Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The Crow

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Well that was... awful.

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    I would have watched, but the movie lasted like one week in the cinemas around here, lol

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Oh it’s out on digital. I didn’t pay for it. Thankfully.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    This morning I read that Ryan isn't even putting the "spoiler warning" graphic on movies that are truly bad like this one.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Bought the digital copy -- still like it :shrug:

Funny enough, the director mentions Trent by name in the bonus features - discussed how when he met James O'Barr to discuss the comic, that James mentioned Trent as being his idol at the time. Just funny considering the personal drama between the director and his ex (Atticus' sister)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    743 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=burnmotherfucker!;589935]Lots of talk about Eric Draven here in the ETS Crow thread.

"insanity level=3
    quotes itself
    writes essays that are, ultimately, akin to screaming in the void
    quotes eleven"

some good stuff there, jokes aside.
    i especially appreciate this:
    But in the case of The Crow, you actually CAN'T remake it. The tragedy of Brandon Lee's untimely death and the loss suffered by his fiancé at the time coupled with the parallel gothic, romantic, melancholic spirit of that film allowed it to transcend into something else entirely, something irreplicable.
    this is so very true. you had to BE there, and in a way, it paralleled our LIVES, or, at least what we THOUGHT of ourselves. Many of us were were already rocking our nins (in fact, the way time seemed to move more slowly back then, some of us considered ourselves grizzled NIN veterans,) and Interview with the Vampire was around the corner. the soundtrack had the best STP song ever, and, of course, Dead Souls.
    some of us were dipping our toes into the occult...wicca, crystals, tarot cards. we were beginning and ending early teen crushes. And, of course, Brandon Lee actually died.

Alowishus is right. You can't REALLY remake THE Crow, because, for a lot of us, it was a MOMENT.
    It was a heady time that , in my mind, smells like burning leaves and clove cigarettes

And, hell...i'm just talking about many of US, and my friends. To have another confluence of dark romance, the terrible loss of an actor, the emergence of a new wave of music, and the EXACT type of people to pick up on it all?

In 100,000 years, MAYBE.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=elevenism;590880]
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    Lots of talk about Eric Draven here in the ETS Crow thread.

"insanity level=3
    quotes itself
    writes essays that are, ultimately, akin to screaming in the void
    quotes eleven"

some good stuff there, jokes aside.
    Screaming INTO the void? Motherfucker, these posts are coming FROM the void. You merely adopted the darkness, I was born in it. I'm talking Stonehenge on the solstice. Fuck your crystals and tarot cards. Mere toys they are.

And for the record I only quoted myself to roast myself for something a previous version of me had said that I wanted to correct.

But, I did quote you, so, well, yeah, I guess maybe I am at about an insanity level 3. But out of what? 5? 10? 3? You be the judge.

For real though I did have a good laugh typing all that up that day with the expectation that absolutely no more than 3 people might see it. But you, the all powerful and infinite 11 were one of those 3 and answered the call. If you yell into a void, the infinite 11 answers you, so it makes sense. I'm just glad someone waded through that thing. The distinction between character named "Eric" and characters named "Eric Draven" is very important after all.

And ditto on the Crow sentiments. I still haven't seen this version. I thought about it but nah. Devil's Night is next month and why would I watch that when I can throw on the real thing.

Mentioned
    743 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=burnmotherfucker!;590895]
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

Screaming INTO the void? Motherfucker, these posts are coming FROM the void. You merely adopted the darkness, I was born in it. I'm talking Stonehenge on the solstice. Fuck your crystals and tarot cards.
    oh, how i needed that after getting out of the hospital. lolol i'm dead.

and as far as the "quotes itself," and that being part of some mysterious insanity meter, i do it to MYself every time i quote myself. That's usually a 2, but quoting ME made it a 3.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    oh, how i needed that after getting out of the hospital. lolol i'm dead.

and as far as the "quotes itself," and that being part of some mysterious insanity meter, i do it to MYself every time i quote myself. That's usually a 2, but quoting ME made it a 3.
    Thought you might get a kick out of that

But since we're on the subject of quoting oneself. I'm a non-dualist. I do not believe people are synonymous with their own thoughts. And if one is not identical to their own thoughts, they certainly aren't identical to their posts. So quote away I say, when you really drill down on it, it isn't all that different than quoting someone else. "Self" is just an evolutionarily useful illusion. lol

But this is a CROW thread for godsakes. We can't be going down this rigmarole of a philosophical rabbit hole in here.

I will say though that I'm glad to hear you are out of the hospital! You've really been through the ringer I know. To be honest I'm really starting to think you might actually and indeed be immortal. DUDE. Come clean. You're the fucking Crow aren't you?
    Last edited by burnmotherfucker!; 09-26-2024 at 01:49 PM.