Page 24 of 123 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I hope the new collection is a bit more like Lichtspielhaus and less like Made in Germany. The former was acutally pretty nice in my view, but I sense that they will just deliver a quick rehash of what has been on the deluxe edition of MIG with very little new artwork.

The Mein Herz brennt single would be such a great opportunity to finally release a Mutter tour DVD, but no... as I mentioned quite a few times in this thread THAT would be a relase I'd spent good money on. The ultimate pinnacle in Rammstein history for me. I'm just a bit worried that the video won't satisfy, since that song is one of my ultimate favorites, too. And I hope that the piano version won't sound anything like the Orchesterlied version on the Amerika single.

Random Rammstein thought: Winter has arrived here in Germany and Mutter is once again the most perfect album for when the leafs have finally fallen and just a tiny bit of snow covers the grass. Grabbing my coat and a pack of cigarettes and going for a long walk with my headphones on. And fuck, I can not believe that it's already been a year since I saw them here in Munich and 3 days later in Berlin. Good times, good times indeed.
    Last edited by dlb; 11-22-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    And I hope that the piano version won't sound anything like the Orchesterlied version on the Amerika single.
    Assuming you are talking about this unlistenable abonination?

Yeah, that is downright one of the worst renditions of a totally awesome song I have ever heard! I would have preferred just some remixes of this song over a string or piano version... Guess i'll wait to haer the piano version before I knock it, but i'm not expecting much based on the above track.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Yeah that's it. A first grade catastrophe.

Since the pounding chorus is what makes the song I find it hard to translate it into a stripped down setting like a piano version, so I really hope this turns out listenable. Richard once talked about the possibility of an acoustic tour or some shows at least. Well, as long as they keep it in the vain of Los then I'm fine.

Speaking of Richard... the Emigrate front has cooled down alot since May. I'm sure he is up to something, but the lack of information is all so familiar.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I really hope the vids are up-converted for the blu ray.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Hmm, the tracklist for the single isn't that great either. A typical Rammstein single with a useless remix and an instrumental.

CD-Maxi:
    1 Mein Herz brennt – Piano Version (4:31)
    2 Gib mir deine Augen (3:44)
    3 Mein Herz brennt – Video Edit (4:18)
    4 Mein Herz brennt – Boys Noize Rmx (5:00)
    5 Mein Herz brennt – Piano Instrumental (4:31)

The specs for the video collection aren't that innovative either. Apart from a BluRay being available the artwork is a rehash of the MIG artwork and I have a feeling that the 56-pages booklet will be a (reworked) MIG book all the way. I'm still looking forward to the two new videos, though!

And why they chose not to finally release the video for "Das Model" after so many years after Diana's tragic death is beyond me. The clip is finished, two girls even won a place in the video back in the day and still no one knows where it is. This video alone would be an argument enough to justify a new video collection to be released. A damn shame...
    Last edited by dlb; 11-24-2012 at 06:49 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I just hope this video collection works on my PS3 so I'm not stuck watching it on my tiny computer monitor like the MiG set.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Here's on intruiging bit of the press release following the relase of the video collection:

Ein Höhepunkt ist der “Mein Herz brennt”-Clip mit seiner Nebengeschichte. Während der Dreharbeiten fabulierten einzelne Mitglieder bereits von einem “ewigen Video”, an dem sie noch bis zu ihrem Tod arbeiten würden. Am Ende brauchte es mehrere Anläufe und zwei Regisseure, um das Monumentalwerk zu stemmen. Als Lohn der Mühe entstand dabei, neben einem der seltsamsten Videos der Bandgeschichte, auch noch ein Extra-Video mit einer Solo-Performance von Till Lindemann zur “Piano”-Version von “Mein Herz brennt”.

A highlight is the "Mein Herz brennt"-video with its background story. While filming each band member romanced about an "everlasting video" on which they'd be working until their deaths. Eventually it took several attempts and two directors to lift this monumental task. As a reward for their labor stands not only one of the most bizarre videos in the bands history, but also an additional video of a solo-performance by Till Lindemann for the "piano-version" of "Mein Herz brennt".

Big words. Let's see...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Any info on whether the video collection is a DVD only release or will it also be released on Blu-ray?

EDIT: NVM found it
    http://www.rammstein.de/videos-1995-2012-bluray/
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 11-24-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Solo MHB w/ Till on piano? Sign me up, that sounds badass!

I will say though, the quality of R+ remixes has gone downhill ever since Reise, Reise. Some of the older remixes i like more than the original! Especially the mixes of Stripped on the single for that song, the Charlie Closure mixes were great and i loved the Psilonaut mix (it was cool to see that on Made in Germany). The Clawfinger mixes of Du Hast and Sonne are worth checking out, as are the Jacob Hellner mixes of both Du Hast and the various Du Riechst So Gut mixes that he did.

Hopefuly Best Buy will carry the Blu-Ray, i hate dealing with shipping.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, the CD single tracklisting is kind of a letdown, but when you think about it, remixes have NEVER been Rammstein's strong point, almost ever.

The 2 worthwhile CD singles that I recall are Stripped and DRSG '98, those were solid remix collections of those songs. But look at some of the guys who did those remixes, big name guys... KMFDM, Charlie closure etc... Nowadys Rammstein get a bunch of techno artists to remix their songs, and they don't transition well.

A heavy-metal/industrial song turned into a 5-6 minute techno rave tune doesn't work. There were some decent ones during the Mutter phase, I think there were some Clawfinger and Manson ones, but that's also when they started going down hill.

At this point, I would have much rather had some new songs. Even if they were another collection of rare/unrelease B-sides spanning from their last 15 years in a collection, I would have much perferred that over this. HOWEVER, with that said... I never got a chance to grab the ultra deluxe MiG super steel box collection and I didn't think it was worth the cash, but still really wanted a collection of all their videos, so this release actually caters to me.

While some might say it's a cash in, especially after how they just released all their videos last year under Made in Germany, I feel the general public, asside from a few hardcores, passed up on that collection as it was just too expensive and too limited of a release. I support their decision to do it in this format, and I will be 100% picking up a copy of this for my own collection.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Reise/Rosenrot era also had pretty good remixers: Laibach, Apocalyptica, Pet Shop Boys, Tweaker, Alec Empire etc.. LIFAD is when they went downhill.

Edit: isn't there also a Mogwai remix of Mein Land? Is it good?
    Last edited by fillow; 11-25-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I like it personally, definitely one of their better remixes. But yeah, I'm not too fond of any R+ remixes really. The Paul Kalkbrenner remix of Haifisch is also quite decent.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    the Meshuggah version of "Benzin" is incredible – works amazingly well with Till's vocal style.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Yes I love that remix.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Benzin was the last single of theirs i bought.

I bought the singles box set back in like 1998 or something, and that had all the singles up to like DRSG98 and Stripped, which i bought at a Disc Jockey music store i believe? It was so long ago and its hard to remember! Anyways, i got back into it around the Reise, Reise period, and bought all those singles up until Benzin new.

As for the Mutter era, man that got expensive dealing with ebay. I got my copies of Sonne and Ich Will for waaaaaaaay too much on ebay.de, regardless, as a collector of music, they were worth it!

I started listening to them again in 2010 after not listening to them much at all after 2007. I cant believe i missed their tours of the states! I saw them twice when i was younger, the Family Values tour in 1998 and again on their tour for Sehnsucht (with Soulfly and Mindless self indulgence).

I do hope they decide to tour the states again, twice was not enough (especialy it being so long ago!!)!!!!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Rammstein

I'm on the hunt for the mutter single that's going for way too much.

Also still have to complete my sehnsucht collection.

Having responsibilities suck.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I really hope the vids are up-converted for the blu ray.
    Well one assumes they are unlikely to release the postage stamped!
    They'll only be able to make them looks so good though, I guess there'll have to be a bit of blur and digital smoothing to clean up the jaggy edges from scaling. Seems an odd move to bother really...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    was thinking about picking up Lichtspiel... dvd the other day. the new release is going to invalidate that one, right?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Well, yes and no. There is live footage from the Herzeleid era through the Mutter era on Licthspielhaus.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfAtom View Post
    Well one assumes they are unlikely to release the postage stamped!
    They'll only be able to make them looks so good though, I guess there'll have to be a bit of blur and digital smoothing to clean up the jaggy edges from scaling. Seems an odd move to bother really...
    unless they had film rolls around to re-scan :O

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    A good chunk will have been shot on video tape I'd have thought. Dunno what the band will have, but the label archives aren't likely to be much better then digi-beta master or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Assuming you are talking about this unlistenable abonination?

Yeah, that is downright one of the worst renditions of a totally awesome song I have ever heard! I would have preferred just some remixes of this song over a string or piano version... Guess i'll wait to haer the piano version before I knock it, but i'm not expecting much based on the above track.
    it sounds nothing like this.
    Last edited by ManOfAtom; 11-27-2012 at 06:21 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Two shows at the Wuhlheide in Berlin have been announced for May 24/25th. I'm probably gonna fly over for at least one.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Rammstein

I hope it's a bit different than the mig tour.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    My gut feeling is that it'll be basically MiG without the second stage and perhaps a few song changes. I think the earlier southern European shows will just get the MiG setup and Wuhlheide will debut the festival setup.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    If I didn't have so much planned this year trip wise, i'd consider going to one of those Berlin shows. Actually, our original intention was to go overseas sometime this year, mix it up a bit. Me and my Girlfriend always just stay in North America for our yearly vacations. Like to see more of the world.

But with a good friends Wedding and the possibility of NIN touring again, Rammstein will have to take the back seat. I've already jumped the gun and booked off the week after coachella in case NIN does tour around that time. My work is kinda silly, if you don't get in your Quarter 1 vacation by December 15th (Jan 1-April 30) you don't get to go at all. I hate how my work does vacation picking. The next step is starting march 15-30 you get to bid on the rest of the year. Who the bloody hell knows what days they need off that far in advance!? My vacation time usually gets picked based on the concerts that get arounced around North America. Soemtimes concerts don't get announced until a month before they go on tour. Ridiculious!!! Sorry for the rant, LOL.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I really want to go at the 25th but I'm not sure if I'll have the money for that. accomodation is not a problem but as I don't have a car and train tickets are a pain in the ass I shall see into getting a cheap flight or someone who is willing to drive down to Berlin with me.

If some of you and I end up going we should have a few beers for sure!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    oh wel...

apart from that the video kollektion is available for preorder on the German amazon and goes for 27,95€ (36$), the BluRay is 28,99€ (approx. 37$). the single is currently at 6,99€ (9$).

I hope you can change the cover of the video collection to whatever bandmember you like.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    http://soundcloud.com/haiku-flugschau

Could this mean that we are finally getting a proper HQ quality of Stirbt Nicht Vor Mir? I fucking hope so.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)