Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1303

Thread: The COVID-19 coping thread

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    It's going to be 2022... or 2020 II (COVID blues)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I've been in NYC like a total of 5 weeks since June. I got back here Sunday night and leave next Monday.

My 45/Q-Anon/anti-vaxxer roommate, whom I've not spoken to since last spring after he robbed me of several hundred dollars for his coke hobby, has COVID. We still do not speak, but his room is right next to mine and he does not have an indoor voice, so I hear everything he says.

I noticed he was coughing and then yesterday heard him tell someone he went to the hospital on Thursday night and tested positive. Is still refusing the vaccine and is raging out on anyone who he speaks to on the phone for not getting back to him over the weekend - as if what he is experiencing is their fault. Bro, you had an option you refused for almost a year now due to nothing other than trying to own the libs and you expect healthcare providers to drop everything and care for you over folx who cannot be medically cleared for the vaccine?

I am going to be fucking LIVID if I get this shit from him. I only ever leave my room to go to the bathroom when I'm here, so I'm hoping that us largely staying in separate spaces will be enough. But we also only have one bathroom, and I'm 1,000% positive he isn't sanitizing and cleaning it after he is done. I've made it this long without ever even needing to get a COVID test. Now I'm paranoid and feel like I should go every day before my flight on Monday.

I AM NEVER EVEN HERE POFGHJUDAIL;FHJDIL;IAHWF;L KAHFNREgJKL'

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    JESUS @Sarah K I’m assuming you can’t break the lease? That’s SO fucked up!!!!

I hope you don’t get Covid.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    JESUS @Sarah K I’m assuming you can’t break the lease? That’s SO fucked up!!!!

I hope you don’t get Covid.
    No lease, but I am applying for jobs and trying to relocate soon, so I don't want to sign one! Finally make enough money and have a high enough credit score to rent my own place here, but I'm beyond over it. On top of the roommate fuckery, all of the things that make the COL here somewhat worth it are now gone. So you're just paying out the ass to sit at home. I am extremely thankful for my time here and what I accomplished, but it is definitely time to close this chapter and start the next one.

Work is being performative and forcing us to be on-site one goddamn day per week. For a long time I could talk my way out of it or use a vacation day each day I was supposed to be there, but I guess the cabinet-level administrators started noticing so now my departmental supervisors are asking me to show up more often.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Coping today with...

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Aaaaaaand, I’m positive. Told to quarantine for 10 days. I flew back here to work like 2.5 hours (boiler was out that day), get an illness I’ve successfully avoided for 2 years, and get more angry than I can remember being since like my early 20s.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Aaaaaaand, I’m positive. Told to quarantine for 10 days. I flew back here to work like 2.5 hours (boiler was out that day), get an illness I’ve successfully avoided for 2 years, and get more angry than I can remember being since like my early 20s.
    sorry sarah k. hope you feel better asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    that truly sucks, hopefully it passes quickly.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    That is such fucking bullshit. I don't blame you for being really pissed off. I hope you tell off everybody who needs to know. And that you don't get very sick and get past it really soon.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-08-2022 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Typo

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So my MIL who invited the unvaxxed into her home for Christmas got covid. Then her brother did. Now her husband has it. It's been a full week of Covid over there, rolling from person to person. Now that they're all under the gun (so to speak) my wife was asked to bring some food / cat litter / etc. over. I told her that she's going to have to do it with no contact because we got too damn lucky to not get it the first time.

The two-year-old nephew is getting better, so that's great for him. Way too young to get the shots anyway and this is what happened? man if I were his parents I'd be pissed about the whole thing. But they're both idiots so probably one is pissed because she always is and he's oblivious to the bigger "my mom / step-brother almost killed my kid" situation.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I genuinely have no idea what's a "healthy" amount of COVID paranoia anymore. I see folks talking about only going out with a full-on 3M respirator (outlet filtered) and I'm like, yeah, sure, this seems normal. Doesn't help that I've been unemployed for nearly a year, so I just... don't leave home except for groceries.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Second oldest person in the world (117) contracted COVID and survived it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucile_Randon

Lucile Randon (born 11 February 1904), also known as Sister André, is a French supercentenarian and nun, who at the age of 117 years, 330 days, is the world's second-oldest verified living person, behind Kane Tanaka. She is the fourth-oldest verified person, second-oldest French person and second-oldest person in Europe ever.[1] She is also the oldest person known to have been infected with COVID-19, from which she recovered without any symptoms, after testing positive for it days before her 117th birthday.[2][3]

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessly View Post
    I genuinely have no idea what's a "healthy" amount of COVID paranoia anymore. I see folks talking about only going out with a full-on 3M respirator (outlet filtered) and I'm like, yeah, sure, this seems normal. Doesn't help that I've been unemployed for nearly a year, so I just... don't leave home except for groceries.
    For me, with a child under 2 years old (yeah, born right at the beginning of all this), the not-knowing of how risky things actually are is absolute torture. We are still working from home as much as possible, which for a pair of stagehands by training and new parents, is a pretty fucking difficult pivot.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Updates since I haven’t posted in a year:

- grandmother passed because of Covid in October.

- I got it in early December. Luckily, it was pretty mild for me.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Updates since I haven’t posted in a year:

- grandmother passed because of Covid in October.

- I got it in early December. Luckily, it was pretty mild for me.
    i’m so sorry to hear about your grandmother but glad to hear it was mild for you.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    FYI to US folks, https://www.covidtests.gov/ launched a day early. Go ahead and put in your household order (if you can get the site to load...).

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I saw Joy Reid’s announcement about it at around 1:00 a.m on Twitter and I ordered ours, it was super easy at 1:30 a.m. lol. Received my confirmation.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Ordered the four for my house yesterday as well. fairly easy.

Small problem though: if you're in an apartment they don't know how to do that. Yes, the USPS doesn't know how to differentiate between apartments. So if Apartment 1 orders a set, apartments 2-infinity cannot because that street address has reserved the amount allotted. Really stupid.

EDIT:

Also.

Last edited by allegate; 01-19-2022 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Around Christmas, my mum comes and visits for a nice chat and to exchange cards and whatnot. This is fine and good.
    As we're talking this year, she says they've kept our niece at home for remote learning through the year and I'm supportive of it (by they, I mean my sister and her husband) and grandma comes over to supervise while the parents are working. This is also fine and good.
    And then she says her and my dad are planning on an international (going to Hawaii from Canada) vacation in January and I breakdown and get angry. She knows I've been inside all last year due to COVID concerns and then drops this... (coupled with some other social behaviours, like out of town dinners).
    I say they've kept her grand daughter out of school for these concerns and she's like *shrug* (I mean, obviously she hand't thought about it particularly much and being confronted with their selfish behaviour wasn't ever going to get much of a proper reply).

After she left, I felt terrible for days for breaking down and being all emotional with her about it.

A couple of days ago they left on vacation.
    Yes, they have a double vax and a booster but right now... that's hardly comforting.

I'm so fucking angry with them.

And because they pay in part for my monthly medication and am actually in fear of losing that funding I can't exactly do what I need to do about it... aside from whenever they visit now, they have to wear a mask. I can't fucking trust them.

SO VERY ANGRY

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Working with kids, I would've done this same thing, lmao

"PA School District apologizes after teacher caught taping mask to student's face"
    https://nypost.com/2022/01/21/north-...students-face/

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    lol, that’s me.

The gas station around the corner had the saliva test at home variant yesterday. They’re becoming more common down here now.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    This still isn't over.

Protective regulations are being dropped and it will only makes things worse again.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    This still isn't over.

Protective regulations are being dropped and it will only makes things worse again.
    that is definitely my fear. it’s like a pendulum swinging and less and less people care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm getting the same vibes now that I did back in Mar./Apr. 2020... I don't like it man. I don't like it at all.

Troy and I are going to making a pillow fort...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I woke up this morning to a covid notification on my phone. "Someone you came in contact with on April 29-30 had covid. Take precautions."

Great, so, you know I was around them but it was one of those days and you're not sure which? it's called a digital trail so it should be pretty specific. that or I was around the person multiple times? either way it should be "you were in Safeway at 7:48 when they passed by you", not this guessing bullshit.

I'm more pissed about the vagueness, really. I still wear my mask everywhere unless I'm out of doors. I'll just keep an eye on my temps and continue to mask everywhere.