventures of Till Lindemann, Sexophile
    3.Something pointed about the American political scene (based on a comment Flake made during recording.) Title - Amerika II: American Psycho...?
    4.Something from "In Stillen Nächten" or "100 Gedichte" (probably not Nein, since it was, uh, already featured in Till The End)
    5.Something about the Rammstein collective. This could be Ramm4, maybe...? (But I still don't like the middle 8)
    6.Disquieting song that may be based on a real event

1. Lügen (truth), Meine Tränen (fiction)
    2. OK & Dicke Titten
    3. Angst...?
    4. Schwarz; Lügen may contain elements of You'll Die Soon from 100 Gedichte
    6. Adieu

And everyone who predicted 11 tracks, please collect your prize at the door!

I've had the album on heavy rotation since release, with emphasis on AdT, Zeit, Giftig, and Lügen. Like the Angst riff and video but just can't get into the song itself. Same for Schwarz and Adieu.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    New 30 second rehearsal clip on YouTube for opening song, with Till in his new costume.
    Last edited by WingWalker; 05-11-2022 at 05:16 PM. Reason: problem with hyperlink

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    New 30 second rehearsal clip, posting link instead of embedding video to avoid Till's costume spoiler.
    Linking to youtube automatically embeds.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    New 30 second rehearsal clip on YouTube for opening song, with Till in his new costume.
    What does the new costume look like? The blonde hair is back, right?

Also which poem was Schwarz based off?