Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: ISN’T EVERYONE (Health/NIN collab)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone got the lyrics?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tudek View Post
    Anyone got the lyrics?
    They're earlier in the thread

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Holy fuck i didn't think i'd ever hear this sound coming from Trent ever again.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    They also said they were reaching out to see if they could sell it in flac on their bandcamp tomorrow. We weren't told either way if they are allowed to.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    The news I have is there is a planned 7" for this release in addition to being on DISCO4 :: PART II.

No preorders for the single so we won't see it for awhile. Let's say *soon*
    Is this public news about the physical release or from your source? Asking for a friend who collects this stuff...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Holy fuck i didn't think i'd ever hear this sound coming from Trent ever again.
    Honestly, check out the last two HEALTH records that aren't in the "Disco" remix realm ... I think Tone Tone may enjoy!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    "Burns it down
    piggies
    stop pretending
    get what we deserve"

Yup, trent absolutely helped write the song

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    i wasn't ready

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Hook this shit directly into my veins.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Is this public news about the physical release or from your source? Asking for a friend who collects this stuff...
    Here is the story:

Whenever HEALTH is going to release something new they do listening parties for their Patreon++ and +++ members. Last month it was listed as "El Secreto." The day of the Oscars they send us all an NDA to sign. We're told the listening party will be at 9pm and won't be repeated.
    Get there at 8:45 and they're screensharing bad early 2,000's nu metal. Then they play a warning about us signing an NDA. They start playing the song and I think "oh that's fucked up that they're leaking a NIN song" then I realized it was a collaboration. Luckily I was smart enough to screen record it so I've been listening to it since.

Some details that were shared with us:
    HEALTH'S label wanted to release it way later this year but the band pushed back because Trent and Atticus were about to win an Oscar.
    7" vinyl with no preorders so it won't be out any time soon.
    The one they played for us was not the finished master supposedly. I don't really hear a difference other than it isn't a shitty screen recording.

I honestly still feel weird about sharing these details because I don't want to HEALTH in trouble with the NIN camp.
    Last edited by RJK; 05-06-2021 at 10:08 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Here is the story:

Whenever HEALTH is going to release something new they do listening parties for their Patreon++ and +++ members. Last month it was listed as "El Secreto." The day of the Oscars they send us all an NDA to sign. We're told the listening party will be at 9pm and won't be repeated.
    Get there at 8:45 and they're screensharing bad early 2,000's nu metal. Then they play a warning about us signing an NDA. They start playing the song and I think "oh that's fucked up that they're leaking a NIN song" then I realized it was a collaboration. Luckily I was smart enough to screen record it so I've been listening to it since.

Some details that were shared with us:
    HEALTH'S label wanted to release it way later this year but the band pushed back because Trent and Atticus were about to win an Oscar.
    7" vinyl with no preorders so it won't be out any time soon.
    The one they played for us was not the finished master supposedly. I don't really hear a difference other than it isn't a shitty screen recording.

I honestly still feel weird about sharing these details because I don't want to HEALTH in trouble with the NIN camp.
    @RJK I didn't see nothing, I didn't hear anything, I don't know anything. Thank you!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I don't know Health and wasn't really that excited for this. Turns out it fucking owns. Sounds like TDS, Fragile, and Year Zero went in a blender on the Make It Fresh setting and this came out. I'm not sure I want a full-on collaboration album but this insanely good.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Holy shitballs. Harsh, groovy and beautiful. Looks like I gotta check out some Health.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

There's some meta humor that Trent retweeted pitchfork.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I don't know Health and wasn't really that excited for this. Turns out it fucking owns. Sounds like TDS, Fragile, and Year Zero went in a blender on the Make It Fresh setting and this came out. I'm not sure I want a full-on collaboration album but this insanely good.
    DEATH MAGIC and VOL4 :: SLAVES OF FEAR are great starting points for NIN fans

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    DEATH MAGIC and VOL4 :: SLAVES OF FEAR are great starting points for NIN fans
    I'll gonna add that if you have the chance to see HEALTH live go for it because those tracks live are on another level.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    stole this off twitter

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Had the luxury of listening to this for the first time through the PA at my work (music venue). Excellent experience.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Here are the complete credits for the song on Tidal:

Producer: Corin Roddick, Health, Nine Inch Nails
    Composer: Atticus Ross, Benjamin Miller, Jacob Duzsik, John Famiglietti, Trent Reznor
    Lyricist: Benjamin Miller, Jacob Duzsik, Trent Reznor
    Drums: Benjamin Miller
    Guitar: Jacob Duzsik, Trent Reznor
    Mastering Engineer: Joe La Porta
    Mixer: Atticus Ross
    Recording Producer: Health, Nine Inch Nails (I don't know what this means either, in distinction to "Producer", but okay)
    Studio Personnel: Atticus Ross, Joe La Porta
    Synthesizer: Jacob Duzsik, Trent Reznor
    Vocals: Jacob Duzsik, Trent Reznor

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    This song is about Richard Patrick, right? (I kid!)

Pretty good! I think I was expecting something a little heavier on the first listen, so it kind of took me by surprise. Now gimme dat download!
    he’s gonna tell people that now.

i love this song. reznorrific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gimme a full album of it

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I love this pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    ...When can I preorder this LP already?
    Certainly one of those "I don't care what else you put on the album I'm buying it so let me commit now".

Edit: On another note; Big thanks to Apple Music for analyzing the track and auto-playing Dani California after it ended.[/s]
    Last edited by ekrekel; 05-06-2021 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    This song is amazing, exactly what I was hoping for. Not too hip to Health but may check them out. I just wish TR was the singer on all their songs

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I love the contrast between voices on this. Probably will buy it on ITunes and Bandcamp if it becomes available to throw some money at Health. I bought one of their albums around the time they were previously doing something with TR (weren't they in his studio recording a song?) and really liked it but I'm just crap at keeping up with artists - also it doesn't look like they've released all that much so I may as well get the other stuff too
    Last edited by WorzelG; 05-06-2021 at 12:01 PM.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Full-size cover art for the single:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    I love this pairing.

Certainly one of those "I don't care what else you put on the album I'm buying it so let me commit now".

Edit: On another note; Big thanks to Apple Music for analyzing the track and auto-playing Dani California after it ended.[/s]
    I did that with Tobacco last year due to the Babysitter single and was greatly rewarded. I’m also a huge fan of Tobacco and Black Moth Super Rainbow in general, hah.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I love the contrast between voices on this. Probably will buy it on ITunes and Bandcamp if it becomes available to throw some money at Health. I bought one of their albums around the time they were previously doing something with TR (weren't they in his studio recording a song?) and really liked it but I'm just crap at keeping up with artists - also it doesn't look like they've released all that much so I may as well get the other stuff too
    yeah they recorded 'USA Boys' in TR studio

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just in case anyone is unaware of the first NIN/HEALTH collaboration:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Been listening on repeat for a while and keep hearing different things. I got a strong HTDA vibe from the track as well the first few listens.