Thread: Marilyn Manson Sexual Abuse Allegations

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    I do have to say, I am getting a little tired of people all over the place saying "HOW did you not see that he was horrible and abusive!? He's been for years! The writing was on the wall! Didn't you read this interview from 200x?!"

I'm not going to say that's as logically flawed as victim blaming, and it's definitely not as awful in intent, but it is annoying. I dunno! I kinda grew up, stopped listening to music like that really, and every time I turned on the news he seemed like a repulsive, flailing human being, and so I stopped paying attention to his life story. At this point, it's not about him it's about his victims. And so this similar sorta thing, where people are saying "she should have seen what a horrible person he is!!! Why didn't she read this interview or whatever" are missing the point a little I think, and being awful. That stuff actually is victim-blaming, and it's disgusting.

For the past 20 or so years I have been pretty much actively ignoring what he's been up to though, so I just thought he was a shitty person with a clown shock act who did a lot of drugs. And apparently he hangs out with Johnny Depp, I remember hearing about that. There really hasn't been any reason for me to "keep up" with Manson
    Last edited by Jinsai; 02-02-2021 at 03:55 PM.