Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
even so, i like to think that db intended them to be released at this time in this fashion.
And i hope there's another one around the corner.
If I could find this article I read interviewing Tony Visconti last January he said that Bowie's approach to the studio during the Blackstar sessions was different from any other time he had worked with him. He said Bowie was very prepared with demos made in advance of the sessions, he said before Bowie would work on music while in the studio. He also said when Blackstar was completed Bowie had done more demos for another album but passed away before they could start on it. If I can find the article I will post it.

I have been thinking about this a lot and this is purely speculation on my part but I started to think all the areas of Bowie's career where unreleased material could exist. First there has always been the widely speculated soundtrack Bowie did for "The Man Who Fell To Earth" which has been said became the Low album. However it has been speculated that there is an albums worth of material there. Then there are the sessions he did with Iggy Pop in Switzerland, and Berlin which became Low, Heroes, The Idiot, (this really excites me because this is the period in his career that I love). Also during the Lodger sessions Bowie recorded music in Berlin, New York, and Japan. There has also been speculation with regards to those sessions as well. My source for where these sessions took place is the book "Bowie In Berlin". After the Scary Monsters sessions Bowie did work with Giorgio Moroder for the Cat People soundtrack and there is also speculation of unreleased material there. I also speculate that the reunion of Bowie and Eno for the Outside sessions has material as well.

With the release of the box sets like Five Years 1969-1973 and Who Can I Be Now 1974-1976, the Berlin sessions are next. This is the one that really peaks my interests because Rykodisk sort of skipped over this period with their releases and there has been talk of box sets coming out for years for Low, Heroes, and Lodger as well as Scary Monsters. So what is to come next could be very interesting if they decide to address this area of his career.