Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Code Orange

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Sounds like Powerman 5000. This is not a compliment.
    Before listening: "Oh, come on! it can't be that bad"

15 seconds into the track: "Oh..."

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Song is not bad but it is no Forever in sound. However, reading all the hate is harsh. There is nothing wrong with this song, sure it might not be the Code Orange you wanted but it’s still the same band. It’s a bit more melodic and commercial but it’s still very good. I’d say it’s more accessible and good on them for it.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Fuck it, I like it. As a guy who gobbled up all the metal-indus wannabes during the 90-2000ies, I dig that sound, it's efficient, straightforward, I don't have to go all high brow just so I can get it... Probably helps that I was a bit late on the Code Orange bandwagon, so there's nothing really jarring here for me.

I also appreciate that there's a band around still doing something I can instantly like and hasn't washed out yet. There's loads of indus bands around, few I really listen just for the hell of it, many are way too old now to release something that doesn't sound tired as hell. So yeah, bring it on, I'll buy that !

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    This piece of shit track is a big fat NOPE. Cringe Olympics. I am, sadly, fully checking out from them going forward. You can hear the NIN influence on this track, and of course the Powerman too. I can't imagine how the rest of the album is gonna sound if this is what they're doing now. Doubt I'll be seeing them at This Is Hardcore any time soon. I DO hope they are successful & make all the $ they clearly are trying to make by going in this direction. I don't think it will work but what do I know.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I’m usually quick to defend this band but I’m not feeling that new song either.
    But y’know, I bet it’ll help them snag a few fans from the Korn crowd next year.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Picked up a tour shirt last night at the Korn tour, and in classic Code fashion, they're hiding clues in the design about the next album. At the very bottom there's a Blue Panther and Red Panther and a numerical code above it that translates to "PICK YOUR POISON". This is exactly how they announced Underneath at the end of the Forever cycle so I'm excited to see how they incorporate Matrix themes into the new album.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Two brand new songs released today and they F U C K

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Yeah this is what I want out of them. Let's see what else is on this album though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I'm sure the haters are gonna have a field day with this, but I really dig it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah I didn't care for it, but I'm too old to hate on too many things anymore lol.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    There are parts of that song that are good, but the Corgan feature is awful & unnecessary, the video is awful, and the over seriousness of everything image-wise with them now is too much to take. But yeah I like the song well enough without Billy Corgan on it.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 08-01-2023 at 04:20 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I wasn’t crazy about Corgan’s guest spot at first either but it’s warmed on me. I found myself humming the melody he sings in a couple of days ago randomly.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Digging these new songs, this one is my favorite so far. Love the 90s/trip-hop vibe & Sledgehammer-esque visual. Always down for more Reba vocals. Makes me want more Adventures.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Really enjoying The Above. Love them leaning ultra hard into the 90s grunge sound on a lot of these tracks. Albini surely had a huge influence in that. Mask of Sanity and Drone Opting Out of The Hive are probably my favorites so far.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Really bummed that's not coming to KC. Teenage Wrist and Code would be such a blast to see together.