Page 28 of 60 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Live 2022 SPOILERS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Do we still don’t know who supports in the US? That’s a bit weird right? I don’t see Nin not having a support act in a show

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Supposedly it's Boy Harsher, at least for these first shows, but I haven't seen anything from NIN to confirm that. There was some news article that mentioned it.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Not sure where to ask this question. I've got tickets for Raleigh that I got from Ticketmaster. All these tickets are digital, on the phone app only. So how does the person going with me show their ticket if both are on my phone? We'll be entering together and staying in the venue, which I assume is the only time the ticket would be checked, but I've definitely been to shows where venue employees were checking tickets to make sure you were going to the correct section.
    You can swipe between tickets on the app/wallet where your ticket is located. No issues.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    You can swipe between tickets on the app/wallet where your ticket is located. No issues.
    Cool. As long as I don't need to worry about trying to "transfer" one ticket to their phone or something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Supposedly it's Boy Harsher, at least for these first shows, but I haven't seen anything from NIN to confirm that. There was some news article that mentioned it.
    Boy Harsher posted a story a few days ago with all their dates, including support of NIN for the first two (I think only the first two, but 2nd is a festival so) shows.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    isn't there a Boy Harsher tour tweet that only correlates with specific instances of the tour?

2022.04.28 - Raleigh, NC @ Red Hat Amphitheater

2022.05.01 - Franklin, TN @ Firstbank Amphitheater

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I guess I'm just saying NIN hasn't mentioned it yet, which is strange since they have the support for the UK dates on their site.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Openers confirmed:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    100 gecs in Philly? Hahahaha I wonder how that will be received.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Openers confirmed:

Probably wishful thinking on my part, but doesn’t it look like there’s room for two shows to be added in under the Philly dates? I don’t know, maybe like uh… two NY shows? (Please, guys.)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post

Itll be seen as the worst thing on the planet. And people will wonder why Josh Freese even bothered with them.

Quote Originally Posted by variablebitrate View Post
    Probably wishful thinking on my part, but doesn’t it look like there’s room for two shows to be added in under the Philly dates? I don’t know, maybe like uh… two NY shows? (Please, guys.)
    Radius clause for Boston Calling. Philly was likely the closest they could get without infringing.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Trent really chooses weird openers, IMHO OFC. I know it's his prerogative and that's fine; it'd just be nice to like/love an opener to a NIN show for once in my life. I have tried multiple times to get into Yves Tumor since they were announced as UK openers and they do absolutely nothing for me. I'm glad I've got reserved for Red Rocks seats this year.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Holy shit. I really, really wish I was going to that Philly show now. Knowing Trent Reznor is a 100 gecs fan is fantastic news.

These are all great openers, I saw Boy Harsher live a few years ago and they were so good ... and I just saw Yves Tumor last month so with going to both nights at Red Rocks this will be my first seeing a group three times in one year, haha.

Super jealous of Philly though. Either way, good stuff all around ... Trent always has good taste in music.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    Trent really chooses weird openers, IMHO OFC. I know it's his prerogative and that's fine; it'd just be nice to like/love an opener to a NIN show for once in my life. I have tried multiple times to get into Yves Tumor since they were announced as UK openers and they do absolutely nothing for me. I'm glad I've got reserved for Red Rocks seats this year.

I really like the song "Pain" by Boy Harsher. Found out about them from Mariqueen's twitter or something. So I imagine they're well loved. But how I miss the days of Autolux and Queens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Radius clause for Boston Calling. Philly was likely the closest they could get without infringing.
    Couldn’t they theoretically play Boston and immediately afterwards announce new shows? I seem to vaguely remember that being how the late 2017 shows worked, including Webster Hall. I think it’s unlikely, but trying to guess how probable it could be just to remain prepared. I probably should have just made plans for Philly, anyway.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Yves Tumor seems really not my deal (sounds as if TV on The Radio was boring) but at least I get Ministry and Nitzer Ebb in Cleveland.

NIN openers I’ve enjoyed over the years is a shortish list (Prick, Autolux, APC, JAMC, Health, TVOTR).

Remember The Moving Units? Dresden Dolls? Yiiiiiiikes.
    Last edited by Swykk; 04-25-2022 at 11:58 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    I really like the song "Pain" by Boy Harsher. Found out about them from Mariqueen's twitter or something. So I imagine they're well loved. But how I miss the days of Autolux and Queens.
    I didn't care for either of them either. I only just recently gave QotSA another chance within the last 9 months and I'd say I'm tepid now. You know better than most how adept Milwaukee radio is at killing songs and entire bands by over-saturation of the SAME FUCKING SONG FOR YEARS. That was QotSA for me. Working in a warehouse with 102.1 or Lazer/the Hog on 24/7 was torture throughout college.

Bauhaus opening during the summer 2006 tours was brutal as well. I do not like Jane's Addiction (thanks, Milwaukee!) but I only saw the Chicago NIN|JA show where JA was not present so that was fine. SSSC was actually decent. Jesus and Mary Chain was one of the most boring and energy-lacking performances I've ever seen and they were like that each of the four times I saw them. I understand why he chose these two in particular and I'm not complaining, just stating my experiences. An hour of boredom beforehand is a small price to pay for a NIN show.

I think the only opener I've ever liked was Dresden Dolls during the club tour in 2005 but even with them, I was kind of bored by the end of their set.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    This old broad thanks TR/AR for keeping it to one opener!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I get to find out if Yves Tumor is a thing for me or not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I didn't care for either of them either. I only just recently gave QotSA another chance within the last 9 months and I'd say I'm tepid now. You know better than most how adept Milwaukee radio is at killing songs and entire bands by over-saturation of the SAME FUCKING SONG FOR YEARS. That was QotSA for me. Working in a warehouse with 102.1 or Lazer/the Hog on 24/7 was torture throughout college.

Bauhaus opening during the summer 2006 tours was brutal as well. I do not like Jane's Addiction (thanks, Milwaukee!) but I only saw the Chicago NIN|JA show where JA was not present so that was fine. SSSC was actually decent. Jesus and Mary Chain was one of the most boring and energy-lacking performances I've ever seen and they were like that each of the four times I saw them. I understand why he chose these two in particular and I'm not complaining, just stating my experiences. An hour of boredom beforehand is a small price to pay for a NIN show.

I think the only opener I've ever liked was Dresden Dolls during the club tour in 2005 but even with them, I was kind of bored by the end of their set.
    Yeah, can't say I've bothered with the radio in years as a result. The UWM or other, uni radio stations are a bit better.

Loved the Bauhaus tour, as I adore Peaches, the first opener. Didn't get to see Dresden Dolls, but I like Amanda Palmer. Moving units were hilarious and I got a drum stick so, that's something. And, same with NIN|JA tour, Chicago only and I liked that Morello + Boot's Riley, still it would've been nice had they come back to WI. 2018 Red Rocks with Tobacco (for one show) and TJMC were fun.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Has the band members been revealed yet? I’m not around much anymore and I can’t see it listed anywhere.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt925 View Post
    Has the band members been revealed yet? I’m not around much anymore and I can’t see it listed anywhere.
    theyve settled on this lineup which seems relatively permanent

Trent Reznor
    Atticus Ross
    Robin Finck
    Alessandro Cortini
    Ilan Rubin

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt925 View Post
    More than likely the same as the last go around: Ilan, Atticus, Cortini (for sure, he's made some posts about this upcoming tour), and Finck.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horican View Post
    theyve settled on this lineup which seems relatively permanent

Trent Reznor
    Atticus Ross
    Robin Finck
    Alessandro Cortini
    Ilan Rubin
    I thought Trent said/wrote back in 2018 that this is the live NIN lineup now, barring any of them needing to drop out for whatever reason. I can't remember the exact wording but the impression I got was that he has no intention of changing perfection. Does any else remember that?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I just remember him saying something like that for Atticus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ilan has been posting about the tour on IG. As mentioned above, Alessandro has, too. I think it’s fairly safe to assume for the foreseeable future live NIN is as it has been since Summer 2017 (and as it has been since mid-2014, if you exclude Atticus and the fact that several of these members go even further back now). Things have been relativity stable post-Tension; a lot of what I’ve felt from the band in many of the logistical parts since then has been “consistency is key.”
    Last edited by variablebitrate; 04-25-2022 at 03:23 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    In 2 hours (7p Eastern) the Raleigh tickets will be available in the Ticketmaster App.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I’ve never heard of 100 gecs before today so I listened to some of their music and read up on them and Jesus fuck I’m old

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I’ve never heard of 100 gecs before today so I listened to some of their music and read up on them and Jesus fuck I’m old
    I'd heard the name but that's it. Just Youtube'd. It's basically Razzlekahn except not federally indicted.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post
    Holy shit I fucking LOOOOOVE 100 gecs. They're one of the only new bands to genuinely excite me in about ten years.

Badass that Trent noticed them.

Edit: Also, seriously, @cdm ? I assume this is hyperbole. A whole hell of a lot of the critics rightfully laughing their asses off at Razzlekhan have been fawning over 100 gecs for a couple years. Razzlekhan is more like Millionaires, minus the self awareness, and TINY bit of talent.
    Edit: NOT that critical acclaim=good.
    I just think hyperpop,.when done well, is amazing. 100 gecs is in the same category as SOPHIE and Charlie XCX.

Meahnwile, I've been listening to this, for instance, at least once a week since the day it came out.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-25-2022 at 05:49 PM.