Thread: ISN’T EVERYONE (Health/NIN collab)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    The current state of vinyl manufacturing is fucked. Surely that plays into the decision to do 2000 black and nothing else, at least for now.
    I know that pop star had every pressing plant pumping every color imaginable out the door a couple weeks ago. The industry is probably spent.

Yes @nmitchell86 it was 2k. Seems like 800 NIN US, 200 NIN UK, 900 Health US, 100 Loma Vista. I doubt it was a record exec thing. Health/TR don't scream "we're letting labels determine what we put out" as badly as other....people....but I think there are also different drivers. Health/Loma Vista usually do have 2 variants which seems reasonable. Honestly I hope this is TR's way of saying he's not going to bilk his fans by dumping 8 variations of everything onto the market.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    I know that pop star had every pressing plant pumping every color imaginable out the door a couple weeks ago. The industry is probably spent.

Yes @nmitchell86 it was 2k. Seems like 800 NIN US, 200 NIN UK, 900 Health US, 100 Loma Vista. I doubt it was a record exec thing. Health/TR don't scream "we're letting labels determine what we put out" as badly as other....people....but I think there are also different drivers. Health/Loma Vista usually do have 2 variants which seems reasonable. Honestly I hope this is TR's way of saying he's not going to bilk his fans by dumping 8 variations of everything onto the market.

They could have done 5K, they also could have done a one per shipping address order process. Increasing the supply while limiting quantity allowed to order would also help cut out the scalpers. I appreciate not having 12 different colors and I see your point but there are more signed Ghost box sets in this world than this single. What I'm getting at is a lot of "real fans" are missing out on what should be a very reasonably priced item due to low supply and high demand. I saw how things where going and I knew that some people where going to miss out. In the FB collecting group it was reported that this single hit $200 on ebay. This is not an exotic item, the low supply was at best "underestimated" at worst "engineered." I was able to grab two more (total of three one for me and two to go around) and I'm passing them along to others right here at cost. Making something exclusive and limited should be left for truly exotic things eg TGWTDT box set. And to clarify... (after rereading this post) I'm not coming from an angry stance here but I do want my view communicated. I don't like reading "I missed this because I was at work or I was taking care of my kid and this sold out in like two hours." I also don't like the speculators who don't give a fuck about the song or the bands or whatever who are commoditizing everything.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    They could have done 5K, they also could have done a one per shipping address order process. Increasing the supply while limiting quantity allowed to order would also help cut out the scalpers. I appreciate not having 12 different colors and I see your point but there are more signed Ghost box sets in this world than this single. What I'm getting at is a lot of "real fans" are missing out on what should be a very reasonably priced item due to low supply and high demand. I saw how things where going and I knew that some people where going to miss out. In the FB collecting group it was reported that this single hit $200 on ebay. This is not an exotic item, the low supply was at best "underestimated" at worst "engineered." I was able to grab two more (total of three one for me and two to go around) and I'm passing them along to others right here at cost. Making something exclusive and limited should be left for truly exotic things eg TGWTDT box set. And to clarify... (after rereading this post) I'm not coming from an angry stance here but I do want my view communicated. I don't like reading "I missed this because I was at work or I was taking care of my kid and this sold out in like two hours." I also don't like the speculators who don't give a fuck about the song or the bands or whatever who are commoditizing everything.
    None of the marketing that I saw indicated it was limited edition. The 2k count was something that came out of a patreon interaction, the counts I captured from page inspection trickery. It was advertised well enough several days ahead of time. Just having notifications set for NIN-Halseyline revealed date/time. We had about an hour to get one on the NIN or HEALTH stores that's an eternity for something rare and we're not making $350 Ghosts decisions it was $14. Fortunately it seems the fan circles are mostly trying to cover each other at cost (~$20 shipped).

People are trying to generate an inflated market. Yes, 1 "sold" a 24 hour auction to 1 shill $214 bid and another to a BIN for $250, I'm guessing they're cross buying and will cancel the orders. When everyone gets theirs in hand next week, legitimate sales will drive it down to $30.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Just having notifications set for NIN-Halseyline revealed date/time.
    it’s back to nin hotline now
    https://twitter.com/ninhotline?s=21
    (it was fun while it lasted.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk