Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    *cough* pm? *cough*

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    spoiler...

JESUS THIS ALBUM IS FUCKING AMAZING 9/10

Review:

1. How to Look Naked - 7/10 Perfect opener, raw vocals. Awesome song to drink to.

2. We Light Up - 7/10 Keep drinking. Party anthem of the album.

3. I Want You To - 4/10 Good track but would rather have seen a new song than a Underworld OST re release.

4. The Girl In Black - 8/10 Awesome fuckin song. Sounds like a With Teeth b-side.

5. The Colour Escapes - 8/10 Bono?

6. Tiger By the Tail - 6/10 What the fuck were you on man? Crazy vocals.

7. Your Head... - 6/10 Cool little track.

8. Torch From The Sky - 9.5/10 Fucking EPIC intermission track. The entire song is amazing.

9. Because of You - 8/10 Awesome straight rock song. Possible single.

10. Splayed - 7/10 Crazy ass punk song pt. 1

11. Scream Hallelujah - 7/10 Crazy ass punk song pt. 2

12. Bakelite - 8/10 Nice change of pace after the previous two tracks.

13. Burn The World - 9/10 Really cool moody track. (Cruel Melody leftover?)

14. Grinning Like a Slit - 8/10 I love the instrumentation in this song. Cool guitar work.

15. TMYRYGTF - 10/10 PERFECT classic Wes Borland. Although this is an altered version from the original 8 min via the Borland Gallery site. None the less an amazing piece of work.

All in all this album beats Cruel Melody out of the fucking park. I loved CM but after listening to this, all of the songs on CM seem over produced. Now I understand the route Wes wanted to take with CM but didn't because of Danny Lohner. According to Wes, Wes didn't like the mixes of CM.

To get an idea, this situation is similar to Pearl Jam's Ten going into VS. Vedder hated the over produced commercial mixes of Ten so they made VS. more raw.

The Moment You Realize You're Going to Fall is just that. A raw plethora of sporadic moods and psychedelic tantrums revolving around the ever creepy and undeniably mesmerizing allure of Wes Borland. This is a mix of punk infused/80's goth rock for the NIN generation. If you are looking for Cruel Melody do not venture here. If you do give the WHOLE album a shot, I believe you will be pleased that you did and you will hear an album that is a fresh aenima
    to this time of Biebers and Carly Rae whatevers.

Happy listening.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Good album but I actually like and prefer Cruel Melody more.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I would love to be pointed in the right direction for this record....pm please

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    how good is the leak? otherwise you might want to wait until tomorrow because that's when the album drops in Europe. Some people might already have it as of today.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    how good is the leak? otherwise you might want to wait until tomorrow because that's when the album drops in Europe. Some people might already have it as of today.
    The one I have is only 192kpbs.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Shit I was planning on picking this up today but none of the best buys in my area carry it. Is it available in any BB stores? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....equestid=20269

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Finally got the vinyl in the mail! Can't wait to listen to this thing. My player's all packed up, but I'm gonna burn the digital copy to a CD/put it on my iPod and listen to it while I'm packing and driving around with friends before I move tomorrow.

Also, if no one else noticed, you can buy the bonus track "My Gun" on iTunes without buying the entire album. Had to get it. :P

AND...I don't think anyone'll care, but in case someone else got the vinyl and wanted to know what number I got, it was 872/1000, with ink from 871 imprinted on the front from when they were stacked on top of each other.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 08-14-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I love how everyone is wigging out on this album.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I dig it sooo much! I'm only about halfway, but I haven't hit a song I don't like. The Color Escapes is gorgeous, and even the newly mixed version of I Want You To sounds pretty slick - I think I like it better than the Underworld version, but the differences are subtle.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Bonus track War for those who haven't heard it

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's out? Or just leaked? Forgot all about it. Gonna have to get this when I get home.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    yep the album was released earlier in the week.
    Haven't found download links for the bonus tracks though, sucks being an international fan where I can't buy any of the bonus tracks to support the band argh.

My Gun is a lot better than War from the streams I heard.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    is there a digital booklet available? haven't seen anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If anyone's interested, there's a new Black Light Burns board up and running — http://blacklightboards.org/index.php.

Come join us!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I loved the first album, but thought the follow up sucked.

This album, however, is badass. Loving it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    If anyone's interested, there's a new Black Light Burns board up and running — http://blacklightboards.org/index.php.

Come join us!
    I'll have to sign up in a bit. It seems like this board gets a lot more activity than CruelMelody.net or whatever it was.

Also, since the album's out now, and it's got a different version - Does anyone wanna hook me up with a PM about where I can download the original version of "The Moment In Which You Realize You Are Going To Fall?" The album version's great, but I really like the older one, too...Thanks in advance!

Shit. I just wanted to say I love how natural and human this album sounds. The unpolished and strained vocal work is PERFECT for this project

Here's a pretty good interview, too. http://www.antiquiet.com/interviews/...k-light-burns/
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 08-16-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    CDJapan has the new album with both bonus tracks. Anyone know if the import version on Amazon is the same one?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I finally managed to snag myself a physical copy of the album after failed attempts at other stores. I went in having heard snippets already, but upon hearing the tracks in full I was blown away. Sure, Wes' lyrics are a bit odd at times, but this is Wes Borland we're talking about. I feel this album is a better representation of himself through music than Cruel Melody and he sounds like he's much more comfortable with the sound he presents on this album. On the note of his vocal abilities, I feel that he is intentionally sounding "off" in parts for effect. You can clearly tell he can sing just fine on other tracks. My favorite track, so far, is "The Girl in Black."

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Read the interview! He talks about different sounds that can be heard on the album and about his vocal recording style. A very good read if you enjoy the album!

So far I haven't really given most tracks a chance since I got stuck with the amazing first half of the record. But I already agree with what you guys said, that this is a far more typical record for Borland than cruel melody was. I'm just surprised that nothing sounds like Limp Bizkit. Only the title track bares some resemblance to his guitar-sound that he used on chocolate starfish.

It's far from being a life-altering record though, but it is definitely filled with great ideas and sheer creativity. A perfect hard hitting record for the summer to me.
    Last edited by dlb; 08-18-2012 at 07:03 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Is the booklet worth having/has some nice WB paintings in it? Or do I just get the dl?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Gets better with every listen.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Apparently Limp Bizkit is finito, looks like we might get a lot more attention toward BLB now thank goodness

Album no.3 could be a heck of a lot faster if that's the case.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Please tell me that is true

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I thought I read somewhere last week that Fred said that he's gearing up for finishing The Unquestionable Truth part 2 AND a new full-length soon. No idea how far along they are, but it seems like he's giving himself time to work on it, which is totally fine, because that'll just give Wes more time to work on the next BLB release, which he's apparently already started brainstorming for.

I think Tiger By The Tail is one of the most haunting songs on this album for me. It's such a simple song, but the music during every verse just gives me chills

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Pretty sure LB is still active. Think they signed with Cash Money... But I also saw something about the new album. Hopefully they split again though.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    http://www.complex.com/music/2012/08...bizkit-is-over

http://gawker.com/5935624/end-of-an-...bizkit-is-over

I got those two links, i don't know how direct of a confirmation it is could just be Mr. Durst with a lack of confidence, could be blown out of proportion...

Anyways it's been spreading around the net like wild fire and at this point i guess it's just an assumption that LB is done. I took a peek at Freddy's twitter page but didn't see anything to confirm so not entirely sure.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    http://www.nme.com/news/limp-bizkit/65573

The main man, Fred 'D-Bag' Durst stated it himself.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Fuck....... Wes Borland just said this:

LB has not called it quits. That article is insane. Thanks for your concerns, but we're all good over here.

https://twitter.com/wesborland/statu...10554884288512

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    May be so but

Black Light Burns > Limp Dickshit