Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: ISN’T EVERYONE (Health/NIN collab)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Got my Loma Vista shipping notice to Canada yesterday.

Revisiting this track a lot now - I had initially said I liked the Elfman True collab more - I guess it hit harder on first listen - but I think now this really does give me more of a NIN vibe. It's so good.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sometimes I wonder how Trent picks with whom he will collaborate. David Bowie is a no-brainer, but Josh Wink? Did he hear the music and decide he was inspired? Or is he simply willing to work with a wider array of talent than people think? Have we been missing out on loads of potentially great tracks because others have been too shy or intimidated to just ask?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post
    Sometimes I wonder how Trent picks with whom he will collaborate. David Bowie is a no-brainer, but Josh Wink? Did he hear the music and decide he was inspired? Or is he simply willing to work with a wider array of talent than people think? Have we been missing out on loads of potentially great tracks because others have been too shy or intimidated to just ask?
    I think his biggest qualifier is that the artist is authentic and real with what they are doing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post
    Josh wink wrote the majority of Pretty hate machine dude.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The fact that this single sold out so quick shows there is a market for singles (vinyl, CD, physical media in general.) I think I read this had like 2000 copies available? These record exec need to authorize higher numbers. 2000 copies in the 80s or even the 90s was amateur at best. Even when something had a limited, serial numbered run there would still be represses and other versions. I get it that some people don't want to get stuck with product that doesn't sell, but when you have a band that sells, you press more.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    I get it that some people don't want to get stuck with product that doesn't sell, but when you have a band that sells, you press more.
    The current state of vinyl manufacturing is fucked. Surely that plays into the decision to do 2000 black and nothing else, at least for now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    The current state of vinyl manufacturing is fucked. Surely that plays into the decision to do 2000 black and nothing else, at least for now.
    I know that pop star had every pressing plant pumping every color imaginable out the door a couple weeks ago. The industry is probably spent.

Yes @nmitchell86 it was 2k. Seems like 800 NIN US, 200 NIN UK, 900 Health US, 100 Loma Vista. I doubt it was a record exec thing. Health/TR don't scream "we're letting labels determine what we put out" as badly as other....people....but I think there are also different drivers. Health/Loma Vista usually do have 2 variants which seems reasonable. Honestly I hope this is TR's way of saying he's not going to bilk his fans by dumping 8 variations of everything onto the market.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    I know that pop star had every pressing plant pumping every color imaginable out the door a couple weeks ago. The industry is probably spent.

Yes @nmitchell86 it was 2k. Seems like 800 NIN US, 200 NIN UK, 900 Health US, 100 Loma Vista. I doubt it was a record exec thing. Health/TR don't scream "we're letting labels determine what we put out" as badly as other....people....but I think there are also different drivers. Health/Loma Vista usually do have 2 variants which seems reasonable. Honestly I hope this is TR's way of saying he's not going to bilk his fans by dumping 8 variations of everything onto the market.

They could have done 5K, they also could have done a one per shipping address order process. Increasing the supply while limiting quantity allowed to order would also help cut out the scalpers. I appreciate not having 12 different colors and I see your point but there are more signed Ghost box sets in this world than this single. What I'm getting at is a lot of "real fans" are missing out on what should be a very reasonably priced item due to low supply and high demand. I saw how things where going and I knew that some people where going to miss out. In the FB collecting group it was reported that this single hit $200 on ebay. This is not an exotic item, the low supply was at best "underestimated" at worst "engineered." I was able to grab two more (total of three one for me and two to go around) and I'm passing them along to others right here at cost. Making something exclusive and limited should be left for truly exotic things eg TGWTDT box set. And to clarify... (after rereading this post) I'm not coming from an angry stance here but I do want my view communicated. I don't like reading "I missed this because I was at work or I was taking care of my kid and this sold out in like two hours." I also don't like the speculators who don't give a fuck about the song or the bands or whatever who are commoditizing everything.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    They could have done 5K, they also could have done a one per shipping address order process. Increasing the supply while limiting quantity allowed to order would also help cut out the scalpers. I appreciate not having 12 different colors and I see your point but there are more signed Ghost box sets in this world than this single. What I'm getting at is a lot of "real fans" are missing out on what should be a very reasonably priced item due to low supply and high demand. I saw how things where going and I knew that some people where going to miss out. In the FB collecting group it was reported that this single hit $200 on ebay. This is not an exotic item, the low supply was at best "underestimated" at worst "engineered." I was able to grab two more (total of three one for me and two to go around) and I'm passing them along to others right here at cost. Making something exclusive and limited should be left for truly exotic things eg TGWTDT box set. And to clarify... (after rereading this post) I'm not coming from an angry stance here but I do want my view communicated. I don't like reading "I missed this because I was at work or I was taking care of my kid and this sold out in like two hours." I also don't like the speculators who don't give a fuck about the song or the bands or whatever who are commoditizing everything.
    None of the marketing that I saw indicated it was limited edition. The 2k count was something that came out of a patreon interaction, the counts I captured from page inspection trickery. It was advertised well enough several days ahead of time. Just having notifications set for NIN-Halseyline revealed date/time. We had about an hour to get one on the NIN or HEALTH stores that's an eternity for something rare and we're not making $350 Ghosts decisions it was $14. Fortunately it seems the fan circles are mostly trying to cover each other at cost (~$20 shipped).

People are trying to generate an inflated market. Yes, 1 "sold" a 24 hour auction to 1 shill $214 bid and another to a BIN for $250, I'm guessing they're cross buying and will cancel the orders. When everyone gets theirs in hand next week, legitimate sales will drive it down to $30.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Just having notifications set for NIN-Halseyline revealed date/time.
    it’s back to nin hotline now
    https://twitter.com/ninhotline?s=21
    (it was fun while it lasted.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    FUCK!! Ordered from HEALTH store. Never received email receipt. Used PayPal and it shows there that somehow it’s shipping to the wrong address (didn’t think that could happen with PayPal). Anyone know anyone at the Health store?

EDIT: Fixed at midnight on a Friday night. That’s what I call GREAT customer service!
    Last edited by NIN64; 09-25-2021 at 06:54 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN64 View Post
    FUCK!! Ordered from HEALTH store. Never received email receipt. Used PayPal and it shows there that somehow it’s shipping to the wrong address (didn’t think that could happen with PayPal). Anyone know anyone at the Health store?
    Fashion@youwillloveeachother.com

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    My vinyl arrived from the HEALTH store today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey folks,

Long time member here from waaay back in the day (went by the name ihategiantspiders with a Massive Attack Mezzanine avatar)

please ignore the amateur 1st time post, I had to create a new registration as I forgot my password and no longer have access to the old email associated with my old account.

Anyway, enough waffle. I missed this 7" as I'm an idiot and I've been avoiding social media for the last two weeks, I'm so annoyed.

I was reading a few pages back and I noticed some members here managed to snag a few extra copies, I'd be extremely grateful if any of you lucky few could offer me one of your extras when they arrive with you. I'd be happy to offer well above asking price too, I simply refuse to pay those insane eBay prices. I'm based in Dublin Ireland so if you reside in the States I'm well aware that shipping could be pricey too, I'm happy to pay through the teeth to obtain one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

Quick question, does anyone know if this track will be on the upcoming Disco4 Part2?

Cheers folks.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Got mine today from the Health store. Spoiler: The reverse side etch is kinda disappointing

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    My vinyl arrived from the HEALTH store today
    same. didn't get the shirt I ordered but I just sent an email asking what to do. I know it's probably quite busy over there so I'm in no hurry.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    same. didn't get the shirt I ordered but I just sent an email asking what to do. I know it's probably quite busy over there so I'm in no hurry.
    My understanding is that the vinyl were pre-packaged so they could send them out quicker

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    My understanding is that the vinyl were pre-packaged so they could send them out quicker
    The Health IG story showed them packaging some today. I guess it could have been an old image, but those guys seem like they just immediately spit out whatever is on their mind onto their IG story.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    ah. I was just going off the shipping email that said 'this is on its way'.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I was nervous while I was away (still flew out to WNY to see family, just had to miss out on the real reason I was going to be next to Ohio last week) because I finally got an e-mail when it was sent out. I was so worried it would arrive while I was gone and I have a history of kids running around the area fucking with packages at the door, fortunately I am home now and it is currently on the truck out for delivery. I am so excited to spin this, fell in love with the track the first listen through. I do wish I had grabbed a few more to help get some in fans' hands at cost, I hope the scalped prices drop soon for anyone who missed out.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Did everyone's copies not include an inner sleeve?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Mine (from Health webstore) did not. 7" in printed sleeve (shown in photo) in a protective clear plastic sleeve.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

I honestly don't think any 7"s that I own actually have protective sleeves. :shrug:

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    I honestly don't think any 7"s that I own actually have protective sleeves. :shrug:
    Really? I don't have that many 7"s, but every other one I have does include a paper inner. Just seemed odd, but probably doesn't add much extra protection anyway.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It's pretty common for 7"s not to come with inners. I'd recommend getting some of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Big-Fudge-Pre.../dp/B07Z3QQKG2

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Reporting in from Florida that I received my copy today from Health store.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I like the song. Just bought a download (which I hate doing, I'm old).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did anyone else receive a damaged label from the Health store? The label on side B is severely bubbled up, likely from heat damage.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calx1111 View Post
    Did anyone else receive a damaged label from the Health store? The label on side B is severely bubbled up, likely from heat damage.
    Not a good sign

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Assuming my order from Health shows up in one piece, I'll have an extra copy, as my Loma order arrived today. (Like many others... wanted to hedge my bets and ensure I got one)

Would really love to trade with someone that might have gotten in on that pile of the cheap "Ashley O - On A Roll" promos that were up on eBay last year that I managed to miss out on. Can't believe none have turned up on discogs... Ugh

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk