Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Live 2022 SPOILERS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mojambo View Post
    Hi all,

Looking for some advice here. I wanted to get a ticket (I don't know anyone else who likes NIN enough to drive 4 hours to see them with me) for the Vegas show. Like all of you guys, I was frustrated by the way the presale worked. Finally around 20 minutes into the presale, I was able to purchase a ticket in section 203 row D. Pretty good, but I had really wanted to get a pit ticket. Scared that if I didn't jump on this ticket, I would get nothing at all, I went ahead and purchased the ticket.

After completing the purchase, just out of curiosity, I rejoined the queue and got back in. And of course, wouldn't you know, I was able to snag a pit ticket. So now I am sitting on a pit ticket (which I intend to use), and a reserved seat ticket (which I don't). Not only do I hate the idea of paying $200 for a ticket that I won't use, I also hate that another fan will be shut out of seeing them due to my impatience and FOMO. I contacted TM, but predictably they informed me that the ticket was not refundable.

So now I am here, asking for some advice from you fine folks. Do I have any options here? I would put it on a resale site if I could, but I don't think that's possible is it? I would price it at a very cheap price, because I just want to get some money back and get it in the hands of a fan. Or if anyone here would like to meet at the venue the day of the show, I guess something could be arranged. I'm not trying to break any rules here or use this site as a selling venue, I'm simply trying to avoid an empty seat at the venue.

Thanks to all!
    First of all, welcome.

Second, Ticketmaster operates a secondary market and you should be able to sell it there. You can also transfer tickets to another party but it would be unwise to do that unless 1. you know the person and 2. you exchange for physical cash. Otherwise it would be very easy to get scammed when not selling through a reputable secondary market. All that aside, my advice to you would be to sell it asap for face value + fees so you don't take a loss. Sept is a long way out and a lot of things can change given covid. Demand could drop, etc. Sell it now to recoup your money and let it be someone else's worry. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    First of all, welcome.

Second, Ticketmaster operates a secondary market and you should be able to sell it there. You can also transfer tickets to another party but it would be unwise to do that unless 1. you know the person and 2. you exchange for physical cash. Otherwise it would be very easy to get scammed when not selling through a reputable secondary market. All that aside, my advice to you would be to sell it asap for face value + fees so you don't take a loss. Sept is a long way out and a lot of things can change given covid. Demand could drop, etc. Sell it now to recoup your money and let it be someone else's worry. Good luck.
    Hey, thanks for the welcome and the advice. When I log into my TM account and go to the ticket page, both the "Transfer Tickets" and "Sell Tickets" buttons are disabled. Does that mean those options will never be available to me?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mojambo View Post
    Hey, thanks for the welcome and the advice. When I log into my TM account and go to the ticket page, both the "Transfer Tickets" and "Sell Tickets" buttons are disabled. Does that mean those options will never be available to me?
    I bought a ticket to the Cleveland show and the Sell Tickets option is also disabled. I suspect it will be an option once the public sale goes live on Friday, though I'm not certain of that. For whatever reason Transfer is active currently for my ticket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I bought a ticket to the Cleveland show and the Sell Tickets option is also disabled. I suspect it will be an option once the public sale goes live on Friday, though I'm not certain of that. For whatever reason Transfer is active currently for my ticket.
    That's good to hear. Hopefully I can sell it after the sale to the general public. Thanks!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I saw them two nights in a row at Red Rocks last time around. My first time there. It was the best experience of my life. I sprung for expensive seats night one and ended up sitting next to the guitarist for Jesus Mary Chain, who gave me backstage passes, where we were served BBQ (I didn't meet anyone, too shy anyway). Night two I was in GA and a thunderstorm was rolling in the background.

Seeing your favorite band at Red Rocks is worth every penny. Have fun!
    Thank you so much! I can't wait.

So, you ended up going for the expensive seats you say? Did you do the AXS Premium or whatever it's called for the more upcharged prices? I keep seeing the only thing available for the really close rows are double pairs of tickets at like $300+ a ticket and I'm wondering if I just bite the bullet and have a closer seat/experience on the second night instead of dealing with the hassle of the pre-sale/general sale.

With these that are available now, they're non-transferrable ... but I wouldn't be giving these up anyway with it being Night 2.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    My thinking is that the small selection of AXS Premium pairs will be held at the exorbitant price through the public on-sale to fish in anyone else willing to pay. Should the allocation not sell out by a certain point, they'll be available for the "normal" ticket price.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Donate some money and get entered into chance for Primervera VIP tickets (and a smashed guitar from Brisbane, AUS show ages ago).

https://fandiem.com/nin

Money goes to people in the music biz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Had a weird thing happen, got my seats for Cleveland, had many issues with getting logged out and kicked from the Q, somehow ended up with seats and lawn spots, hopefully will be able to sell, since they won’t refund, I have no idea how it happened.

Hopefully we will witness one crazy night..

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Venue Presale for Berkeley in about 3 hours if you missed out on the band sale.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The Queue Has Been Temporarily Paused

Well, that's a new one...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Lol I came here to say the same thing. Things are looking up for today's presales!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Lol I came here to say the same thing. Things are looking up for today's presales!
    I'm getting the pause message in the Cleveland queue, is that what you're in too?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
    I'm getting the pause message in the Cleveland queue, is that what you're in too?
    I'm in the Raleigh queue...interesting that it's happening to both east coast time shows.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    "We appreciate your patience as we allow the foxes to raid the hen-house."

Mine is unpaused now but moving ridiculously slowly. Seems trustworthy...
    Last edited by Deacon Blackfire; 02-10-2022 at 09:37 AM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Still in the Cleveland queue with 1272 people ahead...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone have a Cleveland presale code? I'm still waiting in the queue with 2000+ ahead of me, but have no idea what to type when it lets me in!

Edit: Thank you to the poster below!
    Last edited by 2020k; 02-10-2022 at 09:58 AM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I do enjoy these old-school concert announcement videos:

I'm still at 2,000+ point in my queue.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    How soon does the queue open up? I'm trying to get in for the 9/3 RR show and it just shows, "COMING SOON" for the AEG/RADIO/VENUE PRESALE. Guess I'll keep refreshing every few minutes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This is THE WORST ticket buying experience of my life! I was in the queue for an hour, it finally got to 42 people ahead of me and kicked me out! So back in and 2000+ ahead of me AGAIN. Same shit as Tuesday. When I did get into the ticket picking part Tuesday every time I picked and went to buy I got the ... someone else beat you to them BS. I finally got 2 seats in basket that were just "OK" and my bill was 808$ FUCK THAT! Then some pit started showing up about every 10 minutes but every time some one else beat me message. Still in a queue, an hour and a half later.

Also, I think the mobile app password is COVERT haven't gotten far enough to find out let though. So pissed!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Until most bands stop using ticketmaster this will literally never change.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Got in, no tickets left. eta: Cleveland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Couldn't get in on the LN app this morning because it thought I was a bot. My wife got in on her phone and was 238 in line when it opened up. It took her 28 minutes to get in for the Franklin show. No tickets. How did it take 28 minutes to let 238 people in?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    How soon does the queue open up? I'm trying to get in for the 9/3 RR show and it just shows, "COMING SOON" for the AEG/RADIO/VENUE PRESALE. Guess I'll keep refreshing every few minutes.
    Question answered: the waiting room opened at 9:30. I AM READY TO BE DISAPPOINTED AGAIN

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Question answered: the waiting room opened at 9:30. I AM READY TO BE DISAPPOINTED AGAIN
    Do you know what the code is for that presale? I got in the waiting room and then realized I never got an email with the code.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    What I don't understand is why has it gotten worse? all these years, all the tech, and it just gets worse and worse.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What's the alternative? You'd think NIN would have tried it already.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sticksandhair View Post
    What I don't understand is why has it gotten worse? all these years, all the tech, and it just gets worse and worse.
    Super simple, Ticketmaster/Livenation keeps pushing and pushing to see how much they're able to get away with and bands are all "k" and still use them for ticketing and still play at livenation owned venues and play at livenation only festivals. So then Ticketmaster/Livenation keep pushing and bands keep saying "k" and the cycle will continue until you end up having to pay for a ticket to buy tickets on their own secondhand ticketing sites.

At the end of the day the bands still get paid because tickets are still being sold, and people are still in the crowd at their shows. The bands really aren't being affected at the end of the day. Ticketmaster is convenient for them so bands will continue to allow ticketmaster to abuse their fans.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 02-10-2022 at 10:47 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    do you know what the code is for that presale? I got in the waiting room and then realized i never got an email with the code.
    Edit for capitalization: NINROCKS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Edit for capitalization: NINROCKS
    Thank you! Managed to get Saturday tickets in the first presale, hoping to get 2 for Friday today

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Super simple, Ticketmaster/Livenation keeps pushing and pushing to see how much they're able to get away with and bands are all "k" and still use them for ticketing and still play at livenation owned venues and play at livenation only festivals. So then Ticketmaster/Livenation keep pushing and bands keep saying "k" and the cycle will continue until you end up having to pay for a ticket to buy tickets on their own secondhand ticketing sites.
    Yep. Government intervention will be the only way to stop that train and that's never going to happen until they reign in lobbying dollars, which is also never going to happen.