Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
I don't know what Trent and Atticus saw in her that made them produce her new record, unless it was the new material.
Just wondering what'd happen if this becomes successful as TSN did. NIN becoming a pop star producer duo is not something I want, for sure.
Also looking forward to collecting all those Target exclusive and Japanese editions on vinyl just to hear that one bonus track.
The National and Bon Iver got an influx of new fans because of their involvement with Taylor Swift on her last 2 albums. Trent and Atticus had to agree to do this, theres no way it was forced upon them. Im sure we'll get all of the insight eventually when theres interviews and everything. In the end, Im sure Trent will say he gives zero fucks about the core (old ) fanbase reacting negatively to this. Cause it really means people are stuck in a timewarp and dont want anything to progress or evolve past 1996 or something. The guy is always looking forward and listening to new music, he isnt stuck in a cave anymore. I recall he said when he picked the openers for LITS that it was just bands he had on his ipod which tells me he is constantly discovering still. Elton John does that with his Rocket Hour show and always praises new and upcoming artists.