Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: NIN Spotting 2023

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Nothing new, but Daves Archives uploaded commercials and host banter from MTVs new years 98 broadcast, which has a Fragile teaser around 49:30

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    Nothing new, but Daves Archives uploaded commercials and host banter from MTVs new years 98 broadcast, which has a Fragile teaser around 49:30
    I remember seeing this that very night! I was 15 and up to absolutely nothing watching MTV on NYE.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    I remember seeing this that very night! I was 15 and up to absolutely nothing watching MTV on NYE.
    Oh cool! Were you a fan at the time? Did you know the new album was coming?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    Oh cool! Were you a fan at the time? Did you know the new album was coming?
    Yeah, my first NIN was TDS in 1994 and bought every one since when it came out. We knew that something was coming but this was the official first confirmation at the time.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    I was ridiculously happy when the ninetynine commercial was included in the "beneath the surface" menu on the AATCHB DVD. Of course, I also think of this as the year "easter eggs" largely died. The idea behind the secret menus on the DVD was that you'd learn about them through a drip campaign on nin.com, but of course us nerds figured it out and just did the 2002 equivalent of tweeting it out there. NIN fans were especially good at picking apart technical puzzles.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm not sure they thought through it that well. I seem to remember it was someone putting the DVD into their computer and using the drop down menu for Titles and Chapters that spoiled everything.