Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: nin official discord server

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Oh God I really hope this works just because I really enjoyed when TR was a bit more vocal on Twitter but this just smacks of the first bloom of Twitter when he was going on about how surprisingly great it was at first only for everything to crash and burn later. Hope this does work out

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    What on earth is going? I have never displayed any such conduct and i think my history with this board and interactions with you guys can vouch for that.
    I am so... so glad I am not involved in trying to moderate the official NIN Discord. It's a bummer that they've had a misfire like that, but it's much better than the absolute free-for-all from the first nin.com forums, which turned rotten so fast. Glad it got sorted!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I was concerned the first 20 minutes or so that the discord was live because...ya know. It was a shit show lol. But once the additional channels went live, and a few moderation issues were resolved, I warmed up to it really quickly. I've only ever been in very small channels in small doses do this is VERY cool to me.

Big high-fives to everyone who was involved in getting this off the ground! I think it's exciting to have a centralized, official space for fans again. We've all been kind of split up between various platforms for years now.

In the meantime, behave yourselves piggies. Don't make NIN and co pull the plug on this lol.

(Oh! And my name on Discord is Diligent_State #4698 - Feel free to add me as a friend.)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I have a crazy feeling there's going to be some cool shit for a while and then the loud, shitting masses are going to ruin it for the quiet, dedicated few.

Until then, I'm paul_m_guyet #0123.

No nudes unless you're in a red robe.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Is there any continuity between admin members here and mods there?
    No. It looks like most of the moderating team came from the unofficial NIN Discord server. i.e. NIN team came to them and said, "Hey, you guys have experience running a NIN Discord, how would you like to help us run the official one?"

If you want to check out the unofficial NIN Discord, you can use this invite: https://discord.gg/pb9RRqK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm enjoying it, though prefer the quieter channels. I'm Sarka#4185.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    FYI, I spotted and immediately blocked Broskirose (multiple troll jobs here) there. So I imagine all of the banned ETS folks are there.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    No. It looks like most of the moderating team came from the unofficial NIN Discord server. i.e. NIN team came to them and said, "Hey, you guys have experience running a NIN Discord, how would you like to help us run the official one?"

If you want to check out the unofficial NIN Discord, you can use this invite: https://discord.gg/pb9RRqK
    ^^ This makes sense. But I was a bit confused by the initial announcement:

Welcome to the new official home of the NIN fan community. You have all been so active and creative online - and in our own Echoing the Sound for over 25 years! Now we wanted to launch an official page on discord to continue to foster the community-oriented creativity that no other fan-base provides! As well, we love seeing and hearing from you all in general
    Oh, i'm cdm #4093

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I’m not a huge discord user, but I’m representing as 24.24.1.482.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Dante Jeremy#3444 guys can add me if you like

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Place is going to be a shitshow when they release something. Gonna be mayhem. Gifs coming out of gifs.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I joined for one reason only: I did not want someone else to "use" my awesome username. I've been marodi for over 15 years now so yeah.

I'm marodi #0872

And I'm with @elevenism and @Swykk and @Erneuert :I don't know how that thing works and I don't care to know. LLAP everyone.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I’m not planning on being very active there but I have kinda figured out how it works now. I still very much prefer here. It’s nearly impossible to follow the conversations there.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Holy shit. Trez just popped in the channel bada bing bada boom @tricil going backstage.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    @kraw is posting all kinds of cool photos in the Tour Journal channel.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Dang, @tricil quick on the draw there.

If anyone wants to read it: https://discord.com/channels/9682547...80583934877746

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i'm #frankieteardrop on there. enjoyed the setlist coming in real-time, and enjoying the QOTD stuff. hopefully the fan base can behave themselves.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I don't see anything in the tour journal, is there something I am missing? I can access every other channel just fine...

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    @dlb Should be about 60 some photos and 3 video clips so far.

Last edited by thelastdisciple; 04-30-2022 at 10:17 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    FYI, I spotted and immediately blocked Broskirose (multiple troll jobs here) there. So I imagine all of the banned ETS folks are there.
    Can someone DM me a list of these? I'm a bad ETSer, but no one on the mod team wants known problem users to get a clean slate.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Based on QOTD sounds like we're getting a new song...ISN'T EVERYONE. Probably debut it tonight is my guess.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    Based on QOTD sounds like we're getting a new song...ISN'T EVERYONE. Probably debut it tonight is my guess.
    Isn't Everyone is the Health collaboration. No one has been able to figure out all the lyrics and they haven't been released yet. That's what the QOTD is about.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Isn't Everyone is the Health collaboration. No one has been able to figure out all the lyrics and they haven't been released yet. That's what the QOTD is about.
    Haha awesome. Seems I'm a bit out of touch lol

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    Haha awesome. Seems I'm a bit out of touch lol

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    What’s QOTD?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    What’s QOTD?
    Question Of The Day

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    What’s QOTD?
    Question of the day. The community admin posts a question each day (two out of three so far have been pretty silly ones), people answer.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I can die now.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Chromatic_Aberrations#4556 on Discord, which I use very infrequently for any of the servers I'm in because conversation moves too fast (which is why I love forums). Same avatar, for visual people like me who suck at names.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Oh so that's why they got so mad when I mentioned kraw popping in along with the band members, totally didn't recognize the name. I thought they were just a Discord newbie asking how to tell when the band was on.