Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
Glad to hear your mother's doing better.

My husband tested positive Monday. He isolated in our house last Saturday when he started not feeling well.

I got my positive yesterday, so he was able to finally leave the bedroom and get his own food and drinks. I can't smell which is very strange indeed. We both have coughing. He had a ton of back pain (I didn't). Both have headaches. I cough stuff up (he doesn't). I have asthma (he doesn't). Anyway things are stable.

That said, I'm afraid to ask this on reddit etc. because people are so hostile... But the studies seem very clear. Once you have it, there's 3 months of immunity (more recent studies are saying 6 months but being conservative I'm sticking with 3). Yes there are an extremely small number of reinfections. After researching it, the number seems to be less than 30 cases documented worldwide with less than a handful in the 3 month period. I didn't look up total worldwide cases but less than 30 out of them seems a super super small risk.

I take it if we are immune for 3 months we can't catch it and we can't spread it either. So if we recover, what is the downside (to us or people we'd come in contact with) of traveling (taking a much needed vacation, flight, hotels, etc.) or eating out or even (gasp) going to a bar? I haven't ate out (not even takeout) since February and really have not done anything and avoid going anywhere.

If post-covid people are immune for a while why don't we see gatherings advertised for covid recovered people? Even a convert would seem to be safe if the artist and all attendees were recovered from covid....

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
because it sets a bad example. just like all the irresponsible people going out to eat and having parties and acting like there isn't a pandemic sets an example for people who are on the fence about doing those activities, and emboldens them to take the risk, which is why the virus keeps spreading.