Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: With Teeth: Tentative Sequence

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Well, I see that we certainly kept you busy going back and forth on the Wiki edits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Our OCD is not to be messed with!
    I fully admit that I've been a little bored in my downtime lately. LOL.
    Last edited by piggy; 06-15-2021 at 06:11 AM.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I fully admit that I've been a little bored in my downtime lately. LOL.
    If I didn't get back to work this week, I'd have been dangerously close to building a better fake - just to show how to do it in a way that, at the very least, would be harder to disprove. I would criticize the use of the DE audio as an amateur move, but by that same token, not immediately checking against the DE audio was a pretty rookie move on my part, so no throwing stones in glass houses

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    If I didn't get back to work this week, I'd have been dangerously close to building a better fake - just to show how to do it in a way that, at the very least, would be harder to disprove. I would criticize the use of the DE audio as an amateur move, but by that same token, not immediately checking against the DE audio was a pretty rookie move on my part, so no throwing stones in glass houses

Nah, if I'd invest all that time, I'd suggest to go real sneaky, make up an entire different fake NIN version of choice, upload it and then sit down and watch ETS unfold while having a good glass of wine.

... or you could get another hobby

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Some guy did that last year with a bogus TDS-era remix album, then got run out of town for trying to pass it off as legit, I remember..

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Then you remember wrong.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    No, I remember just fine, thanks. We haven't seen them since. Katana or whatever their name was..

The sad thing is, those remixes were actually pretty good. Maybe if they'd have released it on Archive.org instead..

*Edit* It was this person (Katara): https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...rs/2232-katara

Hasn't been around since September of last year. The ironic thing is, their very last post is claiming someone uploaded it to Archive.org without their consent. Hmm, that's a curious twist..
    Last edited by Prettybrokenspiral; 06-16-2021 at 03:26 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thread bump!

Was just thinking about this cd recently, and I can’t recall if this ever saw the light of day! I see fake stuff was posted to the web archive, but did anyone ever convince the dude to rip it and post/share it with anyone?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Thread bump!

Was just thinking about this cd recently, and I can’t recall if this ever saw the light of day! I see fake stuff was posted to the web archive, but did anyone ever convince the dude to rip it and post/share it with anyone?
    No, I do not believe that has to this day ever surfaced..

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    @TheBang @piggy - are images still around showing Cover It Up, Good Day and The End we can add to ninwiki?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Yep, definitely time for that ETS-curated interview with Trent that I keep saying needs to happen. He can’t hide then.

edit: Just to remind everyone what was said by the owner a year ago and Rob Sheridan’s response to it:

I have one that has a date of 11-30-04. My cousin got if from a friend of his that worked as an intern at Interscope. He knew I was a fan, so now it’s mine. I think it’s legit. Probably turning in the track sequence to interscope to show the progress being made. “Cages” is RWIB. Mine also has demos of other songs from the era, Non Entity and Not So Pretty Now. There’s also demos of songs called Good Day , The End and Cover it Up. Cover it Up is the exact same music as The Idea of You, just different lyrics.

Rob:

Looks like one of the in-house ones I made on a home printer (hence the bootleg look) for TR to send out to the label & other contacts. Very weird to see that in the wild... Similar story to this one someone asked me about the other day:

Wow, that appears to be one of the ones I made (printing out on a home printer on cut-out CD insert template paper) that we sent out to record industry people and potential collaborators. That's even more rare than an official promo CD.

He then went on to allude to “Cover It Up,” “New Day” and “The End” being legit, but couldn’t comment further out of respect for TR. I can’t find that particular tweet now.

This still excites me.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 12-18-2022 at 06:53 PM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    @TheBang @piggy - are images still around showing Cover It Up, Good Day and The End we can add to ninwiki?
    I just added them.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I just added them.
    All The Love In The World (Demo)
    Getting Smaller Every Day (Demo) and
    Home (Demo)

would all be nice to have too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really want to hear those demos

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackryder2025 View Post
    I really want to hear those demos
    I think we all want to hear this stuff!

The fact that this stuff made it to Interscope offices and shared enough that we know of its existence, I'm just surprised it hasn't leaked in some way after almost 18 years. Of course, I guess the same thing could be said for those PHM demos of Terrible Lie and Sin that we know exist. Stranger things have leaked after all.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I think part of it is those people who collect just to say they have it and to - more or less - lord it over those who cannot hear it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I think part of it is those people who collect just to say they have it and to - more or less - lord it over those who cannot hear it.
    That is certainly something that happens a lot in the live tape trading community, people hoarding rare recordings, either to retain the exclusivity or to try and get something equally as rare in a trade. For something like this, I imagine part of it is not wanting to incur the wrath of TR and Interscope Records who hold the rights.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    That is certainly something that happens a lot in the live tape trading community, people hoarding rare recordings, either to retain the exclusivity or to try and get something equally as rare in a trade. For something like this, I imagine part of it is not wanting to incur the wrath of TR and Interscope Records who hold the rights.
    It could easily be leaked anonymously, though.

I've always been of the mindset of if it's there, share it. We aren't at an archaeological dig site.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

lmao

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    So, I just noticed that image actually lists additional tracks at the bottom. For posterity's sake, it is listed like this (to my eyes: https://www.nin.wiki/With_Teeth_(hal...nfinished2.jpg )

CD_01_

All_The_Love_In_The_World_(Demo)_
    You_Know_What_You_Are?_
    The_Collector_
    The_Hand_That_Feeds_
    Love_Is_Not_Enough_
    Every_Day_Is_Exactly_The_Same_
    With_Teeth_
    Only_
    Getting_Smaller_Every_Day_(Demo)_
    Sunspots_
    The_Line_Begins_To_Blur_
    Beside_You_In_Time_
    Cages_(Demo)_

_CD_02

_Non_Entity_(Demo)
    _Cover_It_Up_(Demo)
    _Not_So_Pretty_Now_(Demo)
    _Home_(Demo)
    _Good_Day_(Demo)
    _The_End_(Demo)
    Last edited by Erneuert; 12-20-2022 at 09:31 PM.