Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: nin official discord server

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Yes, not everyone knows everything with regards to the lore of NIN so best not to be elitist (not accusing just stating generally) - It's this kind of attitude that can drive people away. Be welcoming, offer assistance. Educate with fun facts. Be nice!
    You know what, one could ask why then they even assumed so confidently that TR didn't credit Pigface. This wasn't a kind of person who thought innocently that NIN covered Johnny Cash's Hurt. I took a minute to look at their post history (I gave up very fast seeing their post count of 4000+ messages), and one of the very first posts of theirs was a photo of presumably their own NIN halo collection. Which is pretty fucking big for a newbie (I mean they even had FDTS tin box). So yeah, in this case I lean to agree with TR's comment.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    You know what, one could ask why then they even assumed so confidently that TR didn't credit Pigface.
    That's fair!

I took a minute to look at their post history (I gave up very fast seeing their post count of 4000+ messages), and one of the very first posts of theirs was a photo of presumably their own NIN halo collection. Which is pretty fucking big for a newbie (I mean they even had FDTS tin box).
    Admittedly, i did not think to look into it this deep. Strange, maybe they do like to disturb shit? idk.

I just wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt y'all. Carry on haha
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 05-23-2022 at 03:21 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    So yeah, in this case I lean to agree with TR's comment.
    But, Reznor has never been one to hold back. He’s called people on this board “assholes,” told one user to put Vagisil in his ears when said user thought a show was too loud, told another user to suck his entire cock. His modus operandi would be to tell this person, “I DID credit Pigface, dumbass! Blow me!”

Being unaware isn’t shit-starting. It’s just being unaware.

It’s a mystery best left unsolved?

Dead horse = beaten.

/shit-starting
    Last edited by allegro; 05-23-2022 at 06:34 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    But, Reznor has never been one to hold back. He’s called people on this board “assholes,” told one user to put Vagisil in his ears when said user thought a show was too loud, told another user to suck his entire cock. His modus operandi would be to tell this person, “I DID credit Pigface, dumbass! Blow me!”
    People grow, and change.

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Dead horse = beaten.
    Agreed!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    This is exactly what happened. The person just didn't know, He never saw it in the liner notes. If you guys look at his response (its literally the one right before Trent says to knock it off.)
    Oh, I thought they did know and were just being a contrarian to piss people off. My mistake.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    You know what, one could ask why then they even assumed so confidently that TR didn't credit Pigface. This wasn't a kind of person who thought innocently that NIN covered Johnny Cash's Hurt. I took a minute to look at their post history (I gave up very fast seeing their post count of 4000+ messages), and one of the very first posts of theirs was a photo of presumably their own NIN halo collection. Which is pretty fucking big for a newbie (I mean they even had FDTS tin box). So yeah, in this case I lean to agree with TR's comment.

Regardless if they knew or not, there is no reason for us to take it from 0 to 100 with insulting others like that and talking shit about them. Take it from me, when I was really getting into the band back in 2013 and was buying all the albums, it took me a while to realize that Suck was a Pigface song. Think I didn't know for about a year in a half. (I was about 15 or 16).

Also please remember, this is an all age discord channel. You have no idea how old any of them are. This is the internet. You could be insulting a minor too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    FUCK YES TRENT. This makes me so happy.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I think I pissed the chat off

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    It looks like most of the band maybe caught COVID on the last tour dates. Fortunately, they had that break built-in and everyone is recovered now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post

I think I pissed the chat off
    This sounds fun, I'd nominate Ringfinger.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    It looks like most of the band maybe caught COVID on the last tour dates. Fortunately, they had that break built-in and everyone is recovered now.

Not surprised given that they hung out with fans backstage (unlike so many other bands who have crazy covid protocols).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post
    Not surprised given that they hung out with fans backstage (unlike so many other bands who have crazy covid protocols).
    They've stopped doing that now because of this, according to Kraw on discord.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Yeah he said "the last time we did one in Philly there were Covid issues so we've tightened things up." Too bad. I didn't even know they did a Meet and Greet in Philly! I kept track of the Discord to try and be aware if they did them again at those shows but I clearly have not figured out how to be / am not cool enough to be privy to that knowledge. If anyone here managed to get in on that, good for you. A bit bummed I missed out but I guess I missed getting Covid too. Though I was in the pit both shows, on the rail night #1, and have tested as negatively and felt as normal since as I did before them so I don't know what the deal is since I must have been exposed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It was really just luck of the draw in terms of getting selected through Discord. At least one person was actually DM'd directly by Trent based on what they posted.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Is anyone systematically archiving kraw’s tour journal (or anything else) for ninwiki (or elsewhere)?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Is anyone systematically archiving kraw’s tour journal (or anything else) for ninwiki (or elsewhere)?
    Not sure, but if anyone wants to work on it, this bot might be helpful for auto-downloading everything from the #tour-journal channel:

https://github.com/get-got/discord-downloader-go

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I have been keeping up to date. I'll add them to the show archives on ninlive.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    They've stopped doing that now because of this, according to Kraw on discord.
    Bummer. Wondering if maybe they'll bring it back for the fall tour dates, but probably shouldn't hold my breath.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Bummer. Wondering if maybe they'll bring it back for the fall tour dates, but probably shouldn't hold my breath.
    Actually, physically holding your breath is probably the only thing that would make them bring it back, lol. No breathing on them and all that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Hell I’ll be happy getting a pic with TR if I’m 10 feet away.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Alessandro caught COVID on the Euro leg, posted about it on his Instagram stories after Hellfest.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Nothing worth posting in the last 5 weeks, or they gone quiet?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Nothing worth posting in the last 5 weeks, or they gone quiet?
    Mostly quiet from the band side. TR mentioned finishing stages of another score. Kraw is generally the most active on Discord and even he has been mostly MIA. Seems like there are some deadlines looming before the next round of rehearsals and those projects, whatever they are, are taking up everyone's time.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Seems like there are some deadlines looming before the next round of rehearsals and those projects, whatever they are, are taking up everyone's time.
    Live transitions for all of YZ sounds like a lot of work, but it'll be worth it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    So, how did the Discord meet and greets work on the previous legs of the tour this year? Did they just randomly reach out to people on the Discord, or was there something you had to do to be included/considered? I see they're keeping lists of who's attending which shows, so I've made sure to put my dates on there at least.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    So, how did the Discord meet and greets work on the previous legs of the tour this year? Did they just randomly reach out to people on the Discord, or was there something you had to do to be included/considered? I see they're keeping lists of who's attending which shows, so I've made sure to put my dates on there at least.
    It was a bit of that, yes. They also have now stopped doing the meet & greets after they caught COVID from them on the last US leg.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So what am I missing, just got this due to space on my phone and all the tour channels seem deleted and all I see is kraw posting pictures in the tour journal

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    So what am I missing, just got this due to space on my phone and all the tour channels seem deleted and all I see is kraw posting pictures in the tour journal
    If you're not seeing all of the channels, it sounds like you haven't fully followed all of the directions for joining the server. You must BOTH accept the rules, AND complete verification. There's screen shots in the first post of this thread showing how to do this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks I checked things again and found something that said interact with this and clicked it and bam it opened everything. Although now I can find that again,lol. It wasn't the rules or verification though

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    Although now I can find that again,lol.
    Yeah, the channel disappears after you're verified, because it's only visible for unverified people.