Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Trans Rights

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yeah because it's not true, it's propaganda meant to demonize trans people

Technically now you are anti trans by saying its demonic for a transgender woman to wear a tampon.

There are, most definitely, transgender women who experience happiness and fulfillment through various methods of experiencing a menstrual cycle, so who are you to call them a demon if they experiment and like the way they feel?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Technically now you are anti trans by saying its demonic for a transgender woman to wear a tampon.

There are, most definitely, transgender women who experience happiness and fulfillment through various methods of experiencing a menstrual cycle, so who are you to call them a demon if they experiment and like the way they feel?
    It's amazing how you can try to put words in someone's mouth in a text-based conversation.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    It's amazing how you can try to put words in someone's mouth in a text-based conversation.
    That's what everyone has been doing to me. See how easy it is to take things out of context.

Then why am I painted anti trans in prev posts? I've never described an experience as demonic, I support everyone and everything that makes them happy.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

oh my god are you kidding me?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    That's what everyone has been doing to me. See how easy it is to take things out of context.

Then why am I painted anti trans in prev posts? I've never described an experience as demonic, I support everyone and everything that makes them happy.
    i said that it's PROPAGANDA MEANT TO DEMONIZE TRANS PEOPLE which i am obviously decrying! that is NOT the same as what you have been doing! and you also CONTINUE to ignore my requests for you to answer questions i've directly asked you

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

No, I have quoted your exact words back to you to show how shitty you're being. You turned "it's propaganda meant to demonize trans people" into "who are you to call them a demon." You took words that were sitting right there and just turned them into something else.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    i said that it's PROPAGANDA MEANT TO DEMONIZE TRANS PEOPLE which i am obviously decrying! that is NOT the same as what you have been doing! and you also CONTINUE to ignore my requests for you to answer questions i've directly asked you
    Sorry I missed it, what questions do you have?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Sorry I missed it, what questions do you have?
    see below:

also, snaapz, you keep equating gender with sexuality. being trans has NOTHING to do with sexuality, at all. full-stop.

you also keep refusing to acknowledge the existence of non-binary people, and you are literally spouting the exact same language that blatant transphobes use to justify their hatred.

why? how does this affect you negatively? seriously, please answer me, because i've repeatedly asked you to do so, to give me an example of how trans and non-binary people's existence and request for respect affects you in ANY way, and you have ignored it.

and yes, the DECISION to transition is between the trans person, their doctor, and, if they're a minor and their family is safe and supportive, their parent(s). but the ACCEPTANCE of a person as trans by ANYONE should NOT BE AN ISSUE.
    this is literally the only worthwhile thing you've contributed to this discussion.

also, i'm still waiting for you to respond to my various questions, since you refuse to leave this thread.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    No, I have quoted your exact words back to you to show how shitty you're being. You turned "it's propaganda meant to demonize trans people" into "who are you to call them a demon." You took words that were sitting right there and just turned them into something else.
    eversonpoe said the media is using certain topics as propaganda and demonizing the transgender community. I am also discussing how these topics are creating turmoil, I'm not saying it, I'm referencing real articles and pain points.

As for my actual opinions, I support transgender rights, be who you are and dont let anything stand in your way, let me know what I can do to help, silence is violence!

But, because I admit that I have trouble saying there's more than 2 genders I am a shitty person?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    eversonpoe said the media is using certain topics as propaganda and demonizing the transgender community. I am also discussing how these topics are creating turmoil, I'm not saying it, I'm referencing real articles and pain points.

As for my actual opinions, I support transgender rights, be who you are and dont let anything stand in your way, let me know what I can do to help, silence is violence!

But, because I admit that I have trouble saying there's more than 2 genders I am a shitty person?
    do you not see how those second and third sentences are mutually exclusive?

you can't support trans rights and say "be who you are and don't let anything stand in your way!" and then turn around and say "there are only 2 genders"

you either DO or DON'T support trans rights.

now answer my questions about how ANY of this affects you even remotely negatively in any way.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

give me an example of how trans and non-binary people's existence and request for respect affects you in ANY way, and you have ignored it.

Anyone and everyone who is a part of the LGBTQ2S+ community, non-binary included, has no negative impact on me. I love my friends, I love you, and I love everyone. What does affect me is the amount of hate and violence experienced by people who are just wanting to go about their business. Everywhere I look I see the left and the right fighting one another, and the divide is far more separated than ever before and things are getting worse. I wish everyone would pause and let the dust settle.

An example of how trans and non-binary people's existence and request for respect affects me in ANY way is that its helped me cope and accept myself. It's a complicated journey with many routes and end points. Not being alone has had a huge impact, hearing stories of others who knew who they were since they were 3 years old made me realize I'm not alone, and I'm not a freak.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

this right here is why we can't just slow down and "take the win", @snaapz

we are getting closer and closer to the reality of an attempt at trans genocide. so any effort at "politeness" or not "rocking the boat" too hard or whatever you think we should be doing? it's too fucking late for that. it was already bad enough that trans people were getting murdered at a steady pace, now they're trying to stop us from existing.

and in case you don't actually take the time to read that tweet, it makes it nearly impossible for trans ADULTS to get gender-affirming care. that is absolutely unconscionable.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    eversonpoe said the media is using certain topics as propaganda and demonizing the transgender community.
    Close. She said it was being used as propaganda meant to demonize trans people. Then in your response, you said SHE was saying "it's demonic" and was "calling them a demon."

Why is this so difficult for you?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

give me an example of how trans and non-binary people's existence and request for respect affects you in ANY way, and you have ignored it.

Anyone and everyone who is a part of the LGBTQ2S+ community, non-binary included, has no negative impact on me. I love my friends, I love you, and I love everyone. What does affect me is the amount of hate and violence experienced by people who are just wanting to go about their business. Everywhere I look I see the left and the right fighting one another, and the divide is far more separated than ever before and things are getting worse. I wish everyone would pause and let the dust settle.

An example of how trans and non-binary people's existence and request for respect affects me in ANY way is that its helped me cope and accept myself. It's a complicated journey with many routes and end points. Not being alone has had a huge impact, hearing stories of others who knew who they were since they were 3 years old made me realize I'm not alone, and I'm not a freak.
    then why are you sitting here saying you refuse to acknowledge that there are more than 2 genders? why are you sitting here posting links to stories that villainize trans & non-binary people? why are you CONSISTENTLY ARGUING WITH ME AND ACTING LIKE MY LIFE EXPERIENCE AS A TRANS PERSON HAS NO MERIT?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Years ago I read a book for a class called Queer Theory, Gender Theory: An Instant Primer by Riki Wilchins. I think the general public might benefit from reading it. It helped me understand the false dichotomy of being male/female and made me see gender differently.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 04-13-2023 at 11:30 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'll end it with this. Carry on like nothing is wrong and everything is okay.

In reality everything is not okay and all of the reasons I mentioned are real problems which are detrimental to progress, in many cases things are getting worse.

I have obviously upset everyone by highlighting some of the issues that exist, if you don't face and realize the facts then you'll never understand why people are angry and against you.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I'll end it with this. Carry on like nothing is wrong and everything is okay.

In reality everything is not okay and all of the reasons I mentioned are real problems which are detrimental to progress, in many cases things are getting worse.

I have obviously upset everyone by highlighting some of the issues that exist, if you don't face and realize the facts then you'll never understand why people are angry and against you.
    people are angry and against trans people because of religious zealotry, misinformation, ignorance, and blind hatred. it's REALLY that simple.

trans people are a threat to ABSOLUTELY NO ONE and yet people want us to die, just like people of color during the civil rights movement, just like jews and queer people (and trans people!) during the holocaust. it's all based on hatred with no foundation other than to uphold some bullshit stance—whether it's based in religion, nationalism, racism, etc.—that prevents the status quo from changing.

also, when have any of us ever implied that nothing is wrong? i started this thread because there are SO MANY THINGS WRONG, but they're NOT COMING FROM TRANS PEOPLE! i really do not understand you.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

I believe you've upset everyone because your position is that people under constant threat of harm and death should stop being confrontational about it. Somehow, the people who wish they'd disappear will accept their existence if trans people could just kindly turn the other cheek. It would somehow appease the tensions.

And everyone understands that what you're advising merely means dying in silence, erased, and denied. Just like every oppressed minority in the history of the world, trans people exist, and wish to do so freely and peacefully.
    Never, in history, have any minority been spared by their aggressors because they kept a low profile. Never have their voices been better heard through silence.

That you insist in appeasing the other side of this issue rather than defending those who fear for their existence, is what causes everyone's frustration and anger.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Then do the opposite of what I think should be done.

Push harder and stay on the current course and watch the general pop become even more angry, watch the laws get worse, and watch rights get taken away. Just like they are today.

You confuse my approach with giving up and giving in.

Majority of Americans reject anti-trans bills, but support for this restriction is rising

A majority of Americans oppose restrictions on LGBTQ+ people, yet the latest PBS NewsHour/NPR/Marist poll shows support for such laws is growing as many Republican state and local lawmakers pursue hundreds of bills targeting LGBTQ+ rights around the country.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...tion-is-rising
    Last edited by snaapz; 04-14-2023 at 02:54 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Then do the opposite of what I think should be done.

Push harder and stay on the current course and watch the general pop become even more angry, watch the laws get worse, and watch rights get taken away. Just like they are today.

You confuse my approach with giving up and giving in.

Majority of Americans reject anti-trans bills, but support for this restriction is rising

A majority of Americans oppose restrictions on LGBTQ+ people, yet the latest PBS NewsHour/NPR/Marist poll shows support for such laws is growing as many Republican state and local lawmakers pursue hundreds of bills targeting LGBTQ+ rights around the country.

ok so what is your ACTUAL solution? what do you propose we do? other than sit back and let them strip away our rights until they get to kill us?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Did it occur to you that probably has more to do with the bullshit fear mongering and disinformation campaigns rather than the volume at which trans people scream "HEY PLEASE DONT KILL US?"

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    ok so what is your ACTUAL solution? what do you propose we do? other than sit back and let them strip away our rights until they get to kill us?
    Their solution is for you to just sit on your hands and wait for the fundamentalist Christians, who believe they are waging a holy war against demonic forces invading their sacred country, to cool off and say "Whoopsie! Got a bit hot under the collar there. Let's be friends!"

Let's be real here: people are going to be pissed off no matter what. People are still pissed off that black people and women have the right to vote and not be treated like trash. Are we supposed to just kowtow to these bigots forever? Fuck that shit, and fuck those people forever and ever.

Social change is painful and agonizing and never goes as fast as you want it to, but if you don't keep your foot on the gas, nothing will happen. History has shown that time and again, so the idea that trans people should just relax, "take the win", and not push aggressively for their right to exist and not be targeted by bigots is absurd.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 04-14-2023 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    To me what is often said about power can be applied to Civil Rights: It's never given, you have to take it. Anyone who says otherwise is either lying or clueless. Fuck off to anyone who tells you to politely wait and hope someone decides you deserve to be treated like a human being and allowed to enjoy basic human rights.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    My first post here was an effort to try offer some comfort, I said not to focus on the media and I guess I babbled some garbage that didn't help. I did say that things are heated right now and maybe its a good idea to let the dust settle. I never ever suggested to give up or give in.

I mentioned some tough topics and it's as if I'm the bad person, but they are real events from real transgender people and for some reason it upsets people here.

Honest question.

There are a lot of different movements and groups of people who are achieving their goals, gaining support, and making change at a good pace.

Why is it that the transgender community is currently faced with more push back, hate, and rejection than other groups have dealt with? Does it have to do with religion? Being Gay? Mental Health? People fearing for their children? Sharing a washroom? Fears of losing touch with heritage and tradition? Sports? Education System?

Is it because the general population does not understand what transgender is and what it means to be transgender? Some big changes are being asked and you cannot blame the other side for being hesitant. For example, 'A male give birth. He was impregnated by a female.' These are real things now.

Figure out what people are so afraid of and work on it, which is why I sparked conversation. But rather than discuss it most people here just got angry at me for mentioning real issues.

I've seen church mentioned several times. Is religion the driver?
    Last edited by snaapz; 04-14-2023 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

this right here is why we can't just slow down and "take the win", @snaapz

we are getting closer and closer to the reality of an attempt at trans genocide. so any effort at "politeness" or not "rocking the boat" too hard or whatever you think we should be doing? it's too fucking late for that. it was already bad enough that trans people were getting murdered at a steady pace, now they're trying to stop us from existing.

and in case you don't actually take the time to read that tweet, it makes it nearly impossible for trans ADULTS to get gender-affirming care. that is absolutely unconscionable.
    I'll reply since you tagged me. Rather than a tweet here is a link to the entire ER, the one you shared is partial. https://ago.mo.gov/docs/default-sour...rsn=7f78d4fc_2

I am not sure how I feel about preventing treatment to people with autism, there are so many spectrum's I don't even know what this means. Obviously a non verbal mentally undeveloped child should never get all of the same treatments that other people get. But a functional person with autistic tendencies should not be denied. There are so many spectrum's in between, this part is unclear.

As for the rest, some of the decisions in this ER are based on findings from WPATH, who I am unaware of and I assume is actually on LGBTQs side.

Safeguards are a good thing to have in place. Fifteen therapy sessions is not the end of the world nor is it genocide, it's actually saving lives. Meeting with a good, professional, licensed, graduated psychologist is not a bad thing.

22.The World Professional Association for Transgender Health(“WPATH”)has acknowledged,In most children, gender dysphoria will disappear before,or early in,puberty and
    23.Many medical, hormonal,or surgical transition interventions are irreversible.
    11.A study of 1,655 parental reports found that “parents tended to rate their children as worse off after transition” and “that parents believed gender clinicians and clinics pressured the families toward transition”

18.Puberty suppression presents a risk of stunted growth and failure to attain normal peak bone density
    A study spanning 5 decade of almost 5,000 transgenderpeople who had received cross-sex hormones, regardless of treatment type,nevert he less showed atwo- fold increased mortality risk,”which “did not decrease over time”

A lot of the sections in this ER are concerning and have serious health risks.

So, waiting 3 years and 15 therapy sessions is a safeguard and a good thing, not genocide.

LGBTQ should be pounding on WPATHs doors because they just supported "genocide" and obviously fabricated false studies and reports.

What bothers you about this ER?
    Last edited by snaapz; 04-14-2023 at 11:31 PM.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, waiting 3 years and 15 therapy sessions is a safeguard and a good thing, not genocide.
    This is one of the most disgusting things I have ever heard. Absolutely sickening.

Unless you are trans and you know what it is like to suffer from dysphoria then you can shut the entire fuck up.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    But while I'm here, let's set the record straight on some things.

The regret rates for children are EXTREMELY low.

https://journals.lww.com/annalsplast...urgical.4.aspx
    https://publications.aap.org/pediatr...ial-Transition
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/transg...ts-study-finds
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...tDj4E3WFnB0770
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32273193/
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32839079/
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncn...hKu1DLNnfDod1M
    https://www.gendergp.com/evidenced-r...ret-newsnight/
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/23/health/transgender-puberty-blockers-suicide-study/index.html?fbclid=IwAR08PaIIFgHKlsJqg4bO23XP81Ivd9DdXKlFDChuPq0T3WBI-gTfC_1NX88
    https://www.cambridge.org/core/journ...4E6A37BC7550A4

The "most kids grow out of it before puberty" thing is also a complete myth.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ErinInThe...27925144440835

There have been over two decades of studies into this and they have shown, overWHELMINGLY that gender affirming care is the best course of treatment. Here are over 50 studies showing exactly that.

https://whatweknow.inequality.cornel...gender-people/

There is a literal genocide going on against trans people in this country. For you to come in here and try to say that we should have to wait THREE YEARS for life-saving treatment is not only absurd, it's fucking monstrous. I don't care if these posts are against the rules, aren't polite, get me in trouble, whatever. I'm done being nice to bigots. The time for politeness is fucking over.
    Last edited by theruiner; 04-15-2023 at 03:37 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    This is one of the most disgusting things I have ever heard. Absolutely sickening.

Unless you are trans and you know what it is like to suffer from dysphoria then you can shut the entire fuck up.
    So you disagree with WPATH and their recommendations and the studies? Because I am agreeing with WPATH, they have used facts and studies to recommend this approach.

Again the facts and reasons which explain what I said have been ignored, rather than discuss this I am once again told to fuck off with zero context.

If what I said is wrong then WPATH needs to be held accountable for fabricating false studies and publishing false results. You're angry at me and for listening to WPATH and providing facts and research WPATH provided. Telling me to fuck off makes zero sense.

I said I was not aware of WPATH and assumed they were legitimate, they sound and appear legit with transgender members on their board.

Rather than telling me to fuck off you could have said ... "there is a lot of scandal with this false organization who have time after time proven that they are not working in the interest of the transgender community"

https://genderreport.ca/bias-not-evi...ndard-of-care/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    But while I'm here, let's set the record straight on some things.

The regret rates for children are EXTREMELY low.

https://journals.lww.com/annalsplast...urgical.4.aspx
    https://publications.aap.org/pediatr...ial-Transition
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/transg...ts-study-finds
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...tDj4E3WFnB0770
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32273193/
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32839079/
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncn...hKu1DLNnfDod1M
    https://www.gendergp.com/evidenced-r...ret-newsnight/
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/23/health/transgender-puberty-blockers-suicide-study/index.html?fbclid=IwAR08PaIIFgHKlsJqg4bO23XP81Ivd9DdXKlFDChuPq0T3WBI-gTfC_1NX88
    https://www.cambridge.org/core/journ...4E6A37BC7550A4

The "most kids grow out of it before puberty" thing is also a complete myth.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ErinInThe...27925144440835

There have been over two decades of studies into this and they have shown, overWHELMINGLY that gender affirming care is the best course of treatment. Here are over 50 studies showing exactly that.

https://whatweknow.inequality.cornel...gender-people/

There is a literal genocide going on against trans people in this country. For you to come in here and try to say that we should have to wait THREE YEARS for life-saving treatment is not only absurd, it's fucking monstrous. I don't care if these posts are against the rules, aren't polite, get me in trouble, whatever. I'm done being nice to bigots. The time for politeness is fucking over.

Thank you! My opinion of WPATH and the MR has changed and it's now clear that misinformation is a serious issue. The general population is not aware of this stuff so they believe what they see and hear.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Wow, you mean the things people with lived experience say about their lives are true?? And the opposite narrative is based in ignorance of the issue??? Whodathunkit!?