Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Artists Inspired by Music: Interscope Reimagined limited edition vinyl reissues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    no, that artist does horny brooms.
    I never realized that Fantasia fanfic was a legitimate career choice, but here we are.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Saw this on Facebook and came here to post for the first time in a long while…

these covers are pretty awful

neither really work well… for anything. The broken one especially is just so out of place lol

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    And suddenly $80 for the deviations release seems like a goddamn bargain

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Yeah, not paying 2500 dollars for that
    I'm personally not interested in these but I downloaded the app for less than a minute to see what this was all about. I couldn't tell if it's $2,500 per album or for the entire collection. For that price I almost feel like it's the entire collection. I could be wrong though. $2500 per album would be just more ridiculous than it already is.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Maybe it's that GUCCI name that's part of the cost. :-D

Screenshot_20220122-153822_NTWRK.jpg

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    100 copies for $2,500... $250K payday (minus what < $50K in product production, so est. $200K to split amongst a few industry a$$holes on one LP x how many different LPs are they doing, like 30?) That's how this got the green light. Resources could have been put to better use developing new artists.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Well, I'm not going to add to the shitting on these pieces train, there's plenty of that already.
    As a visual artist, wowno. Like BIG WOW and EVEN BIGGER NO.

I'll just say I just hope Trent got some decent money out of this. Guy deserves it for having this done to his masterpieces lol.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Is there anything different about the music with these? Or is this just a collectable cover for the regular album?

I play a collectable card game, and I've paid somewhat a premium for collectable alternate-art versions of cards that have lower priced versions available, but those are usually a premium of $20-50. TDS vinyl lists on nin.com for $35, and broken for $25....these are $2500, that's a really huge premium to pay for it.

Beyond the cover being different, how else does this differ from the regular editions available on nin.com?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    Beyond the cover being different, how else does this differ from the regular editions available on nin.com?
    Each respective artist hovered over it for a split second to put their signature on it.

I still can’t believe the NIN account tweeted about it. Horrible covers aside, the whole premise is gross. $2500 for a fucking record. Get outta here.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Each respective artist hovered over it for a split second to put their signature on it.

I still can’t believe the NIN account tweeted about it. Horrible covers aside, the whole premise is gross. $2500 for a fucking record. Get outta here.
    I think a lot of people are looking at this wrong. It's not $2500 for a record. It's $2500 for a high end art print with a record included. Most of us here are clearly not the target audience for it. I'm not a fan of the art either, but I'm sure these artists have fans already who will be more interested than we are.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    All you had to do was see Richard Prince on that and shouldve closed it. Dude made a fortune by screenshotting Instagram
    photos. Shocked it wasnt even an nft.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Really is a reflection of the times we are in, screams desperate to me. Way overpriced blatant cash grab. Next we'll have NFTs. Nice one Interscope - I assume they're the real benefactors with the official channels basically being forced to promote it. The "art" looks like crap and this is a disgrace to the amazing original Russell Mills Downward Spiral art. I can't believe I'm seeing NIN attached to something like this. Hope none sell but there'll always be suckers who would buy anything with NIN attached to it.
    Last edited by voidnz; 01-22-2022 at 06:17 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

In a world where a duct-taped banana sold for 120K nothing surprises me anymore with such low effort cash grabs.

This is also a world now where the above will be sold as an NFT for the same price, it's all so fucking mental.

MENTAL!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    The cover art for those NTWRK Vinyl releases

Obviously the art for the "Downward Spiral" doesn't hold a candle for the original Russell Mills art, but at least looks kind of decent; the one for "Broken" looks like a fuckin' joke!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it... (pun intended)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post

In a world where a duct-taped banana sold for 120K nothing surprises me anymore with such low effort cash grabs.

This is also a world now where the above will be sold as an NFT for the same price, it's all so fucking mental.

MENTAL!
    Honestly, what about that is worth $120K?

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Honestly, what about that is worth $120K?
    There's a segment of art & galleries that's effectively all a front for money laundering. There is so much fraud in the art world.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Well, the official NIN accounts reposted them, so I guess they got Trent & Atticus' blessing. Honestly, I would give them a pass if it looked like there was any actual effort put into them, but they look like they were whipped up in an hour or less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I think a lot of people are looking at this wrong. It's not $2500 for a record. It's $2500 for a high end art print with a record included. Most of us here are clearly not the target audience for it. I'm not a fan of the art either, but I'm sure these artists have fans already who will be more interested than we are.
    Who IS the target audience then? Billionaires?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I think everyone here is looking at this the same way: a desperate attempt to shoehorn a middling piece of visual art onto a piece of iconic music in search of a cash grab.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    Who IS the target audience then? Billionaires?
    Basically, yeah. The art world is a crazy place, and people with deep pockets will buy just about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I think everyone here is looking at this the same way: a desperate attempt to shoehorn a middling piece of visual art onto a piece of iconic music in search of a cash grab.
    Pretty much. But again, it's the art world. All you need is for a few people to enjoy it. They don't care about those of us that don't.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I think both of these new covers are terrible, I will say that the actual artwork for Broken is charming and I don't hate it at all, but it 100% doesn't match the album it's attached to. But if someone held a gun to my head to buy one of these, I'd go with that over the art school homework bullshit that is the TDS painting!!!!!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Honestly shocked TR wanted anything to do with this. Seems anti-... well, everything about his ethics.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I doubt Trent had anything to do with the creation of this. But I don't blame him for trying to get the word out there, as he's gonna make money from it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    someone on reddit said the nin tweet sounds sarcastic and now i cant unsee it

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    someone on reddit said the nin tweet sounds sarcastic and now i cant unsee it
    Yeah....something about the word "honored" in connection with these...

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Well, we officially made it, boys.

If you had any doubts about mainstream level of NIN, this should settle it

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Yeah....something about the word "honored" in connection with these...
    He does have his interesting moments of taste, though. Remember the 15 minute remix of Me, I’m Not and the Porter Ricks mix of TDTWWA?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Well, we officially made it, boys.

If you had any doubts about mainstream level of NIN, this should settle it

Oh, boy!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    He does have his interesting moments of taste, though. Remember the 15 minute remix of Me, I’m Not and the Porter Ricks mix of TDTWWA?
    And that questionable tour t-shirt…

And Marilyn Manson…