Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2023

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    this thread isn’t the place to discuss whether or not you believe the accusations. please refrain from doing so.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I discovered two of the Ghosts tracks used during the discussion of the civil trial in the OJ: Made In America documentary, Part 5.

The emotions those songs evoke on me, are completely at odds with the heavy subject matter of the doc, so if anything hearing them made me feel really uncomfortable at the time.

This has been out for awhile now, so it might be old news. I was 12, 13 years old when these events took place, so I have always been secretly obsessed with this stuff. I love reading books on it, watching docs, I loved the People vs OJ Simpson docu-drama too. Even watching old CNN footage brings me way back.

Anyways, back on topic, what sort of reactions do you have to hearing Ghosts tracks "in the wild"?
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 02-02-2023 at 11:14 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My friends have a surf rock cover band and just released an album with this A Warm Place cover.

https://open.spotify.com/track/0Jar9...urce=copy-link

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Anyways, back on topic, what sort of reactions do you have to hearing Ghosts tracks "in the wild"?
    It hasn't happened too much, but when I do hear one, I usually get a big grin on my face. If I happen to be watching it with someone else, I'll then awkwardly explain that it's a NIN track, and how it's from Ghosts, and how Trent & Atticus do film scores now, by which point their eyes will glaze over and they'll politely ask to get back to the show.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    that was basically me listening to NPR for the year or so after Ghosts I-IV came out because they kept using the tracks as the interstitial music.

Mentioned
    743 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dead Rabbit View Post
    Cringeworthy. The article references Trent, NIN and Nothing Records all by name.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/marilyn-manson-sued-sexual-assault-minor-1234670671/
    weeeeeeeeeellllllll...

ok, nevermind.

That's a trip though, to think that many of us, here, were AT said 95 show at the Fair Park Dogshow Building, errr...i mean, colliseum, as i'm PRETTY fucking sure we're talking about the NIN show, right?
    Brian and Georgie weren't headlining all ages shows in 95, were they?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    That's a trip though, to think that many of us, here, were AT said 95 show at the Fair Park Dogshow Building, errr...i mean, colliseum, as i'm PRETTY fucking sure we're talking about the NIN show, right?
    No. The Melvins opened for that show (substituting for an ill PWEI).

As best as I can tell, based on the details and circumstances cited, the concert dates in the lawsuit are Dallas - Sep 15, 1995 and New Orleans - Dec 9, 1995. Later, it was Dallas - Mar 23, 1999 and New Orleans - March 25, 1999, and then all the tour dates after that for another month or so, which included two dates in New York state, the basis of the lawsuit.

Mentioned
    743 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    No. The Melvins opened for that show (substituting for an ill PWEI).

As best as I can tell, based on the details and circumstances cited, the concert dates in the lawsuit are Dallas - Sep 15, 1995 and New Orleans - Dec 9, 1995. Later, it was Dallas - Mar 23, 1999 and New Orleans - March 25, 1999, and then all the tour dates after that for another month or so, which included two dates in New York state, the basis of the lawsuit.
    Ah. I get the Brian and Georgie Musical Review and Melvins/Jim Rose Circus shows mixed up...not the content of the shows: rather, which one was first.
    My mind is going...I can feel it. I was 14.

But I'm gonna have to look into this. I don't remember Brian headlining an all ages Dallas shows in 95.

Edit: ok, 2 Brian shows in 95, both at clubs. Definitely was the Deep Ellum Live show (all ages). Bit of a rough reputation for such deeds: I have personal experience with Type O and Life of Agony attempting to lure my 16 year old GF and 15 year old friend backstage, without me.
    I bet some of you 42-45 year old Dallas cats were at that Manson show.

Sorry for drift.
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-05-2023 at 12:00 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

https://anchor.fm/the-album-years

The most recent episode (1995) of this fantastic podcast hosted by Steven Wilson and Tim Bowness is full of NIN references, when they talk about Bowie's Outside and Scott Walker's Tilt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Greyson Nekrutman a pretty amazing drummer who does a bunch of jazz/big band type stuff posted a drum cover snippet of SUCK

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CouqI..._web_copy_link

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    T&A's cover of "Immigrant Song" with Karren O is in an EV Ford Bronco commercial.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Irony

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    "The feel-bad car event of the season"

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    At least it's not as bad as Greta Van Fleet doing Kia (I think) ads. Those guys are terrible.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Lol Nine Inch Nails was name dropped on The Flash in the most recent episode, Season 9 Episode 3.

Last edited by thelastdisciple; 02-24-2023 at 03:54 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    recently uploaded, I don't recall seeing this 2000 interview before:

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    NIN got a mention in this list of The 10 Most Influential Bands On Modern Metal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mention of NIN being involved in a charity auction. The auction items include a signed TR print and a few other pretty cool things from Dave Grohl and Kim Gordon.
    Last edited by The Dead Rabbit; 02-28-2023 at 06:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    recently uploaded, I don't recall seeing this 2000 interview before:
    Did not have TR calling Moby courageous on my bingo card today

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    In the latest issue of Action Comics, there's a short story in the back titled "Head Like a Whole"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Designers Republic were due to work with NIN on the last tour, but it did not work out according to this Instagram post:

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Ah man. I'm always stoked to hear TDR is working with NIN, but I haven't actually liked anything they've done together since the Sin single. Cool of them to share this stuff though!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Ah man. I'm always stoked to hear TDR is working with NIN, but I haven't actually liked anything they've done together since the Sin single. Cool of them to share this stuff though!
    Was there anything else besides the Sin single, their unused Head Like a Hole artwork, and the 2006 tour posters?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I agree, which is odd because I love what they did with Autechre, PWEI or (of course) Wipeout for instance, but with NIN it never quite fit... And what I'm seeing here doesn't make me feel terribly inspired either. I think they work best in abstract minimalism, and somehow I guess Reznor is asking a bit more than that ? Although I'd really love to see their "classical" style applied to a NIN era...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did someone post this one already?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroisGreg View Post
    Did someone post this one already?
    Looks like you're the first. ALL of my friends, knowing my love of all things NIN and cats, have sent this to me over the last few days.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quick mention at the end of this new trailer for the 4K remaster of The Doom Generation.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Quick mention at the end of this new trailer for the 4K remaster of The Doom Generation.
    I have vague recollections of watching that movie...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    My girlfriend showed me the latest episode of Bob's Burgers, where Tina is trying to figure out how to be cool around some rocker kids, and her brother tells her to say something they'll understand, like "I gotta go do a Nine Inch Nail".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)