Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: ISN’T EVERYONE (Health/NIN collab)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebitrate View Post
    Further evidence to my theory that TR+AR are working exclusively at 48/24 since the film scoring really took off.
    It's been since HTDA. I vaguely recall him posting about it. Usually gets bumped to 96k when Tom Baker masters stuff (recapturing from analog mastering gear), including The Social Network and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    In a week, everyone will forget about this uninspired track, but it was a good week.
    ok Quantum550

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    that fourth “no” really does it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The contrast between their voices seems very anger v resignation to me, encapsulating 2020

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Isn't Everyone (Health/NIN collab)

Don’t think this has been posted yet - interview with HEALTH about the collaboration

https://www.webworm.co/p/health

Edit: totally missed the first post of the thread, sorry

There is this though as well if people hadn’t seen from the Hotline

https://www.instagram.com/p/COk5oqgD...=1vpih9px56t5o
    Last edited by scorpiusdiamond; 05-08-2021 at 05:54 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Don’t think this has been posted yet - interview with HEALTH about the collaboration

https://www.webworm.co/p/health
    It is linked in the first post of this thread.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    In a week, everyone will forget about this uninspired track, but it was a good week.
    I know this will get dislikes (or "facepalms"), but I don't think it's very good either.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diptych View Post
    I know this will get dislikes (or "facepalms"), but I don't think it's very good either.
    As much as I do enjoy the track, I have to admit it’s also pretty safe sounding unlike Babysitter which was more Trent playing in Tobacco’s sandbox. I love HEALTH, but they’ve really nestled into this post-industrial sound pretty comfortably.

Trent’s vocal delivery, the bridge before the first chorus, the heaviness of the guitars and the outro make it stand out to me to revisit.

Actually, as I’m writing this I’m thinking about Jake’s vocal delivery too and I like the song a lot. Maybe I have no point, I’m just happy to be here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Maybe I have no point, I’m just happy to be here.
    No need to have a point. Tastes differ. Happy to be here too, and glad to have you too!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    this song >>>>> babysitter
    Neigh way Jose!

This song is cool but isn't exactly doing anything new.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Dark, foreboding and open to many interpretations. Exactly what I was hoping for.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I really love this track. I'm incredibly biased because I'm a huge fan of each artist individually, but this is as good of a collaboration as I could hope for. Trent's vocal's make for a nice contrast with Jake Duzsik's less impassioned singing.

I hope I'm able to snag a copy of this on vinyl eventually, if not as a single then as part of DISCO4.

Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Neigh way Jose!

This song is cool but isn't exactly doing anything new.
    And...?

Less Than wasn't the most adventurous song, but it's still an incredibly satisfying listen. Sometimes hearing an artist do what they do best is reward enough.
    Last edited by Jazzkokehead; 05-08-2021 at 07:44 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I do have an unhealthy love for 'Less Than', it's clearly obvious and formulaic and typical of a NIN single but it's why we love NIN, they draw you in with the NIN you love and then send you somewhere you never expect.. This collaboration is also typical of of the previously mentioned formula. It works, it aint groundbreaking but it works.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Could the first part of the song be any sexier? Major Reptile vibes in the beginning with the low pulsating beat and Trent’s deep, languid singing. So great to hear a new release with his voice again.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    This song is so damn good, i am absolutely thrilled with it.

Previously all i had listened to of HEALTH was their Max Payne 3 score which is phenomenal, why i haven't ventured into their main body of work is anyone's guess but... I'M DOIN' IT NOW.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzkokehead View Post
    I really love this track. I'm incredibly biased because I'm a huge fan of each artist individually, but this is as good of a collaboration as I could hope for. Trent's vocal's make for a nice contrast with Jake Duzsik's less impassioned singing.

I hope I'm able to snag a copy of this on vinyl eventually, if not as a single then as part of DISCO4.

And...?

Less Than wasn't the most adventurous song, but it's still an incredibly satisfying listen. Sometimes hearing an artist do what they do best is reward enough.
    Yes, tastes are subjective. I personally would rather hear something that takes a creative risk (ie. the Tetsuo theme). I like this new song, I've listened to it countless times already.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    After very adventurous Bad Witch and two Dark Ambient/Ambient instrumentals I am okay with something that is lcoser to pop-songwritting structure, NIN's sound sounds amazing with it, especially when sounding this dark, I get people wanting something more adventurous and I do feel like that we will get it with whatever the next NIN project will be, but still, I realy appreciate getting this side of NIN ever so often.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diptych View Post
    Oh shit diptych, wrong on both counts! ;D

(It's okay, not everyone has to love every song)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    a lot of people don't like this song and i'm surprised as to why. i'm really thrilled with it and it's surprising that a lot of people didn't enjoy it considering almost everyone i spoke to about it compared it to something on tds/hesitation marks, and tds is a fan favorite. taste is subjective, of course, and it was a collaboration after all. i'm just really excited and hope this is the beginning step to a new era for nin.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    This track is good stuff. Now give me more.

I think we'll have more soon... I feel that homie wasn't joking when he said they were going to work on new NIN tomorrow... 😳

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hesitation View Post
    a lot of people don't like this song and i'm surprised as to why. i'm really thrilled with it and it's surprising that a lot of people didn't enjoy it considering almost everyone i spoke to about it compared it to something on tds/hesitation marks, and tds is a fan favorite. taste is subjective, of course, and it was a collaboration after all. i'm just really excited and hope this is the beginning step to a new era for nin.
    most seem to like this song tho!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    To me this song is an emotional kick so I'm not too bothered about it going in a different direction. Health mentioned it was about a lot of the political situation etc in the US but it could have been written about UK politics right now! Talk about 'we get the world we all deserve' after so many vote Tory after Boris Johnson literally saying he didn't care if thousands died, he's not having another lockdown. Apart from my family I do feel alone in a sea of idiots who vote against their best interests

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Okay I love the song - Trent's vocals are terrific and I'm all about NIN that is equal parts scary and sexy, but seriously does anyone have any fucking idea what Trent is saying in the third verse?

"youuuuuuuuuuuuu caught addicted Pete and cast your spells!"

I just want to know!

In any case, I saw HEALTH open for NIN, back in 2008 at the House of Blues in Atlantic City, and if you told me then that they would one day write a song with NIN that I would love, I would have been extremely surprised! They clearly have grown a lot since then and I am impressed.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Reminds me more to How to Destroy Angles, specially on the chorus...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post

"youuuuuuuuuuuuu caught addicted Pete and cast your spells!"
    youuuuuuu prop/crop(??) dig dig dig deep in cast your spells??

I really really hope the first 2 minutes of the song or so is indicative of what is coming next from them. I love the beginning of this song. I don't know Health but I feel like the rest of the song sounds like a different band. I love the base or I guess low low synth in the song, so rad.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Has anyone cracked the code of the artwork? ARG? Blurry cock shot? Anyone?

EDIT: I inverted the image and they look like landmasses. Maybe from a textbook.
    Last edited by paul_guyet; 05-10-2021 at 03:49 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    presale code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post

EDIT: I inverted the image and they look like landmasses. Maybe from a textbook.
    Image 2 reminds me of the Warner Studio shot: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/oMtKA4RyAHE/hqdefault.jpg

Hint: they're working together on the score for a Matrix reboot!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I am loving how the ending third of the song sort of coils arounds itself and for some reason I always love when Trent duets with just about anyone.
    I really enjoyed Health live when they opened for NIN--- and when they came on for the *everybody into the pool get on stage* part of the Wave Goodbye shows in LA.

With opening bands---out of all the years I've been going to shows there have only been a handful of opening bands that I wasn't into.
    I love when we get an interesting collaboration. Also...still wishing for an official release of the San Diego show cover of Kick Out the Jams with Street Sweeper Social Club. I know I know, they were co-headliners. I would have *died* to be in the room when Boots, Tom Morello and TR were plotting that one. I was freaking the fuck out. I digress.

Really loved TV on The Radio, Peaches, Cold Cave. From the last shows in 2018 I was really impressed with HMLTD.

Not so into "The Bug" eh. Was anybody into them?

Perhaps I too, am just happy to be here. Yay for new music!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @Discobunny Hey, I quite like The Bug...

The Bug vs Earth is also very good. Honestly, now that you've mentioned The Bug, this Health collab shares some DNA with The Bug. He's like doom industrial grime ragga music.

I can see why Trent digs him.