Hilarious!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    @Fixer808 your first video reminded me of this:

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This is probably well known already but I just discovered it about a week ago and don't know how I've gone this long without hearing it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Ok, I haven't watched any new Simpsons episode in the last five years, but that still disappoints me:

There's going to be a Simpsons-Family Guy crossover.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ambergris View Post
    Ok, I haven't watched any new Simpsons episode in the last five years, but that still disappoints me:

There's going to be a Simpsons-Family Guy crossover.
    Old news but might be amusing. I will try to not be so nitpicky and more easy going with Family Guy being involved.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Here's a look at it. Honestly, it looks good. Neither show is at it's best right now admittedly (quality-wise Bob's Burgers is blowing them out of the water) but they can pull it together sometimes and I'm sure they'll do so for this episode.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Funny how not a single clip in that commercial was from any episode post-season 9, maybe even earlier. Even Fox knows when the golden years were.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    But Matt Groening, sadly, does not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    But Matt Groening, sadly, does not.
    "You ruined everything, theruiner!"

"My sister likes you."

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm still sort of confused about how I gain access to this awesomeness... i have to have a cable subscription?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Have any of you actually watched a recent episode? People bemoan the middling early 00's series, which were bland at best, but they've been putting out a lot of great stuff recently. Particularly this one. Or is it way easier to remember a bunch of episodes you watched once a decade ago and continue talking shit instead?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Have any of you actually watched a recent episode? People bemoan the middling early 00's series, which were bland at best, but they've been putting out a lot of great stuff recently. Particularly this one. Or is it way easier to remember a bunch of episodes you watched once a decade ago and continue talking shit instead?
    Even when an episode isn't very funny it's almost always fun to watch - which I guess is a perk of having some of the greatest characters on television.

Anyway, I've caught some good, new episodes (I liked the Simpsons lego episode more than I liked The Lego Movie) but the one that stands out the most is what I think is the most recent Xmas special. This is one of the best parts of a great episode:

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    First, dude, chill. No reason to get bent out of shape over a TV show.

Secondly, I know I saw an episode a few years back for the first time in a long time and it was just as awful as I remembered it being. I watched a little bit of the Lego episode and thought it was pretty terrible, too. I've probably seen bits and pieces here and there as well, though I don't remember all that well. I haven't seen anything even remotely good enough to spark my interest again. Maybe I stumbled on some duds in an otherwise ok series? I've heard it's gotten decent- not good, but decent. Which, again, is not enough to get me interested in watching but maybe I'll give it another shot sometime. Nonetheless, my dig was more at Groening for not even seeming to realize that there was ANY change in quality EVER on the show. I've heard him in interviews blame people not liking episodes past season 8 or so because they're "clouded by nostalgia." Which is annoying because, no, I think it's hard to deny if something makes you laugh. It's not nostalgia it just wasn't as good anymore. Maybe it is now, I don't know, but it certainly hit a rough patch for quite a long time at the very least. I'm sure he's too close to it to see it, I guess, but it's still annoying to hear people associated with the show blame everything but the writing for people being turned off to it.
    Last edited by theruiner; 07-24-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    For what it's worth, "The Simpsons Guy" will technically be a Family Guy episode instead of being some hybrid one-off of the two.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    this shit is so odd i don't even know what to think...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Something about Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin fighting makes sense... probably just because it reminds me of Homer fighting George Bush (and because I secretly resent the character of Peter Griffin for being Homer part 2). But that's OK! I'm looking forward to the episode.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    "We're allowed to have ONE..."

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    "We're allowed to have ONE..."
    Homer Glumplich is the man, lol...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So how 'bout that marathon....

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Even though I own seasons 1-16 and 20 and the movie on DVD I would've randomly watched episodes on the marathon on FXX if I had the channel. LOL.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I don't think I've changed the channel from FXX since Thursday.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Every time I turn it on I end up watching the episodes I don't like.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Well, ive been forcing my self to contend with the episodes in the later part of the series and its.... Just awful. At best, the show is inconsistent after season 10. At that point. Its almost as though the show doesnt understand what a joke IS. It falls flat on ounchlines that just dont make sense, awkwardly attempts to be relevant by ramping up conservative political commentary, also ramps up product placement, ajd even its self depreciating jokes about how far the show have fallen are just sad because the series started making them 16 seasons ago. Seriously.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Well, ive been forcing my self to contend with the episodes in the later part of the series and its.... Just awful. At best, the show is inconsistent after season 10. At that point. Its almost as though the show doesnt understand what a joke IS. It falls flat on ounchlines that just dont make sense, awkwardly attempts to be relevant by ramping up conservative political commentary, also ramps up product placement, ajd even its self depreciating jokes about how far the show have fallen are just sad because the series started making them 16 seasons ago. Seriously.
    *Sirens!*

Disagree! I love the show from about season 1 to season 14. After 14 it starts the slow decline in quality. 15 had some funny moments (like the incredibly good Christmas episode with the Astrolabe) but was inconsistent. It steadily gets worse and when it hit season 19 and 20 it was just very average and mostly streamlined. Season 21 onwards I find it barely watchable and a shadow of its former self. However, I still look forward to the annual Treehouse of Horror episodes.

For the record, some of my absolute favorite Simpsons episodes take place in seasons 10, 11 and 12...so yeah. I bid you farewell.

I mean this shit is still fucking gold to me.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    ^That episode is flawfree.

"SHUT UP, THAT'S WHY" is still used often amongst my group of friends.